Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

My Order Is Going to the Wrong Address5484

Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Mistakes will be made but it is how you address them that makes you different. Right now CBCS doesn't APPEAR to be doing that. If you spend even as little time on these boards as I do you can see their customer service has been rapidly traveling downhill, their service time along with it. Yes there have been claims that they are addressing it but every time I am here the problems persist and new ones have popped up. Not exactly the recipe for success.

It pretty simple either make headway or expect more and more support to be lost. I know I certainly cannot defend a company that doesn't appear to be able to handle their success. I want to but I just can't.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

Regarding the OP's point of a lack of an apology from anyone at CBCS thus far, I think there is a good reason or two for that

First would be legality issues; CBCS would be absorbing blame just by doing so. This could open up a nasty can of worms. Not likely. But a business has to consider the worst possible scenario in any situation occuring and be prepared to deal with it.

Another big issue with apologizing would likely be that doing so would make CBCS appear to be ineffectual and generally incompetent.

They are none of these things.

Of course Ricketts and everyone else at CBCS have empathy for their customers, in such a situation.

That does not change anything, though.

I would have to imagine that CBCS will give the customer a coupon or two for grading a book or two at no charge, after a situation like this gets resolved.

In addition to solving the problem when it arises, as soon as is humanly possible, that is a big part in maintaining working relationships with customers. I am sure that is very important to CBCS.

Man, this isn't the first customer service department I have dealt with. Absorbing blame or not, a simple "we are sorry this happened, we are working on getting the issue resolved for you' goes a LONG way. In fact, this may be the first customer service department I have ever dealt with that didn't at least offer some sort of sympathy toward the given situation. CBCS at one moment had my correct address and two hours later, someone hit the wrong button and my order got shipped elsewhere. They can't at least acknowledge that this is an inconvenience? Legal issues or not, that's poor customer service. I hope they improve, I really do. I do not submit enough to be a major concern for anyone, but I can say that I will not be submitting additional books until I am confident that these issues have been addressed.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rapidly losing faith that I will ever see my books again. FedEx sent the package all the way back to Nashville, TN (approximately where I live) and then immediately sent the order BACK to Las Vegas. I can't be sure this is necessarily CBCS' fault, but I left the frustrated state a long time ago. I have been in contact with CBCS who is going to get the package rerouted...again...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Good grief.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaked6698
Rapidly losing faith that I will ever see my books again. FedEx sent the package all the way back to Nashville, TN (approximately where I live) and then immediately sent the order BACK to Las Vegas. I can't be sure this is necessarily CBCS' fault, but I left the frustrated state a long time ago. I have been in contact with CBCS who is going to get the package rerouted...again...

Updating. I spoke with Jake Fleming. This appears to be a case of my bad luck with the latest rerouting. This is completely on FedEx at the moment. Jake was able to convince FedEx to pull everything off of the truck that was heading back to Las Vegas. I should now be getting my books tomorrow.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Inexcusable. Period. I can't believe it's anyone else's fault.

And to CAK's point of an apology from CBCS making them appear to be ineffectual and generally incompetent; at this point it looks that way anyway, just add apathetic.

This must seem like a horror story, warning collectors on the bubble deciding if they want to slab their comics to think twice.

$
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Updating. I spoke with Jake Fleming. This appears to be a case of my bad luck with the latest rerouting.

Wait, what? This is your fault because of bad luck? I hope you don't really feel this way.

Quote:
This is completely on FedEx at the moment. Jake was able to convince FedEx to pull everything off of the truck that was heading back to Las Vegas. I should now be getting my books tomorrow.

No doubt leaving FedEx thinking, "WTF?"
Post 57 IP   flag post
Okay, rereading this I see that the books remained in FedEx's possession upon their return to TN before being turned around, so it doesn't appear to be total incompetency.
Still...
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Updating. I spoke with Jake Fleming. This appears to be a case of my bad luck with the latest rerouting. This is completely on FedEx at the moment. Jake was able to convince FedEx to pull everything off of the truck that was heading back to Las Vegas. I should now be getting my books tomorrow.

@jaked6698
highly doubt he got fedex to get them off the truck...
Post 59 IP   flag post
@infinityG @MR_SigS I will update you all again tomorrow. As hard as it is for me, I am trying to, one more time, give the benefit of the doubt. If nothing else for the fact that the books did make their way back to Nashville, so I know the original reroute was at least halfway successful.

I have nothing to go on other than Mr. Fleming's word. According to FedEx's website, it shows the truck left Nashville before I caught the latest error, but I cannot confirm that.

