Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Art slab for a reproduction?5619

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I have a reproduction on light card stock of the first page from AF 15. I was thinking about sending it in to the upcoming Stan Lee signing.

Would CBCS allow this in a yellow label art slab. it's exactly 8.5" x 11". It was manufactured with the center-fold.

I am mostly just interested in Stan's sig being authenticated.

Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Call the office. Since there is no true artwork, I don't know. They changed the rules on what qualifies, so I want you to make sure first.

As for the size, 8.5x11 will not fit in the holder. If it folds down to 4.25x5.5", and you want it slabbed like that, then it would fit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'll take a stab at helping you out. Since you already stated that were sending it in, I'll assume you are talking about a CBCS facilitator who is approved for Stan Lee. However, I see a problem. According to the CBCS website (copied in the FAQ page), "The maximum dimension for these are 10.25 inches tall by 7.25 inches wide." So, unless you want it folded in half in a slab, I'd say the answer is no.

I'm thinking that a good alternative might be to get the "Stan Lee sticker" placed on it. Or, perhaps the facilitator might be able to provide a COA. I know most people consider COA's worthless, but I know of one company that gives COA's and they give each piece a unique number, take down a description of the item, and then has an online database where you can search by the COA number for what the item is. It's not foolproof, but I think it's the closest I've seen to a secure COA system. Then, get it matted and framed and hang it on a wall!! Given that it is 8.5 X 11. you can even find premade mat and frame combos for it, even at Walmart. Mind you, the quality isn't great for the cheaper ones, but you can find quality ones for under $80 online. I hope this helps some.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Appreciate the info. Bummer it won't fit in a slab, though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
597944 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?