Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

Personal grail purchases548

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. I spent years tracking that down. Then more years trying to get him to sign it. Then a year for a frame. It's been a journey .
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Very nice
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@VaComicsGuy Thanks, I've always liked this damsel saving hero cover. Or did she? Lol.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
For movie serial fans there are a variety of interesting collectibles ranging from lobby cards and posters to props and sales kits, but one of the holy grails for most serial collectors is the limited edition Valley of The Cliffhangers, an oversized book privately published by the late Jack Mathis in the mid-1970's.

This gold embossed leatherette bound, fully illustrated volume covers the entire history of Republic Studios serial unit with detailed entrees and synopsis of every production. An amazing labor of love, Mathis's magnificent book is highly prized by serial lovers and exceedingly rare. My copy...

There's a supplement that's also desirable, but less elaborate and much less rare. Both are a prized part of my collection.
Post 104 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
For movie serial fans there are a variety of interesting collectibles ranging from lobby cards and posters to props and sales kits, but one of the holy grails for most serial collectors is the limited edition Valley of The Cliffhangers, an oversized book privately published by the late Jack Mathis in the mid-1970's.

This gold embossed leatherette bound, fully illustrated volume covers the entire history of Republic Studios serial unit with detailed entrees and synopsis of every production. An amazing labor of love, Mathis's magnificent book is highly prized by serial lovers and exceedingly rare. My copy...

There's a supplement that's also desirable, but less elaborate and much less rare. Both are a prized part of my collection.

That's an interesting piece. I collect movie posters and try to get in person autographs so the serial world has crossed into my domain once or twice and I've only HEARD of this book once in 30 years.

Great find
Post 105 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
my holy grail was Avengers 1.when I was in school
the second comic book I bought was Avengers 277 the conclusion to masters of evil taking over Avengers mansion. that book got me hooked on comics.
I use to read the Ross ads in marvel comics and you could buy the first Avengers book.
fast forward to my adult life and my LCS had a Avengers 1 for sale. the owner just wanted their money back and was selling on consignment.It was priced as a VG and only 6 months before the first movie. so I bought it and sent it into cgc

it came back 6.5 offwhite pages
the book I would have loved to have back when I was 14
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Such a hard to find great cover. Congrats!
Post 107 IP   flag post
Came in mail today:

Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinzebac Thanks! Yeah, took a while to finally nab one. Great stuff in your collection as well.
Post 109 IP   flag post

Here's a little bit of Turtles history I picked up this morning... way overpaid for a $2 comic book but eh, it has history behind it I suppose.
Post 110 IP   flag post
597869 110 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?