Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

My almost worthless trimmed books5432

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

I have about 50 of these mid 50’s books complete, and about 30 with partial pages. The guy who made the homemade Web of Evil 12 cover liked to cut up comics and make his own. I wound up with the pile and decided to put as many back together that I could.
Just a novelty item, but it was fun to figure out what stories went into which books. I have too much time on my hands.
He sliced the pages nice and clean at least.
They are one of a kind, or aren’t they?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, this is the kind of stuff I LOVE!!! Part of me cringes at the thought of someone cutting them up. But a bigger part thinks it is totally awesome that you pieced them back together and even left the homemade cover!! I think they are cool!! However, I've always been crazy, but its' kept me from going insane!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, they might not be super valuable, but they are pretty cool and unique in their own way. And if they are complete, you can consider them as readers copies with an interesting history.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
Hey if you want I’ll take that doll man 37 off your hands, I just think that cover is kind of cool, PM me
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Books like Phantom Witch Doctor and Doll Man 37 are far from "near worthless", even if they are imcomplete.

GGA/bondage/pre-existing horror covers are always in demand.

Hell, I'd buy those 2 books off you anytime.

The rest are definitely fun reads.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Those are some very nice book!! Are any worth restoring and are you having any restored?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
The good thing is that you could put these in picture frames and display them on the wall of your office or man cave without worrying too much about them getting messed up by sunlight, etc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Novelty, sure, but even more so if these were not reprinted yet.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Here is another example of trimmed 50’s books of which I have about 30 which must be more common. An inch or so trimmed off the margins, and brown paper tape added to the spine, even though the staples are intact and the spines appear fine. Still good reads
Post 9 IP   flag post
601267 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?