Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Quadruple cover scammer busted558

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, I didn't see his disclaimer at the end. Good enough I suppose.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
"boy did this thread get a hair cut from last night. lol glad I saved part of the exchange between CAK & Vger7."

Damn! Someone tell Dr. X to PM me
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
This is a good one:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uDtvfg4PvOkJ:boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Dshowflat%26Number%3D9414653+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
This is the damning post second one down quoted by BUTM

That's the quote I was just going to post:

"I see everybody is still talking about this ****.

You want the truth ****ers well here it is...my friend makes the books. I didn't know he makes them until I asked him earlier. But I figured I could make a little off them by selling them on ebay not knowing they were fakes.

But after getting questioned about them over and over and taking them down...canceling bids and every other ****ing thing to do...but it still looks like I get the 3rd degree **** (**** you adonis by the way)

I don't want to have anything further to do with this ****. But ALL of you are still riding my **** about it and I guess that makes yall feel good about it."
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector DWL private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWL
Hey all, I just posted on the other forum what I think about this. Based on what I have read I have little doubt this Munkalunk character took part in creating those "Frankstein" books.

I also noted that one thing to consider before throwing any of the grading companies under the bus is that maybe, just maybe this Munkalunk character bought those slabbed books already slabbed and he is merely re-selling them. Just because he is selling those slabs does not prove he submitted them.

Therefore, while unlikely, this does not prove either of the grading companies missed these, they may well be legitimate printing errors that where slabbed.

He did mention he liked odd items like double and triple cover books in one of his posts. Perhaps this is even where he got the idea to create the raw double, triple or quadruple covers he was selling?

@DWL Yeah, I see that. Looks like kav admits it's a possibility too. Huh.
Hopefully he'll edit his initial post here, while he can, since it sounds so definite and sure.

Sounds good. I agree.

For all I know I could be wrong but some of those comments sound so definitive. Just seemed to me like there are some assumptions being made.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry if I sounded damning to CBCS and CGC
I have no information about the slabbed books just the seller's history faking dupes
Post 30 IP   flag post

If a notorious raw over-grader sells a 9.8 slab, that doesn't automatically mean the 3rd Party Grader missed something that should have made it a 6.0- That's all I'm sayin'.

Again, if something came up that says one of these characters subbed the book, then please link it. I do want to know if resto is being missed.
Post 31 IP   flag post
There is no evidence CGC or CBCS did anything wrong.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Thanks for clearing that up. I really didn't want to wade through however many more pages it's gone past 15.
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
For the people that dont read the other boards looks like cgc graded a action 1 1976 reprint with a extra cover in the centerfold that this guys sold also. I know some people and i think your one of them Kav thinks the guys may have sprinkled these true error books in with his homemade ones. I tend to think both companys may have missed on these
Post 34 IP   flag post
No matter how much I exit or refresh this page it keeps saying I'm currently typing. Maybe this post will shut the thing up.
Post 35 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
No matter how much I exit or refresh this page it keeps saying I'm currently typing. Maybe this post will shut the thing up.

You have to delete all the way back to the beginning of the posting box. If you leave even just a space, it will display you as currently typing.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
For the people that dont read the other boards looks like cgc graded a action 1 1976 reprint with a extra cover in the centerfold that this guys sold also. I know some people and i think your one of them Kav thinks the guys may have sprinkled these true error books in with his homemade ones. I tend to think both companys may have missed on these

Has there ever been a cover in he centerfold before? I've never hearda this.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav

You have to delete all the way back to the beginning of the posting box. If you leave even just a space, it will display you as currently typing.

aha-that's exactly what I left-a space....
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:

Has there ever been a cover in he centerfold before? I've never hearda this.

I believe there were some posts showing CF covers (or cover CFs) in the double cover thread over there somewhat recently.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
This is a good one:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uDtvfg4PvOkJ:boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Dshowflat%26Number%3D9414653+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm guessing you mean this line: "my friend makes the books. I didn't know he makes them until I asked him earlier. But I figured I could make a little off them by selling them on ebay not knowing they were fakes."

It does sound like he's saying he tried to sell them after he learned they're fakes, but I think the sentence was poorly worded. I'm pretty sure he meant to say, "I figured I could make a little off them by selling them on ebay, not knowing they were fakes. My friend makes the books, but I didn't know he makes them until I asked him."
Not that it matters.

I don't believe him, but I also don't think the slabs are fakes.

The only other scenario I can think of is a low life LCS owner found a gullible sucker who didn't think it odd finding a multiple cover gold mine in his city. Seems unlikely, but just read many of the FB posts and the like. There are TONS of gullible out there. I really can picture someone walking into an LCS saying they collect these types of books, and next thing you know there's a stack waiting for him the next time he comes in.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
This is a good one:

I'm guessing you mean this line: "my friend makes the books. I didn't know he makes them until I asked him earlier. But I figured I could make a little off them by selling them on ebay not knowing they were fakes."

It does sound like he's saying he tried to sell them after he learned they're fakes, but I think the sentence was poorly worded. I'm pretty sure he meant to say, "I figured I could make a little off them by selling them on ebay, not knowing they were fakes. My friend makes the books, but I didn't know he makes them until I asked him."
Not that it matters.

I don't believe him, but I also don't think the slabs are fakes.

The only other scenario I can think of is a low life LCS owner found a gullible sucker who didn't think it odd finding a multiple cover gold mine in his city. Seems unlikely, but just read many of the FB posts and the like. There are TONS of gullible out there. I really can picture someone walking into an LCS saying they collect these types of books, and next thing you know there's a stack waiting for him the next time he comes in.

This is what most think I feel. I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt sadly
Post 41 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't read the entire thread across the street, but did this guy ever mention who the LCS was? Seems like one of the posters mentioned the shop may be located in the Denton TX area which is just a short drive north from me. I don't do business up in that area but I would like to know if it's one of the guys up there.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I haven't read the entire thread across the street, but did this guy ever mention who the LCS was? Seems like one of the posters mentioned the shop may be located in the Denton TX area which is just a short drive north from me. I don't do business up in that area but I would like to know if it's one of the guys up there.

He would not reveal what shop it was. Personally from his responses I don't think any shop was directly involved in manufacturing these books.
Post 43 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
Quote:

He would not reveal what shop it was. Personally from his responses I don't think any shop was directly involved in manufacturing these books.
And I almost don't think there is a "Friend" he got them from either
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
Quote:

And I almost don't think there is a "Friend" he got them from either

I agree, if he was getting them from someone I'm sure the "friend" would also have multiple error books listed.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector DWL private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Sorry if I sounded damning to CBCS and CGC
I have no information about the slabbed books just the seller's history faking dupes

Hey Kav, no problem!

Happy to see people watching out for other collectors when shady happenings occur.
Post 46 IP   flag post
600915 46 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?