Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Wrong comic5516

Collector TheCollectorOfAll private msg quote post Address this user
This is bull! Anyone else get a wrong comic delivered to them? I had a book signed and they delivered the wrong one after waiting months!!! Never using these idiots again. It shows the title all over my paperwork and still it's Wrong!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
This should be good.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Are you saying you got someone else's book? Or are you saying you got the same issue but there is no signature on it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollectorOfAll
This is bull! Anyone else get a wrong comic delivered to them? I had a book signed and they delivered the wrong one after waiting months!!! Never using these idiots again. It shows the title all over my paperwork and still it's Wrong!

Sure, it has happened with both of the major 3rd party grading companies.

So, what did you submit and what did you receive? You haven't substantiated anything.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Calm down....and explain....please
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I want to complain about something, but I have no information or details. Nothing happened, I just want to complain. "They" did it. I'm not sure who "they" is.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
It's not even clear this person got anything graded. Moving right along....
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Great place to make your case:
1. Which comic/sig did you submit?
2. Which comic did you receive?
3. Receipts?
Post 8 IP   flag post
The book submitted was Batman #612 the black and white variant and paid to have it signed by Jim Lee. I do have all the receipts but the one that was returned was Batman in Barcelona #1. Sorry I didn't clarify and no I wasn't making false claims. But I do see why it would appear like that with my angry ramble lol. I'm sorry but I think it's pretty easy to tell the difference between the #1 and #612. Calling them today to get this issue resolved. But this actually happens often?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
merger = bigger & better things,all going down hill, what is this, two ship to the wrong address in other post. and now shipping the wrong books.
i think i will be jumping ship over to CGC the way CBCS is going, on top of that it hard to get someone on the phone when something goes wrong.enough is enough. something needs to be done and fixed.

and the long TAT, OMG still waiting on books from OCT. when will i get these i guess #SOON.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@TheCollectorOfAll make sure and email them and call. I had a comic shop from a facilitator that I forgot I had and I emailed CBCS and within the day they had emailed me back asking if I knew who the company was and the comic submitted.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The book submitted was Batman #612 the black and white variant and paid to have it signed by Jim Lee.

Who did you submit the book to in order to have it signed? Very easily could have been a submission mistake on their part.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdod3
Quote:
The book submitted was Batman #612 the black and white variant and paid to have it signed by Jim Lee.

Who did you submit the book to in order to have it signed? Very easily could have been a submission mistake on their part.

this was my thought as well.

@TheCollectorOfAll did you submit your book directly to CBCS yourself, or use a middleman with getting the signature?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
merger = bigger & better things,all going down hill, what is this, two ship to the wrong address in other post. and now shipping the wrong books.
i think i will be jumping ship over to CGC the way CBCS is going, on top of that it hard to get someone on the phone when something goes wrong.enough is enough. something needs to be done and fixed.

and the long TAT, OMG still waiting on books from OCT. when will i get these i guess #SOON.

Well...CGC has had the same issue so best of luck to you.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The book submitted was Batman #612 the black and white variant and paid to have it signed by Jim Lee. I do have all the receipts but the one that was returned was Batman in Barcelona #1. Sorry I didn't clarify and no I wasn't making false claims. But I do see why it would appear like that with my angry ramble lol. I'm sorry but I think it's pretty easy to tell the difference between the #1 and #612. Calling them today to get this issue resolved. But this actually happens often?

No, this does not happen often.

In the past 30 days or so, there have been 2 or 3 other reports on this board from customers like yourself, who had orders shipped to the wrong address. They were all intercepted enroute to the incorrectly labeled address and rerouted to the customer with no other issues.

When a grading company ships out what is ostensibly thousands of orders every week, the laws of normal human error would put 1 out of a 1000 (arbitrary figure) packages as having a delivery issue. The handful of mislabeled packages were incorrectly labeled to an address in Nevada, which is probably a comic dealer who does a lot of business with CBCS.

The same thing has happened with CGC, numerous times; mislabeled packages and so on. Slabs have been mislabeled. Recently, IIRC, a CGC customer got a mislabeled Hulk 181 (labeled as a New Mutants #98) while another CGC customer got a mislabeled new Mutants #98 (labeled as a Hulk 181).