@MR_SigS, In regard to your comment about collectors on the bubble, I have a group of friends who were going to get several of their books slabbed. After letting them know the troubles I have encountered, they are all keeping their books raw.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
this whole thing is mind blowing. I had UPSP lose some key silvers a while back and they appeared 30 days later so I got lucky...but this story is something else.

When does management (Fed ex) just get up and do their job . It has to come to a point where a supervisor says "ok..this is out of control...I'm going to spend 20 mins looking up the route...Im going to call the destination office and tell that manger to send for the driver BEFORE anything gets unloaded. He's going to physically find this package and we are going to redirect it to the proper destination address over night at our expense"

Its a pain, but its the right thing to do...CBCS made a mistake..it happens..the rest is just the inability for most corporations to move outside linear action. There are just too many hands in the pot and too many moving pieces with too great a disconnect. Im surprised it doesn't happen more often

I hope you get your books and I hope they are "unharmed"....I don't know CBCS policy, but if ever there was time for a "credit towards next submission" this would be it. Once theres no claim or liability to worry about I guess
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Regarding the OP's point of a lack of an apology from anyone at CBCS thus far, I think there is a good reason or two for that

First would be legality issues; CBCS would be absorbing blame just by doing so. This could open up a nasty can of worms. Not likely. But a business has to consider the worst possible scenario in any situation occuring and be prepared to deal with it.

Another big issue with apologizing would likely be that doing so would make CBCS appear to be ineffectual and generally incompetent.

Of course Ricketts and everyone else at CBCS have empathy for their customers, in such a situation.

I would have to imagine that CBCS will give the customer a coupon or two for grading a book or two at no charge, after a situation like this gets resolved.

In addition to solving the problem when it arises, as soon as is humanly possible, that is a big part in maintaining working relationships with customers. I am sure that is very important to CBCS.

I don't agree with this. There is nothing wrong with apologizing to the customer if the business did not live up to their end in providing the customer with the level of service they were expecting. Apologizing for the "service miss" doesn't mean you're admitting to anything other than owning the problem and acknowledging you didn't meet their expectations. Apologizing for service failures does not mean a company is ineffectual or incompetent. It means they take their customer comments and feedback seriously provided they're being genuine with how they respond top the customer. Ignoring or not acknowledging the concerns of their customers would be very irresponsible for a company to do especially if they're trying to build brand loyalty.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Sorry to derail the thread but I hope you get your books back.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:

I don't agree with this. There is nothing wrong with apologizing to the customer if the business did not live up to their end in providing the customer with the level of service they were expecting. Apologizing for the "service miss" doesn't mean you're admitting to anything other than owning the problem and acknowledging you didn't meet their expectations. Apologizing for service failures does not mean a company is ineffectual or incompetent. It means they take their customer comments and feedback seriously provided they're being genuine with how they respond top the customer. Ignoring or not acknowledging the concerns of their customers would be very irresponsible for a company to do especially if they're trying to build brand loyalty.

Talking for the choir -- look at my posts #39 & #42...tape machine tells the calling customer what info they need to give.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
@CopperAgeKids
There are companies who operate customer service phone lines, all you have to do is hire them to transfer your phone number to theirs after business hours. The company could be in another state, or another country.

And we all know how call centres are exemplars of excellence when it come to customer satisfaction.

A lot of doctors use after hour answering services. They can be different than call centers. They can be practical and helpful..and a lot less than $200,000 a year.

How so?

If the patient has a medical enerfency, the only thing a call service could offer is.....what?

Besides directing the patient to go to a hospital/ER.

They cannot offer medical advice. They would get sued, the doctor could be sued as well.

Same thing WRT a comic book grading company using an answering service.

It would provide no practical solutions nor practical service.

All a call center could say is that we will forward your inquiry to CBCS customer service.

What ever it would cost would be wasted money.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by @CopperAgeKids
How so?

If the patient has a medical enerfency, the only thing a call service could offer is.....what?

Besides directing cthe patient to go to a hospital/ER.
???

How and why do you think answering services continue to work??
When a patient calls them with their problem, the service can call and let the DR know right away of the emergency... be it the regular doctor or the one taking care of emergency calls ...regardless if it's at night or on weekends. Sometimes, a doctor knows about a potential problem, knows the people can't get to/ or don't need to go to the ER, and may be able to send a prescription to them via an all night delivering pharmacy. The problem is worked on. A REAL help.

Hospitals contact doctors this same way to let them know they have one of their patients in emergency and need info about them. Happens every night throughout the country.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Talking for the choir -- look at my posts #39 & #42...tape machine tells the calling customer what info they need to give.

