CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Let’s see those free Promotional comics!5499

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user




Post 101 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user




Post 102 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 103 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 104 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The next one has a 50 cents price on its cover, but it was a free throw-ins with purchases.



Post 105 • IP   flag post


I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This one doesn’t have a price on its cover.


Post 106 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I am pretty sure I have more Radio Shack/Tandy promos somewhere. These are in amazing condition.




Post 107 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 108 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 109 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 110 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Burger King promos with prices on their covers, but were free with a Big Kids Meal.


Post 111 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 112 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user




Post 113 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
1969 Version - it won’t fit in a modern comic bag.


Post 114 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh that’s cool
Post 115 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Also 1969 (but fits in a modern comic bag) with Kurt Schaffenberger art. Somehow I ended up with 3 copies.


Post 116 • IP   flag post
Collector Nomad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 117 • IP   flag post
Collector Nomad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 118 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Heroes World Catalog #2 1979


Post 119 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad



Now, that's cool.
Post 120 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51



Was this a freebie? It says $1.00.

Who is it signed by? Cheesasaurus Rex himself?


It was a mail-away offer if I recall correctly.

It is signed by Jim Shooter.
This was gift from someone.
I have an unsigned copy too.

If you want to read the story, here is the script.
http://jimshooter.server275.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/cheesasaurus1-script.pdf
Post 121 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I've seen 2 cheeseasaurus rex comics signed by Shooter. this makes sense. and it's pre-valiant label too, right? I want a raw unsigned copy of this book.


I think the Valiant logo is missing because it's a promo book.

I prefer unsigned. I have one.

Post 122 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Not really a comic book, but color Dilbert cartoons on card stock.
They used to send these with packages ordered from omega.com.


Post 123 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 124 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51



Was this a freebie? It says $1.00.

Who is it signed by? Cheesasaurus Rex himself?


It was a mail-away offer if I recall correctly.

It is signed by Jim Shooter.
This was gift from someone.
I have an unsigned copy too.

If you want to read the story, here is the script.
http://jimshooter.server275.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/cheesasaurus1-script.pdf


Would you like to sell me your unsigned one?

Thanks
Post 125 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
MARVEL CUSTOM EDITION #1 from WILLIAMS-SONOMA.



OO

mm
Post 126 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad



I want this and I can't seem to find it in physical copy, only digital
Post 127 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
My last one

I don't know if this was a free promo or not???

Turtlemania Special #1 1986




Not free, but rare.




By 1986 "Turtlemania" had truly taken off from the humble beginnings two years earlier with TMNT #1 and it's initial first print run of 3,000 copies. This inspired Robert Wilson, owner of Metropolis comics, to create a one-off special with original material generously donated by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman. These comic books contain previews and previously unseen artwork, including a Bob Burdon pull-out poster in the centerfold depicting the TMNT, Flaming Carrot and Cerebus!

http://www.recalledcomics.com/TurtlemaniaSpecial1.php

For what it's worth, I've never seen a gold one. Ever.
Post 128 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
From the PLANTERS PEANUT STORE on the BOARDWALK in ATLANTIC CITY.



OO

mm
Post 129 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I want this and I can't seem to find it in physical copy, only digital


Me either. I called CDC and they couldn't even tell me if there was ever a printed version or not. Like you said, only digital.
https://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombie/novel.htm
Post 130 • IP   flag post
657131 241 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?