Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

Personal grail purchases548

Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
My holy grails are Turtles Toys. But, here is Kevin Eastman's personal TMNT #3 Laird Variant Error Copy. Even states "From the Personal Collection of Kevin Eastmen" on the Yellow Label! There are less than 30 known to exist with this grade or higher and this is the only known copy with Eastman's provenance.

can you show a picture of what it is talking about? I don't see it in the Laird Sign.
Post 76 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It's the sign under the T and over the bus.
Post 77 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola

can you show a picture of what it is talking about? I don't see it in the Laird Sign.

I have both.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
What do you think the value on it is?
Post 79 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy Priceless
Post 80 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy

$3000. Firm.
Post 81 IP   flag post
CPG has it at $160. With the rare Eastman "pedigree" who knows, it's a one of a kind.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
CPG has it at $160. With the rare Eastman "pedigree" who knows, it's a one of a kind.

Some things don't have a price guide value...yet. Especially when they are one-of-a-kind. I honestly wouldn't sell it for less than $3000-$5000. It's a piece of history imo.

It's my most treasured TMNT item, that, and my Mint, on card, Shogun Triceraton with purple weapons!
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
...my Mint, on card, Shogun Triceraton with purple weapons!

Oh stop it now, you're killing me! Now you're just bragging.
Post 84 IP   flag post

NOW I'm bragging.

Those are STUPID RIDICULOUS hard toys to track down. Even harder mint on card.

Shogun Triceraton: $700-$800
Shogun Shoate: $400
Scratch: $1400
Hot Spot: $500
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola

I have both.

That's it? That's the "rare" error? Yeah, that's worth it

It is cool that it was his personal copy, tho.
Post 86 IP   flag post
@Stelbert_Stylton The "worth" comes from the fact that only 500 with the messed up blue error ever existed.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Stelbert_Stylton The "worth" comes from the fact that only 500 with the messed up blue error ever existed.

But why is there demand for something so stupid? Because: fanboys.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Cool, I see it now. How one is white and the other is light blue.

When I get home, I will have to check my copy.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Anything rare will always be desirable. TMNT #3 is already a high demand book without the error. It just adds more to the collector's chase if they want to track down an error copy.

Everyone collects differently. I think Pokemon is stupid, but millions of people are obsessed with it.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anything rare will always be desirable. TMNT #3 is already a high demand book without the error. It just adds more to the collector's chase if they want to track down an error copy.

Everyone collects differently. I think Pokemon is stupid, but millions of people are obsessed with it.

Good God, that's the truth. I've never seen so many grown men in my life who played Pokemon when I was in the Navy. They were hardcore about it too.
Post 91 IP   flag post
This Pokémon GO is a huge problem. Lord.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

Good God, that's the truth. I've never seen so many grown men in my life who played Pokemon when I was in the Navy. They were hardcore about it too.

Pokemon "is" stupid. Now, Yu Gi Oh on the other hand kicks butt.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Where's the facepalm emoji?
Post 94 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@DarthLego

That's Alan after reading DC Rebirth # 1. Right after this he pulled all his hair out, and now he looks like Spider Jerusalem.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Oooooooo pretty
Post 98 IP   flag post

Do movie posters count? THAT was NOT cheap imo.
Post 99 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Thanks sir! Nice poster there too.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Thank you. I spent years tracking that down. Then more years trying to get him to sign it. Then a year for a frame. It's been a journey .
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Very nice
Post 102 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy Thanks, I've always liked this damsel saving hero cover. Or did she? Lol.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
For movie serial fans there are a variety of interesting collectibles ranging from lobby cards and posters to props and sales kits, but one of the holy grails for most serial collectors is the limited edition Valley of The Cliffhangers, an oversized book privately published by the late Jack Mathis in the mid-1970's.

This gold embossed leatherette bound, fully illustrated volume covers the entire history of Republic Studios serial unit with detailed entrees and synopsis of every production. An amazing labor of love, Mathis's magnificent book is highly prized by serial lovers and exceedingly rare. My copy...

There's a supplement that's also desirable, but less elaborate and much less rare. Both are a prized part of my collection.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
For movie serial fans there are a variety of interesting collectibles ranging from lobby cards and posters to props and sales kits, but one of the holy grails for most serial collectors is the limited edition Valley of The Cliffhangers, an oversized book privately published by the late Jack Mathis in the mid-1970's.

This gold embossed leatherette bound, fully illustrated volume covers the entire history of Republic Studios serial unit with detailed entrees and synopsis of every production. An amazing labor of love, Mathis's magnificent book is highly prized by serial lovers and exceedingly rare. My copy...

There's a supplement that's also desirable, but less elaborate and much less rare. Both are a prized part of my collection.

That's an interesting piece. I collect movie posters and try to get in person autographs so the serial world has crossed into my domain once or twice and I've only HEARD of this book once in 30 years.

Great find
Post 105 IP   flag post
601347 110 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?