Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureQuestions

Can any body help me id this?5443

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
Hello again. I find that I cannot even find an image of this online anywhere. and I am hopeful that the fine folks here can help me Identify this and give me some history maybe. this is from 1972 I think. due to the copyright on the bottom. passed down from my dad along with 3 others that are similar to this. thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a picture?
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ComixPop private msg quote post Address this user
Mr. Magoo
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
yes, old man Magoo
clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam

LOL
Post 6 IP   flag post
the pic was there then apparently it went poof when I posted. will redo I hope
Post 7 IP   flag post
and har har guys
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
This is the cover-wrap for DC 100 PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR 13 from 1972.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
Is it signed or certified
Post 10 IP   flag post
I know it is the cover but what is the print or poster. I cannot find info on if it was a consumer thing or if it was just to stores. no image or info that I could find. reached out to DC comics (I think) and no answer yet. just wondering if this was a signage type thing distributed to stores only to advertise or if this was something that customers could buy off the shelf as it were. not signed that I could see and not sure if I want to take it out of the frame to look. but if I can find out the artist and such for this that would be helpful too. and it is on heavy paper like fiber board almost.
Post 11 IP   flag post
oh yes it is also 26" by 20" if this helps
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
I know it is the cover but what is the print or poster. I cannot find info on if it was a consumer thing or if it was just to stores. no image or info that I could find. reached out to DC comics (I think) and no answer yet. just wondering if this was a signage type thing distributed to stores only to advertise or if this was something that customers could buy off the shelf as it were. not signed that I could see and not sure if I want to take it out of the frame to look. but if I can find out the artist and such for this that would be helpful too. and it is on heavy paper like fiber board almost.

Neal Adams cover artist.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I can't find anything. Here is an image of the cover as originally published.

Post 14 IP   flag post
thanks all. looks like you found pretty much what I did. great comic cover but not a thing about this print/poster that I have. and I figured everyone out on the cover except the big guy and the one directly under him I the top left corner of the cover.
Post 15 IP   flag post
and I probably will get it signed since I will be seeing neal adams at planet comicon next weekend. and maybe there wil be something on the back of it. who knows this seems like a rare poster since I can find no evidence of it existing. other than I own it. lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Heritage sold one in a lot. Anyone have an account with them? It could at least give a hint as to its value.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/comic-related/superman-and-action-comics-posters-group-of-2-dc-1972-1973-two-vintage-black-and-white-posters-from-dc-comics-the-firs-total-2-items-item-/a/15021-16482.s
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
the paypal and Ebay are dying
y y no more paypal purchase on ebay in 2020
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Per Heritage: "Superman and Action Comics Posters, Group of 2 (DC, 1972-1973). Two vintage black and white posters from DC Comics; the first poster is taken from the cover of Superman #252, featuring the world's greatest flying heroes, by Neal Adams, the second poster is taken from the cover of Action Comics #425, with art by Nick Cardy. Both posters measure 20" x 26" and are in Excellent condition." Both posters sold for $19 including the buyer's premium.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Well, there you go. However, if I'm reading it correctly, that was in 2005. I'd say that poster is worth at least $30 today. At least, I wouldn't sell it for less than that if it were mine.
Post 20 IP   flag post
thank you. that is my thought too. and mine are in better shape. and all framed.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
and I probably will get it signed since I will be seeing neal adams at planet comicon next weekend. and maybe there wil be something on the back of it. who knows this seems like a rare poster since I can find no evidence of it existing. other than I own it. lol
I'll be working at the CBCS booth at Plant Comicon, stop by and say "hello" if you have time.
Post 22 IP   flag post
598060 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?