Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Let’s see those free Promotional comics!5499

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I thought a Neal Adams promo comic would receive comments.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Who published this? It looks like an updated reprint of an EC promo comic.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot about this one. The True Story of Smokey Bear 1969

Post 153 IP   flag post
General Mills Presents Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice, #1 2016

Post 154 IP   flag post
General Mills Presents Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice, #4 2016

Post 155 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I thought a Neal Adams promo comic would receive comments.

Irony at it's finest
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
A reach, but it's free and promotional.

Post 157 IP   flag post

Signed by Angus Young I guess with a little sketch. I can't read the signature, but I assume it was him.
Post 158 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I believe both the Wizard of Light and Reddy Kilowatt comics are listed as 1965 reprints published by Educational Comics (EC).
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Since I cannot afford the originals, I picked these up on ebay. These reprints were originally offered in a toys r us 3 pack 10+ years ago, and they are nearly perfect. Could use a quick press to flatten them out, but that's it.

Pretty sweet they survived such a packaging without spine ticks, creases, blunting or scuff marks.
Post 160 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Since I cannot afford the originals, I picked these up on ebay. These reprints were originally offered in a toys r us 3 pack 10+ years ago, and they are nearly perfect. Could use a quick press to flatten them out, but that's it.

Pretty sweet they survived such a packaging without spine ticks, creases, blunting or scuff marks.

I have the middle one and the original of it. I need to get the left one reprint.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I believe both the Wizard of Light and Reddy Kilowatt comics are listed as 1965 reprints published by Educational Comics (EC).

These are the only ones I know about.

http://comiclist.comuf.com/EC/Reddy_Kilowatt/Reddy_Kilowatt.html
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Presenting...for your entertainment...
The Superman - Tim collection,
....The re-released model kits of Superman, Robin and Batman with books....by Aurora
and not to be forgotten or overlooked..Golden Record copies of
...Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Thor and The Avengers #4.
(and was it Pizza Hut that gave Batman marrying Batwoman on 1 book while another book was a Wonder Woman adventure?)
Were there mini books in super powers figures? Inquiring minds want to collect. I know a copy of ToS #39 was in an action figure version.
Post 163 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this is promotional or if it came with an Action Figure.

mm
Post 164 IP   flag post

Post 165 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought a ton of these promo comics @esaravo showed photos of from him. Thanks, @esaravo for the pleasant transaction and overpackaging! Good person to buy, sell, or trade with on the boards, fellas.
Post 166 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
This was available with the 1994 video game of the same name, in limited quantities. Finding one in high grade is no small feat. As far as promotional comic books go, this one is my favorite. This is my high grade one I may be submitting this year. Just waiting on that pressing option on the submission form...
Post 167 IP   flag post
This is small reprint of the original that came with a DVD evidently.

Post 168 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

This was published by Schwinn in 1949 and 1959. I only have the 1959 edition. Inside features a full color lineup of their new bicycles.
1949 Edition:

Post 169 IP   flag post

Post 170 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
This was available with the 1994 video game of the same name, in limited quantities. Finding one in high grade is no small feat. As far as promotional comic books go, this one is my favorite. This is my high grade one I may be submitting this year. Just waiting on that pressing option on the submission form...

I've loved that cover art since I was little. I spent a while tracking down a copy at a reasonable price but most people wanted $75-$100+ for a F or VF copy. I held out and snagged one with maybe a 1/4" tear along the right edge of the front cover for $35
Post 171 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
AMC released a bunch of promotional art on their website to promote Preacher. One piece of art, by co-creator Steve Dillon, made it onto a promo book

I really wish this homage by cover artist Glenn Fabry had made it onto a reprint

Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if these qualify as promotional comics but these are what I have:

Ultimate Spider-man #54 Columbia Pictures give-away variant:

Dynamic Forces Premier Convention Edition book:

Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user
More of what I have...

X-men #1 to #4 from Pizza Hut:

X-men #1 and #2 mini comics from Pizza Hut:

Post 174 IP   flag post

Post 175 IP   flag post

Post 176 IP   flag post

Post 177 IP   flag post

Post 178 IP   flag post

These KFC Books are crazy expensive and hard to get in high grade!
Post 179 IP   flag post

Post 180 IP   flag post
600726 241 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?