A tape machine? Someone who is upset wants to talk or vent to a real person on the other line who can handle the problem. They don't want to be sent to voice mail.
Post 67 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know about the others reading this thread but I am waiting for the end result before passing judgement. While delays or routing problems are unfortunate the important thing is that the books get to the OP safely. This critical piece of information that we do not yet have is necessary to judge CBCS's performance.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A tape machine? Someone who is upset wants to talk or vent to a real person on the other line who can handle the problem. They don't want to be sent to voice mail.

Agreed on the machine, but if a customer is calling after work hours, the choices seem limited to:
* voice machine
* answering service
* wait until the start of the next work day to call.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I don't know about the others reading this thread but I am waiting for the end result before passing judgement. While delays or routing problems are unfortunate the important thing is that the books get to the OP safely. This critical piece of information that we do not yet have is necessary to judge CBCS's performance.

This is true, but just the thought of my books being subjected to all that extra risk, from all that extra handling (and who knows about any potential frustration from employees involved in "pulling from the truck"- we know they exist) would not be pleasant, no matter the outcome. I'd never look forward to that kind of stress.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Man, this isn't the first customer service department I have dealt with. Absorbing blame or not, a simple "we are sorry this happened, we are working on getting the issue resolved for you' goes a LONG way. In fact, this may be the first customer service department I have ever dealt with that didn't at least offer some sort of sympathy toward the given situation. CBCS at one moment had my correct address and two hours later, someone hit the wrong button and my order got shipped elsewhere. They can't at least acknowledge that this is an inconvenience? Legal issues or not, that's poor customer service. I hope they improve, I really do. I do not submit enough to be a major concern for anyone, but I can say that I will not be submitting additional books until I am confident that these issues have been addressed.

Weather you sub 5 books twice a year or a 1000 books a year is immaterial.

It is how CBCS handles problems like these, when all has been said and done.

I do not know the nature of the conversations you had with CBCS reps that you had. I just think it is hard to believe they acted indifferent and unsympathetic to this shipping issue.

I also think they will likely send you a coupon for a complimentary grading on a book or two, after you get your books.
Post 71 IP   flag post
That is a good question...has anyone here gotten complementary coupons from CBCS after having a major problem with any of their services?
Post 72 IP   flag post
I've heard about discounts on future subs, but I don't recall reading anything about complimentary grading.
Doesn't mean it's not so, of course.

But complimentary grading would be better than a discount for more and better reasons than financial.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
when they first started in 2014, i made a few submissions and receive these yellow coupons with $X.XX amount written in black marker on it to use for future use. i think it was to make up on some discrepancies they had made with pricing. has anyone ever seen those? Not sure if they bother using them at all anymore.

On the outside looking in, it seems this Beckett takeover is messy.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Seems????????
Post 75 IP   flag post
The latest: My order, according to FedEx, landed back in Mount Juliet, TN. This is approximately 12 miles from where I live. It was supposed to be delivered by end of day yesterday. Daniel with CBCS even called me to give me the news. Once my package did NOT arrive, I checked the tracking again. At this point, it read that the package was in Phoenix, AZ. If the tracking information is correct, this order is in a perpetual cycle of traveling from east to west. At this point, I believe my order is lost. If it is not lost, the chances of it arriving unharmed are slim to none. This is a nightmare. On the plus side, it seems as if CBCS is trying to correct the original mistake.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just to put things in perspective, approximately what value do these books have (just a rough guess of what you could reasonably expect to sell them for)?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Just to put things in perspective, approximately what value do these books have (just a rough guess of what you could reasonably expect to sell them for)?

I don't mind telling you which books are involved and the grades the site says they received:

Secret Wars #8-9.8

Uncanny X-Men #101-7.0

New Mutants #98-9.2

Amazing Spider-Man #361-8.0

As far as the value goes, I would hesitate to assign a number. I will let you be the judge.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
The latest: My order, according to FedEx, landed back in Mount Juliet, TN. This is approximately 12 miles from where I live. It was supposed to be delivered by end of day yesterday. Daniel with CBCS even called me to give me the news. Once my package did NOT arrive, I checked the tracking again. At this point, it read that the package was in Phoenix, AZ. If the tracking information is correct, this order is in a perpetual cycle of traveling from east to west. At this point, I believe my order is lost. If it is not lost, the chances of it arriving unharmed are slim to none. This is a nightmare. On the plus side, it seems as if CBCS is trying to correct the original mistake.

At least it's [apparently] still in the continental US.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@jaked6698 So far it appears that CBCS made mistake and is trying to fix the mistake. Your books are common enough that it should be easy to put a value on them (or approximate the cost to obtain substitutes). In the worst case that your books were lost CBCS could still give you fair value or better to make it right.

It is a bit early to panic.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600784 90 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?