Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Deadpool 2 Trailer5451

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sold but - let's be honest - I already was!
This looks great

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I can't wait!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just going to leave this here


Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Have to admit, THAT was One of the best fan film trailers I have EVER seen!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome...but WAIT

Domino is black?
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh god here we go again with Domino. Are you serious?
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I'm just going to leave this here




Who is that little man from the packers behind C and D
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
That is Shatterstar
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the Summer movies are going to be drawing alot out of my pocket this year!

:o)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Was so glad to finally have a real trailer! Might sell my NM87 now ๐Ÿค”
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
Was so glad to finally have a real trailer! Might sell my NM87 now ๐Ÿค”


If the movie is a joyless cash grab like Men in Black II yet wildly successful you'll be sorry for selling it!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I am not sure I can ever sell my graded NM87 or NM98...unless I need the cash....just staring at those books brings me joy lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Count me in on seeing this.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
That is Shatterstar


First appearance is New Mutants Annual #6

Get em while theyโ€™re still cheap!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
That is Shatterstar


First appearance is New Mutants Annual #6

Get em while theyโ€™re still cheap!


Since he appears only in a pin-up and not in the story, is it still considered his first appearance? NM #99 is his first cameo in a story and #100 is his first full appearance. Which one of these three will be the "hot" book? NM Annual #6 is more of an advertisement than anything.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontchimuz
Awesome...but WAIT

Domino is black?


That's not Domino. That's SJW Domino.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I'd hang onto the NM87...a movie shouldn't cause a decrease.

IMO
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
That is Shatterstar


First appearance is New Mutants Annual #6

Get em while theyโ€™re still cheap!


Since he appears only in a pin-up and not in the story, is it still considered his first appearance? NM #99 is his first cameo in a story and #100 is his first full appearance. Which one of these three will be the "hot" book? NM Annual #6 is more of an advertisement than anything.


CGC labels Annual #6 as the 1st app. Nothing about SS on 99 or 100

CBCS notes Shatterstar joins xforce on #100. Cant find any cbcs Annual 6s to see that label tho.

My bet is the masses follow the labels.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer Thanks for the info. It seems crazy that a pin-up is considered a first appearance for Shatterstar, but Hulk #180 is a cameo for Wolverine. I'm not sure if I'll ever figure out how some books become first appearances while others are the lesser sought after first cameos. ๐Ÿ˜… Thanks again.
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@shrewbeer Thanks for the info. It seems crazy that a pin-up is considered a first appearance for Shatterstar, but Hulk #180 is a cameo for Wolverine. I'm not sure if I'll ever figure out how some books become first appearances while others are the lesser sought after first cameos. ๐Ÿ˜… Thanks again.


Bottom line is you are correct, 99 or 100 should be it imo. But, who the hell knows what the definition of first appearance actually is. Sometimes we use a shadow. Sometimes we wait for a full cover splash. Itโ€™s maddening ๐Ÿคฎ
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@shrewbeer Thanks for the info. It seems crazy that a pin-up is considered a first appearance for Shatterstar, but Hulk #180 is a cameo for Wolverine. I'm not sure if I'll ever figure out how some books become first appearances while others are the lesser sought after first cameos. ๐Ÿ˜… Thanks again.


I think if one has the character in the cover (or a more attractive cover) it's going to get favored over the other. usually that's the full appearance, not the cameo. Rarity may also play a factor. Similar to the Teen Titans 12 vs Metal #2. Can't think of other examples at the moment. Will look to see is Shaterstar is in any of these covers...I'm favoring NM 100 because I have that issue, though!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If I'm going to pay $50 for a raw 9.2 book, I might as well splurge and get the 9.6 w/white pages for $150 shipped. I'd probably jump on it if eBay would offer one of those 20% off coupons again...its been a long while since I've seen that or their $15 off a $75 purchase....waiting.

What do you think about infinity gauntlet #1? I have a 9.8 copy I bought a year ago to flip whe the hype started up...looks to be selling for nearly double what I paid. I also have a signed 9.4 which I actually like better because it's in silver ink.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
If I'm going to pay $50 for a raw 9.2 book, I might as well splurge and get the 9.6 w/white pages for $150 shipped. I'd probably jump on it if eBay would offer one of those 20% off coupons again...its been a long while since I've seen that or their $15 off a $75 purchase....waiting.

What do you think about infinity gauntlet #1? I have a 9.8 copy I bought a year ago to flip whe the hype started up...looks to be selling for nearly double what I paid. I also have a signed 9.4 which I actually like better because it's in silver ink.


I sold a 9.4 x2 signed ASP for $75.00 not too long ago.....I probably sould have waited, but hey, some one is happy with it.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Just got one, thanks
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontchimuz
Yeah I am not sure I can ever sell my graded NM87 or NM98...unless I need the cash....just staring at those books brings me joy lol


not to say that price will go up on these books
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@shrewbeer Thanks for the info. It seems crazy that a pin-up is considered a first appearance for Shatterstar, but Hulk #180 is a cameo for Wolverine. I'm not sure if I'll ever figure out how some books become first appearances while others are the lesser sought after first cameos. ๐Ÿ˜… Thanks again.


I find it strange as well. What I consider along those same lines is that Deadpool is in a "file" in the back of X-Force #1 but that's not considered his 2nd appearance
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
What are we to do about all these "new" DC superheroes?

Damage. Mr Terrific. ETc. Every one of these new heroes had a preview in all the other January DC books. IE I read HJGL, Supes, Action, SG, BTMNT, and those books had several pages of preview of the Damage #1, Terrifics #1, etc.

So.. Damage #1 is not the first appearance of Hulk. Terrifics #1 is not the first appearance of Mr Fantastic. The first several pages of the books were printed early in other DC comics. (see what I did there )
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
What are we to do about all these "new" DC superheroes?

Damage. Mr Terrific. ETc. Every one of these new heroes had a preview in all the other January DC books. IE I read HJGL, Supes, Action, SG, BTMNT, and those books had several pages of preview of the Damage #1, Terrifics #1, etc.

So.. Damage #1 is not the first appearance of Hulk. Terrifics #1 is not the first appearance of Mr Fantastic. The first several pages of the books were printed early in other DC comics. (see what I did there )
DC has been doing this for years. They introduce a new character in an established book and then continue the story in bk #1. They may have done it in a bk given out on free comic's day.
Just get 2 bks where a new character is introduced and hope it lasts.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I find it strange as well. What I consider along those same lines is that Deadpool is in a "file" in the back of X-Force #1 but that's not considered his 2nd appearance


That's an excellent point and excellent example. And Mystique appears in blue form in one panel of Ms. Marvel #18, yet that is her first full appearance.

Your example of X-Force #2 is better though along with NM Annual #6 pin-up being Shatterstar's first. Oh well. ๐Ÿ™ƒ Upside down happy face to display my confusion. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 30 IP   flag post
194013 50 30
destitute