Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop Culture

1971 DC Comics HOUSE OF SECRETS 925616

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@daywalker They're busting his balls for making an offer on another book for the 24 month average.

He pointed out that the more recent sales were trending upwards, but intended it as an opening offer.

Even so, it was not well received.

On another note, @kaptainmyke, are you getting the HOS 92 slabbed? It'll be interesting to see the final grade.

Yes. I think with a press everyone's grade guess is low, because that spine looks fantastic. But I don't know how to penalize for the foxing. And foxing always looks worse in person than on the pics. (It doesn't look that bad in the pics you added.) So ... you must follow up, after it's pressed and graded! Please?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Some people think that "fair market value" is more like a scheme to lowball a price. Generally, I believe most people who are not in the business of selling agree that the value of a book is what is listed in the Overstreet price guide and not an average of the current eBay/auction selling price.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@daywalker They're busting his balls for making an offer on another book for the 24 month average.

Oh, now I get it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

He pointed out that the more recent sales were trending upwards, but intended it as an opening offer.

On another note, @kaptainmyke, are you getting the HOS 92 slabbed? It'll be interesting to see the final grade.

I don't understand why some people get so bent over negotiating, especially other people's business.

Negotiating is fun, imo.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

I don't understand why some people get so bent over negotiating, especially other people's business.

Negotiating is fun, imo.

Technically he never made an offer on the book opening or otherwise, he just said what he would pay based on a 24 month average.

Getting mocked for clown tactics shouldn’t cause people to get so bent IMHO.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

Negotiating is fun, imo.

Technically he never made an offer on the book opening or otherwise, he just said what he would pay based on a 24 month average.

Following people around "mocking" from thread to thread because you don't like how an offer was presented is clown tactics dude.

But, its not my fight. So whatever. Take from that what you will.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Negotiating is fun, imo.

Following people around "mocking" from thread to thread because you don't like how an offer was presented is clown tactics dude.

But, its not my fight. So whatever. Take from that what you will.

I think this forum is perfect for you.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user

Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think this forum is perfect for you.

I do enjoy the place, and the folks here are generally good people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven

@Odins_Raven wins lmfao
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Hello my friends I am back !
Post 85 IP   flag post
I was in the 1830 s arguing with president Franklin pierce on his views of slavery ! He really is one of the worst presidents!
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven

Post 87 IP   flag post
Rofl baaahahahahhahahhhaaa 🤣🤣🤣👌🏻
Post 88 IP   flag post
Hello shrewbeer .
Post 89 IP   flag post
Calling kaptain myke. ? Kaptain myke?
Post 90 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1989
I was in the 1830 s arguing with president Franklin pierce on his views of slavery ! He really is one of the worst presidents!

I'd pick him over Jodie Whittaker.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1989
Calling kaptain myke. ? Kaptain myke?

He's on a short vacation for language.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Some people think that "fair market value" is more like a scheme to lowball a price. Generally, I believe most people who are not in the business of selling agree that the value of a book is what is listed in the Overstreet price guide and not an average of the current eBay/auction selling price.

Disagree.

Overstreet data is for raws to begin with, not CGC and CBCS graded copies.

Overstreet also comes out once a year...it is really just a guide, and often has inaccurate data on the majority of listed books.

Virtually all silver and bronze run books commonly sell at around half Overstreet values, raw.

Inversely, key books tend to sell for well above Overstreet, raw.

Factor in certified grading by CGC and CBCS, you can pretty much throw Overstreet out the window on stabbed keys.

Hell, I will pay full Overstreet for nearly every silver and bronze key book in raw form, knowing I can double my money on most of them if I wanted to flip them without having to have them slabbed.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Agreed. Overstreet can only keep up with what isn't moving much. I was thinking more along the lines of Golden and Atomic Age, though.
Post 94 IP   flag post
How do you feel about Jodie Whitaker Dr Watson!
Post 95 IP   flag post
596799 95 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?