Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Deadpool 2 Trailer5451

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontchimuz
Yeah I am not sure I can ever sell my graded NM87 or NM98...unless I need the cash....just staring at those books brings me joy lol

not to say that price will go up on these books
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@shrewbeer Thanks for the info. It seems crazy that a pin-up is considered a first appearance for Shatterstar, but Hulk #180 is a cameo for Wolverine. I'm not sure if I'll ever figure out how some books become first appearances while others are the lesser sought after first cameos. 😅 Thanks again.

I find it strange as well. What I consider along those same lines is that Deadpool is in a "file" in the back of X-Force #1 but that's not considered his 2nd appearance
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
What are we to do about all these "new" DC superheroes?

Damage. Mr Terrific. ETc. Every one of these new heroes had a preview in all the other January DC books. IE I read HJGL, Supes, Action, SG, BTMNT, and those books had several pages of preview of the Damage #1, Terrifics #1, etc.

So.. Damage #1 is not the first appearance of Hulk. Terrifics #1 is not the first appearance of Mr Fantastic. The first several pages of the books were printed early in other DC comics. (see what I did there )
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
What are we to do about all these "new" DC superheroes?

Damage. Mr Terrific. ETc. Every one of these new heroes had a preview in all the other January DC books. IE I read HJGL, Supes, Action, SG, BTMNT, and those books had several pages of preview of the Damage #1, Terrifics #1, etc.

So.. Damage #1 is not the first appearance of Hulk. Terrifics #1 is not the first appearance of Mr Fantastic. The first several pages of the books were printed early in other DC comics. (see what I did there )
DC has been doing this for years. They introduce a new character in an established book and then continue the story in bk #1. They may have done it in a bk given out on free comic's day.
Just get 2 bks where a new character is introduced and hope it lasts.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I find it strange as well. What I consider along those same lines is that Deadpool is in a "file" in the back of X-Force #1 but that's not considered his 2nd appearance

That's an excellent point and excellent example. And Mystique appears in blue form in one panel of Ms. Marvel #18, yet that is her first full appearance.

Your example of X-Force #2 is better though along with NM Annual #6 pin-up being Shatterstar's first. Oh well. 🙃 Upside down happy face to display my confusion. 😂
Post 30 IP   flag post

Annual #6s are selling like hotcakes on ebay right now, as of 2/7 there are handfuls of sales per day. before that date the sale rate is about one per week.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
My first appearance was when I was born. My parents do not have an ultrasound image of me in the womb. Go figure. I guess it was just a cameo.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Wellllll ... you're forgetting this issue @Kaptainmyke

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
So, if a character like Scarlet Witch has a dream warning her of new character "X" is coming as a threat, that is a valid first appearance?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Annual #6s are selling like hotcakes on ebay right now, as of 2/7 there are handfuls of sales per day. before that date the sale rate is about one per week.

It'll probably cool off after the movie has been out for a while. Shatterstar isn't really super popular.

But here is what all the fuss is about:

Post 35 IP   flag post
Yep. Horrible Liefeld art.

Everyone is super skinny yet somehow super muscular at the same time

Although, it does take me back looking at it. Good times.
Post 36 IP   flag post

Let's play "Name Those Characters"
Post 37 IP   flag post
1. Domino
2. Zeitgeist (Wish it were Fantomex)
3. Deadpool
4. ShatterStar
5. This one is tricky: G.W. Bridge, Hammer (If he's Hammer that'd make my Zeitgeist choice Anvil) or Anarchist?
Post 38 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Domino looks kinda hot tho I have to admit. Diggin' that hair too.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
1. Domino
2. Zeitgeist (Wish it were Fantomex)
3. Deadpool
4. ShatterStar
5. This one is tricky: G.W. Bridge, Hammer (If he's Hammer that'd make my Zeitgeist choice Anvil) or Anarchist?

So, #5 is now officially Bedlam.

This looks to be Surge:

And "Peter" Speculation is that it is "Wisdom", a British MI-6 Agent named Peter from Excalibur

Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Deadpool 2: Final Trailer. In theaters May 18.

Post 41 IP   flag post
Poor Peter, lol. Domino looks freaking HOT. (Still hate she don't look like Domino. But she's a hot domino.)
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Poor Peter, lol. Domino looks freaking HOT. (Still hate she don't look like Domino. But she's a hot domino.)

Zazie Beetz (Domino) is definitely a hottie. I love seeing her in Atlanta (the show, not the city, even though I live in Atlanta).
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
"....so dark...you sure you aren't from the DC universe?"....

This line alone has me dying to see this cut.

Looks fun!

4 stars already....
Post 44 IP   flag post
So that kid ... his name is "Hot Stuff"
Post 45 IP   flag post
Who else is seeing it this week?
Post 46 IP   flag post
...and just in case you haven't seen the latest trailer....

This must be the "Final-Final Trailer"....*smiles*....

https://youtu.be/uxbQATBAXf8

Have fun.....and don't forget to wash your hands, okay?

Safety first!!

Post 47 IP   flag post
I put up a very brief, non-spoiler review this morning. There is so much I want to say about the movie but I respect the "No Spoilers"!

Post 48 IP   flag post
...and just when you thought the variant scheme was a way to grab money....Wal-Mart and Marvel found another way to push the variants....but now.....with movie titles.

".....looks like Walmart is jumping on the Deadpool 2 band wagon. This is a picture of a promo they're running for the movie https://i.redd.it/xr22go78l1y01.jpg "
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Woot-woot....just find a rock solid 9.8 candidate of Excalibur 86 (1st Pete Wisdon, direct edition with card insert) while gong thru my boxes trying to find a book that I sold on ebay a few days back...haven't found the sold book yet, but I did find this 'lil guy.

Also found a few X-Force 116's...all 9.6/9.8 candidates.
1st Zeitgest and 1st Doop.

I haven't seen Deadpool 2 yet.

Can anyone LMK if Zeitgest and Pete W were portrayed in Deadpool 2 as members of X-Force?
Post 50 IP   flag post
597869 50 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?