Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

What the cbcs????5476

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Could you elaborate please. Do we go to the hotel room first and get a witness to follow us around all day at the con for submissions or we drop off a stack of books or how does this work? Also, follow up question, why doesn't CBCS have a booth at ECCC anymore? Does this have something to do with CGC? Beckett?

Lmfao that won’t happen.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@NoahSult As my grandmother would say, you are entitled to your erroneous opinion.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm all for tightening up of the program.
So...will the CBCS booth have enough witnesses at said shows that we won't need to hang around there and wait for an AW then go queue up to have our books signed by the creators/artists? Seems like it might be a logistical nightmare.
Especially if you're not going from one artist to the next. If i get an AW then go get a sig, then wander a bit, then go back to the CBCS booth for an AW then get a sig--wash rinse repeat.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclaw97
So...will the CBCS booth have enough witnesses at said shows that we won't need to hang around there and wait for an AW then go queue up to have our books signed by the creators/artists? Seems like it might be a logistical nightmare.
Especially if you're not going from one artist to the next. If i get an AW then go get a sig, then wander a bit, then go back to the CBCS booth for an AW then get a sig--wash rinse repeat.

If you ever worked with the other guys it would work exactly the same way except the CBCS AW would be wearing a different color shirt.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclaw97

If you ever worked with the other guys it would work exactly the same way except the CBCS AW would be wearing a different color shirt.

And you are entitled to yours, but I’m done with this system and you
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Could you elaborate please. Do we go to the hotel room first and get a witness to follow us around all day at the con for submissions or we drop off a stack of books or how does this work? Also, follow up question, why doesn't CBCS have a booth at ECCC anymore? Does this have something to do with CGC? Beckett?

CGC teamed up with Reedpop conventions to be exclusive and keep CBCS out. That means Emerald City Con, NYCC, and the Reedpop one in Chicago. The name fails me at the moment.

Their off campus site at NYCC was actually more convenient than where they used to be in the Javittis Center. You had more space plus a space to go to for a clean free restroom to drop a deuce and not have to wait 8hrs for cosplayers to get out of the stalls.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have a slight problem with CBCS not being able to appear at the con.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:

CGC teamed up with Reedpop conventions to be exclusive and keep CBCS out. That means Emerald City Con, NYCC, and the Reedpop one in Chicago. The name fails me at the moment.

Their off campus site at NYCC was actually more convenient than where they used to be in the Javittis Center. You had more space plus a space to go to for a clean free restroom to drop a deuce and not have to wait 8hrs for cosplayers to get out of the stalls.

That's a monopoly. That's against US antitrust and FCC regulations!

United States antitrust law is a collection of federal and state government laws that regulates the conduct and organization of business corporations, generally to promote fair competition for the benefit of consumers. (The concept is called competition law in other English-speaking countries.)

You guys need a better lawyer.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Oh I’m sorry - antitrust laws only apply to corporations not LLCs.

Both companies are LLCs.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! If CGC has locked up Reedpop events, that's a ton of money in con' submissions.

ECCC (Seattle), NYCC (New York), C2E2 (Chicago), PAX (Boston, San Antonio, Seattle), McM (London, Paris), & Star Wars Celebration (Orlando)...plus all the Asia business.

That's a hard hit to come back from. Between that, and the eternal TAT's, CBCS slabs might end up being a collectors item all their own...
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
sad. Hopefully, CBCS takes a look at where they want to go as a company in the future. PLEASE DONT CHANGE CBCS! PLEASE!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Oh I’m sorry - antitrust laws only apply to corporations not LLCs.

Both companies are LLCs.

There is also the issue of branding which doesn't violate anti-trust laws. You go to most professional sports events and they serve one brand of beer. A companies name may well be on the Stadium.

CBCS is free to pursue exclusive arrangements at other comic conventions if they choose.

I'm not saying I like the comic convention scene going in that direction. Comic convention promoters should be thinking of fans first. And fans would - for the most part - like seeing both grading companies present. But it doesn't seem to be anything that crosses a legal line.

IMHO, it is a mistake by CGC. This exclusive arrangement with Reedpop had to cost CGC money. It seems likely CGC looses money on this deal. Are they actually going to take in enough extra submissions to make up what the exclusive arrangement cost them? I'd have to see the numbers to believe it. Until proven otherwise, I think CGC is loosing money on this deal and views the expense as an advertising cost. But is this advertising a positive image of CGC??
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Also, please keep VSP!
Post 38 IP   flag post
This reminds me, I wish Ruffles potato chips would come with just the burnt chips as an option.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This reminds me, I wish Ruffles potato chips would come with just the burnt chips as an option.

My ruffles has ridges!!!!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 41 IP   flag post
597993 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?