I can't remember the details of that other than what I related above and my memory may be off on that incidence regarding CGC that I related above. But I know that CGC resolved the problem with no other incidence. Just as CBCS will resolve your problem, with no other incidence.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
In the past 30 days or so, there have been 2 or 3 other reports on this board from customers like yourself, who had orders shipped to the wrong address. They were all intercepted enroute to the incorrectly labeled address and rerouted to the customer with no other issues.

When a grading company ships out what is ostensibly thousands of orders every week, the laws of normal human error would put 1 out of a 1000 (arbitrary figure) packages as having a delivery issue. The handful of mislabeled packages were incorrectly labeled to an address in Nevada, which is probably a comic dealer who does a lot of business with CBCS.

Fake news.

They were not intercepted. Despite having contacted CBCS and having them change the address, my package made it all the way to Las Vegas before experiencing a delivery exception and being rerouted to my address. Despite changing the address, CBCS forgot to update the name of the recipient. I found this out when all the door tags they left were for someone other than myself and my phone calls to FedEx were met with questions because I was not showing up as the recipient. Other than the original response to change my address, CBCS failed to contact me despite MULTIPLE emails, phone calls and facebook messages. When my package was finally held at a FedEx location, I showed up with all my emails, door tags, a utility bill and tiger balm in case I needed to cry to get my package. Luckily the lady was super nice and let me sign for it (which is also pretty sketchy since my name was NOT on the box). Took a total of 14 days for me to receive my books, worth the $30 shipping CBCS charged me right? So to say there were "no other issues" is a pretty big understatement, the issues were enough to convince me not to do business with CBCS again.

I did contact the guy in Las Vegas just in case CBCS couldn't get the address changed and he is not a comic book dealer, he also hasn't done business with CBCS in quite awhile. Thought I'd clarify that.

Sorry to hear about your predicament OP, hope it gets figured out #soon
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@TheCollectorOfAll please let us know the resolution after you call CBCS customer service
Post 18 IP   flag post
To answer some of the questions:
I did give to CBCS themselves at Comic-Con

Wasn't a misdirected package because I had 3 more comics that all came in the same box. Only that one comic in the box was wrong.

Contacted CBCS and they are trying to figure out what went wrong. They said that it was entered that way into their system but I provided them with the receipt and shipping label they included showing my comic was Batman 612 not Batman in Barcelona.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
If we are playing musical books at the office now, put my stack next to the high dollar golden age guys please
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

Fake news.

They were not intercepted. Despite having contacted CBCS and having them change the address, my package made it all the way to Las Vegas before experiencing a delivery exception and being rerouted to my address. Despite changing the address, CBCS forgot to update the name of the recipient. I found this out when all the door tags they left were for someone other than myself and my phone calls to FedEx were met with questions because I was not showing up as the recipient. Other than the original response to change my address, CBCS failed to contact me despite MULTIPLE emails, phone calls and facebook messages. When my package was finally held at a FedEx location, I showed up with all my emails, door tags, a utility bill and tiger balm in case I needed to cry to get my package. Luckily the lady was super nice and let me sign for it (which is also pretty sketchy since my name was NOT on the box). Took a total of 14 days for me to receive my books, worth the $30 shipping CBCS charged me right? So to say there were "no other issues" is a pretty big understatement, the issues were enough to convince me not to do business with CBCS again.

I did contact the guy in Las Vegas just in case CBCS couldn't get the address changed and he is not a comic book dealer, he also hasn't done business with CBCS in quite awhile. Thought I'd clarify that.

Sorry to hear about your predicament OP, hope it gets figured out #soon

Intercepted=
The package was intercepted when it arrived at the destination city as shown on the package (Vegas).

That is how FedEx intercepts and reroutes shipments.

For practical reasons (man power), that is how FedEx operates.

I am not making light of these issues.

But I am sure that if you were dealing with CGC and not CBCS, all other things being equal,your experience would not have been the slightest bit different.
Post 21 IP   flag post
601333 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?