Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPComics Restoration and Conservation

CGC unrestored to CBCS restored!5447

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Pics or it didn’t happen
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I feel like this is fake story now. 😐 no reason not to post pics.
Post 52 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
If I had a book whic lost 20k or more in value o/n and I have disclosed that I have a couple of mid grade AF 15s don’t think I would show pictures either
Post 54 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Why not? It's a photo. Not incriminating evidence of a crime or disclosing anyone's personal details. Heck, you could even blur out the slab#s if you really wanna feel warm and fuzzy about tit.
Post 55 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Why not? It's a photo. Not incriminating evidence of a crime or disclosing anyone's personal details. Heck, you could even blur out the slab#s if you really wanna feel warm and fuzzy about tit.

Ha Ha You said "tit".

What's on your mind today?
Post 56 IP   flag post
I always say tit when typing t( "it" ). Why not? It's funny.
Post 57 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I always say tit when typing t( "it" ). Why not? It's funny.

( . ) ( . )? what?
Post 58 IP   flag post
( o )( o )

I prefer a larger cup
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
( o )( o )

I prefer a larger cup

Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's so stupid and shows so much ignorance when people say Pics or it didn't happen...
Post 61 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCBE
I think it's so stupid and shows so much ignorance when people say Pics or it didn't happen...

I dont know....i can understand it that when a new poster has no backup or proof it is very hard to take them at their word. Im an accountant...my whole life is proof or backup...if i dont have it there are financial implications for the company i work for...not just hurt feelings on a message board
Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Serial numbers on slabs are just as good as pictures. When someone refuses to provide either one it gets mighty suspicious. Doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to type in a number... I don’t think it’s ignorant that people don’t want to discuss an issue that could be just a fabrication

That said, there have been times when someone has and gives a legit reason for not wanting to post the evidence. Like actually legit. Not “because I don’t wanna”

I’m assuming we are talking about your locked thread. I believe the OP of this thread had at least some reason for not wanting to share ( extremely valuable book)
Post 63 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Lately I have been hearing quite a few reports of folks cleaning their books with liquid solutions. One guy even had the balls (or idiocy) to call it a "liquid dry cleaning solution". Really? A liquid that is dry? 'tis magic!

Actually, that's exactly what dry cleaning is ... using a liquid that is dry. "Dry" just means: without water; it doesn't mean "without liquid." There are lots of liquids that don't have water in them.

What did you think your local dry cleaner did, anyway? Rub your clothes with an eraser? :-)
Post 64 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Serial numbers on slabs are just as good as pictures. When someone refuses to provide either one it gets mighty suspicious. Doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to type in a number... I don’t think it’s ignorant that people don’t want to discuss an issue that could be just a fabrication

That said, there have been times when someone has and gives a legit reason for not wanting to post the evidence. Like actually legit. Not “because I don’t wanna”

I’m assuming we are talking about your locked thread. I believe the OP of this thread had at least some reason for not wanting to share ( extremely valuable book)

The book being downgraded, and now having the sigma of "restoration" hanging over it thus making it harder to stick somebody else with the book without losing the value the downgrade has cost him. Does that about sum up the reason for not disclosing pics of the book?

I seem to be on the side of...................PICS or it didn't happen
Post 65 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

What is so stupid about requesting substantiation?
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
With something like this, pics would certainly help us see what exactly we're talking about. I'd certainly like to see the book in question.

Maybe it's the phrasing and tone of "pics or it didn't happen"? It does sound accusatory. But it's usually said playfully. And this is the internet afterall.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector JAMESC private msg quote post Address this user
You guys got me ... i made the whole thing up ... I just wanted some attention
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Sad
Post 69 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
With something like this, pics would certainly help us see what exactly we're talking about. I'd certainly like to see the book in question.

Maybe it's the phrasing and tone of "pics or it didn't happen"? It does sound accusatory. But it's usually said playfully. And this is the internet afterall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESC
You guys got me ... i made the whole thing up ... I just wanted some attention

Agreed mostly with @00slim. It usually translates to “pics cause its irritating you wont provide them”, as is the case for me in this thread.

In the case of @VCBE , yes, I flat out dont believe the story is true. Claiming to have evidence that the major grading companies are falsely inflating grades for big dealers is a serious accusation, then failing to provide said data is ridiculous. Hence the thread lock.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
In the case of @VCBE , yes, I flat out dont believe the story is true. Claiming to have evidence that the major grading companies are falsely inflating grades for big dealers is a serious accusation, then failing to provide said data is ridiculous. Hence the thread lock.

Wait, where was this? A different thread maybe?
Post 71 IP   flag post
596798 71 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?