Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Ok guys. Not trying to beat a dead horse with the variants. However, since 796 will not feature the Red Goblin, what 797 variant books are the “consensus” ones to own. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Until it becomes the "cameo" and 798 or 799 is the first "full" appearance. FYI 796 comic exposure variant is the first appearance now (albeit a cover).

Let the controversy/drama begin!!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Bankj318 private msg quote post Address this user
Get them all and all the variants!! Help marvel stock lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
For Reference:
(AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #796 LEG COMICXPOSURE CLAYTON CRAIN VIRGIN)

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s an idea. Don’t buy. Let the hype die. Then if you really want it buy it for reduced price 1-2 years from now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Man-Spider?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Until it becomes the "cameo" and 798 or 799 is the first "full" appearance. FYI 796 comic exposure variant is the first appearance now (albeit a cover).

Everyone’s guess which one will be the first appearance. My bets are on either 797 or 799. And I don’t consider a retailer exclusive cover to be a cameo
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Amazing Man-Spider?
my iPhone 8+ is no match for the speed of my sausage fingers
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Everyone’s guess which one will be the first appearance. My bets are on either 797 or 799. And I don’t consider a retailer exclusive cover to be a cameo

But it will be the first red goblin cover.. For me personally, that is pretty cool.. Not sure what other collectors will think
Post 9 IP   flag post
Let's talk 796 regular cover for a moment. Anyone try to track one of these down today? I got one copy after hitting 5 stores today. And the only reason I got that one is because they were limiting them to one copy per customer (and getting there when they opened helped). Good for them! There were still only 6 or so copies when normally there are 20-30 of ASM. At least I think my copy has 9.8 potential.

I drove an hour to get that one, so even if I flip this book I spent more in gas than I'll profit!..so to avoid this again I preordered copies of 798 and 799 through midtown (3 of each to increase my odds at a 9.6/9.8...will likely sell the others).

Weird how the green goblin keeps appearing on covers to 797 and 798...makes you wonder if this will drag out with the first full appearance being as late as 799 (cameo at the end of 798). With the discount midtown previews gives even after shipping I'm getting them less than cover price.

Also through in a few True Believers Thanos books because how can you pass some of these classic stories for $1?!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I think what happend was that ASM 795 came as a surprise and it was too late to preorder for 796 - hence difficult to get. 797 and onwards though - ppl will be prepared. For 797 alone some of my seller buddies have preordered 500 copies!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Technically this is the one to get:

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Technically this is the one to get:

Agree but it is not a full appearance. We will have to wait and see (another 3 months) whether CBCS will recognize it as a cameo
Post 13 IP   flag post
He hasn't even come out as "Red Goblin" yet. He's just bonded with the carnage symbiote.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
He's got to buy it flowers and go out on a first date
Post 15 IP   flag post
The descriptions for the next few issues refer to the green goblin returning....how do we know Norman is the red goblin? How do we know carnage won't bond with someone else and have it be a festive green vs. red goblin throw down in issue 800? I think we're being set up for a twist...just a theory.
Post 16 IP   flag post
it's hilarious how people on facebook were buying up 5-10 copies of this week's ASM and nothing happened. Total filler book if you actually read the title. Not wise to buy for the cover art and word of mouth hype.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Norman got the symbiote, he hasn't been Green Goblin yet let alone Carnage and Goblin at the same time.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think Norman is going to remain bonded to the Carnage symbiote for very long. He's too much of a control freak, and Carnage is all about chaos. I see him (maybe) getting in one good fight with Spider-Man, then having his red-pajamas beat off of him by either a) Spider-Man, b) Anti-Venom, c) Venom, or d) All Of The Above.

Carnage isn't like Venom, where you can swap the guy wearing the suit and adjust the narrative to make it work (except for Lee Price, screw that guy). It just doesn't work that way with Carnage, anyone other than Cletus Kasady just isn't homicidal or crazy enough. The only other guy with as little regard for life as Kasady who is possibly nuts enough to keep the Carnage symbiote happy for more than an issue or two is Bullseye, but for whatever reason Marvel hasn't decided to go down that road. Would be nice to see Daredevil go up against Carnage; might even get a high enough body count to make Marvel's boy scout turn to Punisher and/or Venom for help...oh the moral conundrum it would be...
Post 19 IP   flag post
So I am delayed getting to work and it's only 10 minutes before Books-a-Million opens. So I decide to swing by to see if they put their new comics out in hopes of snagging a spidey 796 and avengers 781. Turns out they were in the process of putting them out when they opened, and they had 1 of each, both having corner damage (more below).

So I decide to purchase the 796 and leave 781. While at the counter the phone rings and the elderly woman is trying to calm a person down on the phone she describes to me as "ravenous" for a comic book. Hope it wasn't asm 796!

Anyway, below is the pic of the damage. There are no other defects visible. It looks as though the corner is blunted to the point it's just breaking color, and likely cannot be pressed out. If say the crease is about 1/4 in length eyeballing. Given no other defects, can this still be considered a vf/nm or nm-, Or regardless of the rest of the book does this defect automatically place it at VF at best? Opinions?

Post 20 IP   flag post
you can still buy newsies at BAM ?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want some
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
you can still buy newsies at BAM ?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want some

i think they only sell Direct Market there now
Post 22 IP   flag post
that one looks like a newsie
Post 23 IP   flag post
I didn't think marvel made newsies anymore. I asked a few weeks ago in another bread whether anyone knew the official last month for Marvel or DC for newsies....DC was last year summerish. Marvel, long before that.

No one replied to my request, I believe.
Post 24 IP   flag post
looks like just a plain bar code. maybe they switched to that?
Post 25 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Yes they did. I double checked my BAM! copy vs. what I picked up at the (not so) LCS. They're the same.
Post 26 IP   flag post
600790 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?