Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeQuestions

Any Luck Selling Expensive Comics in Forum??5631

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@QuaBrot No guarantees.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
If it was a esoteric gold or pre-code horror book that has only had been offered & sold a handful of times...like a 4.0, a 3.0, 5.0,5.5 and 6.0...within the last 2 years....than you could infer a pricing trend on the book, to a relatively fair degree if you know why that specific book is trending up or down, and than extrapolated the pricing spread and how that differential impacts GA to precode books between 2.0 to 6.0.

24 month average on one specific grade, 9.2. What are you even talking about? It's not even the same thing. You act like I'm trying to infer a gap in grades to conclude my average.

My point was that a 2 year or so average can be logically applied to a book with sales that are far and few between.

Than, you have to extrapolate the initial projected value by knowing price spreads on a book.

Than, you add that in with other variables to come up with an accurate projection of approximate FMV.

In this case, an FF 48 that has about what .. dozens of sales on a monthly basis in various grades....and 3 sales so far in 2018 for a 9.2 ....your 2 year average has no practical application.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
[Insert popcorn meme here]
Post 78 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, I disagree.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to use the Two Year Average Plan ™ from now on when I make offers.

Post 80 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
as long as you pay me royalties, that's fine
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
as long as you pay me royalties, that's fine

See my post doctor, I already trademarked it lol
Post 82 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Related true story.

Many years ago, I ordered what was supposed to be a fine/VF raw copy of FF #5 from (I think) New England Comics for $125.00

I lived in Cleveland but was in Columbus participating in the state Olympics in several sports and staying in a motel. My wife was still in Cleveland because she had to work. I had entries into two sports the following morning and I needed my rest.

Anyway, I called her to see how she was doing and during our conversation she mentioned that I got a comic book in the mail.

Since I had only ordered one book I knew what it was and I told her "honey you have to bring that to me tonight. Can't wait to hold it".

Here's the thing. She had to work he next morning. But she drove the hour and a half and brought me the book. I was a little disappointed about the condition. But a VG was good enough at the time. At least I now had one.

The wife and I spent an hour or two together and she drove back home to get some sleep before she had to work. I think she got two hours sleep that night.

I sold the FF #5 years later when money was tight. I think I got $375 for it. But whenever I see one. I don't think about my former FF #5. I think of my darling and what she did for me.

I still have her. But I want an FF #5 too. It was stupid of me to sell it. It is one of the biggest keys in Marvel silver, IMO.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Related true story.

Many years ago, I ordered what was supposed to be a fine/VF raw copy of FF #5 from (I think) New England Comics for $125.00

I lived in Cleveland but was in Columbus participating in the state Olympics in several sports and staying in a motel. My wife was still in Cleveland because she had to work. I had entries into two sports the following morning and I needed my rest.

Anyway, I called her to see how she was doing and during our conversation she mentioned that I got a comic book in the mail.

Since I had only ordered one book I knew what it was and I told her "honey you have to bring that to me tonight. Can't wait to hold it".

Wow - nice story. Hope you didn’t tell her that you sold it.

Here's the thing. She had to work he next morning. But she drove the hour and a half and brought me the book. I was a little disappointed about the condition. But a VG was good enough at the time. At least I now had one.

The wife and I spent an hour or two together and she drove back home to get some sleep before she had to work. I think she got two hours sleep that night.

I sold the FF #5 years later when money was tight. I think I got $375 for it. But whenever I see one. I don't think about my former FF #5. I think of my darling and what she did for me.

I still have her. But I want an FF #5 too. It was stupid of me to sell it. It is one of the biggest keys in Marvel silver, IMO.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak Nice story. I don't have any stories related to my wife other than her trying to throw them away.
Post 85 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak @KingNampa Actually, without my wife buying into me buying the FF5, I never would have pulled the trigger on it. She's not a comic book chick, but she is pretty cool that way.
Post 86 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@conditionfreak @KingNampa Actually, without my wife buying into me buying the FF5, I never would have pulled the trigger on it. She's not a comic book chick, but she is pretty cool that way.

Keep her!

I have been with my wife for 55 years. Married for 45 of that.

I'm turning 65 if you want to do the math.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector c_mkv private msg quote post Address this user
PM sent.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
Still have the book? Books? Let's Deal...
Post 89 IP   flag post
600633 89 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?