Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Show off your Frank Miller signatures!551

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
With Frank Miller hitting the convention scene pretty hard this year, a lot of us got a great (if expensive) chance to get some sigs from a legendary creator. Here's a place to show off your Frank Miller sigs, whether you got them this year, back in the 80s or anywhere in between!

I got two books signed by him, through different facilitators.

The first is my Daredevil 168, signed by Miller and Klaus Janson. I see plenty of DD 181 signed by the duo but 168 doesn't seem to get signed that often. This copy was a 5.5 blue CBCS label and is going back to get a yellow. (sorry for the small pic)

I just got this one yesterday, the hardcover limited edition of Frank Miller's Robocop. I got the book signed by Peter Weller, the one and only Robocop if you ask me, years ago and I took the opportunity to get Miller on the book this year.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Muaythaiguy private msg quote post Address this user

Signed by Klaus Janson, Brian Azzarello, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller.
This going to CBCS to get a yellow label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
@Muaythaiguy Awesome! DKIII has so many awesome covers. I was tempted to get one of mine signed too but I ended up going with something I was a little more attached to.

@Stelbert_Stylton I think I remember seeing that in the signature identification thread. It's on a classic Daredevil, right?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Stelbert_Stylton I think I remember seeing that in the signature identification thread. It's on a classic Daredevil, right?

Maybe you saw it on theComicBookForum.com? It's actually in issue #4 from Wolverine's first mini.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Red84 private msg quote post Address this user
From the LE signed hardcover of That Yellow Bastard

Post 7 IP   flag post
@Red84 Awesome! Do you happen to have a shot of the cover? I'm not familiar with that book
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Red84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Red84 Awesome! Do you happen to have a shot of the cover? I'm not familiar with that book

Here you go. That Yellow Bastard is my all time favorite comic story.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Nice! I would definitely say it's my favorite Sin City book and I thought they did a great job with the film adaptaion. They even kept Robocop's gun!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I got this a week or two ago!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Back in Dec 1981 I hosted Frank Miller's very first instore signing party ever. First day Saturday right before Christmas some 4000 FM souls showed up with Frank signing 9 AM till I pulled plug at 9 PM - 12 hours - telling those still in a long line to come back Sunday 10 AM when Frank would pick up on it again.

Up to that point it was the largest attendance "comicon" in the SF Bay Area. The only "outside" advertising I did was send this flyer to the other 60 or so Bay Area comic book stores. Half those guys closed their store on that Saturday before Xmas and came to get some FM comics signed.

For this special event I commissioned Frank to do up a special S&N print which he titled Lily Marlane after a French World War Two resistance fighter. This was the only time (to date) this has ever been published.

After Frank and I pored thru my then near complete Spirit Sunday section collection (I had some 580 out of the 618 made) he drew this in my comics memory book
Post 12 IP   flag post
@BLBcomics WOW! That is an absolutely gorgeous print and that sketch is very cool as well. That's a great story, too. It almost boggles the mind reminiscing about Miller's more humble early career when he's had such a larger-than-life presence in the industry for most of some of our lives
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

No room for him on the front anymore, but plenty on the back! Right in the middle in gold.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Captain_Aspirin Awesome! What book is that? I'd love to see who else you got on the front
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

Well, there is room for smaller signatures. I didn't want to limit the space for Miller. So many people were involved in this book, I plan on adding to it in the future. And someday maybe I'll have the opportunity to add Stephen King and George RR Martin.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user

Joe Rubenstein and Frank Miller and hopefully Sal Buscema as we speak.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Aspirin

Well, there is room for smaller signatures. I didn't want to limit the space for Miller. So many people were involved in this book, I plan on adding to it in the future. And someday maybe I'll have the opportunity to add Stephen King and George RR Martin.

That is beautiful! How many toral signatures are on that? And did you get them all in person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven

Joe Rubenstein and Frank Miller and hopefully Sal Buscema as we speak.

That is really cool! I kind of wish I'd gotten something less cliche for him to sign, though I guess the Robocop book counts. Anyways, there's just so much I'd love to have him sign but it's so expensive to do nowadays, I kind of prioritize the popular atuff first before I move onto the more niche stuff
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector LastRonin private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to get a Miller sketch but that price...
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I cant ever meet Frank Miller. He never comes to Seattle. Does anyone know if Frank Miler is coming to your city your your next convention? I'd like to send books to someone to get signed for me.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Sent this off yesterday to be done at NYCC. After signatures, it'll be graded by CBCS. I put fast pass on this one because I just can't wait to see it. Very excited.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector manwithoutfear private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRonin

Nice. Can't wait to see mine.
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked up a Batman 404 that was signed by Frank Miller and Dick Giordano. The pictures are from the auction.

Post 25 IP   flag post
I always forget about this one:

Post 26 IP   flag post
601338 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?