Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Raw Black venom lethal protector5458

Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Hello. I happen to own a raw venom black cover. I can remember how I ordered two copies of this book(specifically for the red foil) and getting one black copy & one red copy and trying to hock the black one off for years when I was in middle school lol nobody wanted it..so I still own it!
What do you think it could be graded/worth at today ? Spine has a few bends and top right corner creased.. I read it heavily as a child and I think my baby sister got a hold of it and flipped thru it once..
Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh wow brah you kicked the doors down like Captain America with showing that comic as part of your introduction. Welcome to the forum. And yes, the comic is super valuable.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks kapt.! I appreciate the kind words!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Press it, my good man. Press it and send it!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sorry what’s that mean I’ve been outta the game for a decade or better
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
The chart is the two year sales average for that book from 9.2 to 9.8 grade.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Oh, the press comment? It's a process you can pay for that presses out minor defects that can increase the book's grade & value.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like we have a Unicorn.Way to go man.
Post 9 IP   flag post
That is a good score, for sure. Can u take better/more photos of the book in the daytime light? I'd like to see more. We can at least access some sort of grade for the book.
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
I give it a 6.0-7.0 with all the dings. No tears or cutouts? Unfortunately, a press would not benefit much, still revealing all those color and line breaks.

Could yet still be a $400-$500 book easily due to rarity.
Post 12 IP   flag post
That's what I was thinking.

At least 5 color breaks, lightly blunted corners & a few wrinkles that would press out.

What do you think, @kaptainmyke?

Are those divots under Venom's logo on his chest part of the design? I can't tell.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
same here 6.0 or 7.0 i dont think it will be higher then a 7.0
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
That's what I was thinking.

At least 5 color breaks, lightly blunted corners & a few wrinkles that would press out.

What do you think, @kaptainmyke?

Are those divots under Venom's logo on his chest part of the design? I can't tell.

That's not part of the design. Looks like a scratch.
Post 15 IP   flag post
check out mah gold brah

Post 16 IP   flag post

check out that killer Bagley pinup brahs
Post 17 IP   flag post
Kicking myself for selling my CGC 9.4 Gold edition. Back when I had convinced myself I would not buy moderns anymore. 🙄
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the input, sirs. Where do I start if I would like to have it pressed and graded then encase it like someone suggested above? About how much will I spend for this process? And will it benefit the value positively?
Post 19 IP   flag post
It can cost $10-$20 to press a book. Grading can cost $50 after shipping and depending on the tier chosen. I do not think pressing would help. I would keep it raw if I were you. I have a corner ding on the back of mine as you can see in the photo above look to the bottom right corner. It's not worth grading to me. I already tried messing with it but the foil cover and the thick cardboard cover show any white crease lines that you cannot press out. Enjoy it raw and maybe one day offer it to auction on ebay if you ever wanted to sell it. Could most likely sell for $500 at open auction if you needed the cash.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thanks for the quick reply kaptainmyke!
Good suggestion on leaving it alone. I may part with it for the right price.. definitely thinking about it. Wonder how good that Venom movie is gonna be?
#hypebeast
Post 21 IP   flag post
Wait for the movie
Post 22 IP   flag post
597889 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?