Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

A Conan series is in Development At Amazon5456

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this description from Sideshow:

"Amazon Studios is currently developing a Conan the Barbarian series, based on the classic books by Robert E. Howard. The series is written by Ryan Condal, with cinematography by Miguel Sapochnik, who directed some of the most critically-acclaimed battle sequences in Game of Thrones."

Source: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/geek/geek-headlines-february-7th-2018/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
sweet..just picked up my first conan book last week
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I for one would totally dig seeing new Zena/Hercules type series.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
If it's not connected to MARVEL, it's gonna be interesting to see what they do with that if they want to do movies.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I would love a well written Conan based on REH stories. So far I’ve been disappointed by everything I’ve seen them put out for Conan. As far as I am concerned all the Conan movies have sucked. He’s my favorite character and none of them have been any good. I am ever hopeful but not expecting much.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@DavidM I wouldn't go so far as to say they both sucked. I even enjoyed the first one with Arnold.

However, I do very much agree that I'd love to see a Conan movie based on one of the great REH stories. Can you imagine Red Nails, People of the Black Circle or A Witch Shall Be Born brought to the big screen?

As for an ongoing TV series I'm not so sure. I think that maybe it would be better served to fill out portions of Conan's adventures that REH set up but there was a lot of time in-between. Maybe base it on the periods of time where Conan served as a mercenary or his time with Belit
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Opening sequence...Arnie as an Old King Conan starts to recount his tales....voice over part of the opening story then fades away and past is now present with no narrator..
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Opening sequence...Arnie as an Old King Conan starts to recount his tales....voice over part of the opening story then fades away and past is now present with no narrator..

You're making me all tingly...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Just got a 9.6 on my Savage tales 1 (which has not survived mailing back yet) that I got for $150 on a buy it now, so more good news. Now you need a buff actor who comes across as cunning, not particularly intelligent.
I say Rob Gronkowski!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Back in the '70s I read all Conan paperbacks written by REH. Conan was a strategist, a leader, he was a King.

In the movies (not Arnold's fault), Conan was portrayed as a muscle bound oaf with the IQ of an okra seed. An insult to REH's Conan.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Just got a 9.6 on my Savage tales 1 (which has not survived mailing back yet) that I got for $150 on a buy it now, so more good news. Now you need a buff actor who comes across as cunning, not particularly intelligent.
I say Rob Gronkowski!

I got a Savage Sword of Conan #1 couple weeks ago. Awesome Mag!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Well done! Mine got a 9.0. But my famous monsters of filmland 53 got a 9.8. All three go on my wall when I get them.
I noticed the Savage Sword auctions tonight went higher than usual, now I suspect why
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
@DavidM I wouldn't go so far as to say they both sucked. I even enjoyed the first one with Arnold.

However, I do very much agree that I'd love to see a Conan movie based on one of the great REH stories. Can you imagine Red Nails, People of the Black Circle or A Witch Shall Be Born brought to the big screen?

As for an ongoing TV series I'm not so sure. I think that maybe it would be better served to fill out portions of Conan's adventures that REH set up but there was a lot of time in-between. Maybe base it on the periods of time where Conan served as a mercenary or his time with Belit

I would love to see those done well, like the first season of Game of Thrones. My favorite REH story is Beyond the Black River, even though most don't rate that story very highly.

I have a nearly complete run of SS of Conan, Conan the Barbarian, and some of the pulps, though the condition varies. I have my Conan the Barbarian signed by BWS, even though it's about a 3.0. One day I'll get some graded.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600824 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?