Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

My Order Is Going to the Wrong Address5484

Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
The latest: My order, according to FedEx, landed back in Mount Juliet, TN. This is approximately 12 miles from where I live. It was supposed to be delivered by end of day yesterday. Daniel with CBCS even called me to give me the news. Once my package did NOT arrive, I checked the tracking again. At this point, it read that the package was in Phoenix, AZ. If the tracking information is correct, this order is in a perpetual cycle of traveling from east to west. At this point, I believe my order is lost. If it is not lost, the chances of it arriving unharmed are slim to none. This is a nightmare. On the plus side, it seems as if CBCS is trying to correct the original mistake.
Post 76 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just to put things in perspective, approximately what value do these books have (just a rough guess of what you could reasonably expect to sell them for)?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Just to put things in perspective, approximately what value do these books have (just a rough guess of what you could reasonably expect to sell them for)?


I don't mind telling you which books are involved and the grades the site says they received:

Secret Wars #8-9.8

Uncanny X-Men #101-7.0

New Mutants #98-9.2

Amazing Spider-Man #361-8.0

As far as the value goes, I would hesitate to assign a number. I will let you be the judge.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaked6698
The latest: My order, according to FedEx, landed back in Mount Juliet, TN. This is approximately 12 miles from where I live. It was supposed to be delivered by end of day yesterday. Daniel with CBCS even called me to give me the news. Once my package did NOT arrive, I checked the tracking again. At this point, it read that the package was in Phoenix, AZ. If the tracking information is correct, this order is in a perpetual cycle of traveling from east to west. At this point, I believe my order is lost. If it is not lost, the chances of it arriving unharmed are slim to none. This is a nightmare. On the plus side, it seems as if CBCS is trying to correct the original mistake.


At least it's [apparently] still in the continental US.
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@jaked6698 So far it appears that CBCS made mistake and is trying to fix the mistake. Your books are common enough that it should be easy to put a value on them (or approximate the cost to obtain substitutes). In the worst case that your books were lost CBCS could still give you fair value or better to make it right.

It is a bit early to panic.
Post 80 IP   flag post


Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
This reminds me of the episode of The Wire when the longshoreman steal the cop surveillance van and ship it to every port in the US while slapping on the local union sticker to the van. Your books must have touched just about every major FedEx hub.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@jaked6698 So far it appears that CBCS made mistake and is trying to fix the mistake. Your books are common enough that it should be easy to put a value on them (or approximate the cost to obtain substitutes). In the worst case that your books were lost CBCS could still give you fair value or better to make it right.

It is a bit early to panic.


Make no mistake about it, CBCS has been super responsive since the initial issue in which the wrong address was imported. As previously stated, I do not think they have been untruthful in any thing they have told me.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
Update: I finally received my books late yesterday afternoon. Everything was miraculously in good shape.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent! I am glad you got your books and they survived.
Post 84 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaked6698
Update: I finally received my books late yesterday afternoon. Everything was miraculously in good shape.


Glad to hear it all worked out in the end.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Total travel distance? Actual vs. should have been?
Post 86 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Did the package have these kind of travel stickers plastered all over it?

Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Foghorn_Sam - I can hear Johnny Cash singing “I’ve been everywhere.”
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Total travel distance? Actual vs. should have been?


It should have been approximately 728 miles. By my estimate and the landing points, my order traveled 10,678 miles before arriving at my house
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaked6698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Total travel distance? Actual vs. should have been?


It should have been approximately 728 miles. By my estimate and the landing points, my order traveled 10,678 miles before arriving at my house


Hey, look to see if it earned enough frequent travel miles for a trip of your choice.
"On the road again......"
Post 90 IP   flag post
210641 90 15
destitute