Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPGrading Help Needed

Yvonne Craig Signed Comic Detached Cover5396

Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! What are your thoughts on the grade of this book? It is signed by Yvonne Craig. The cover is completely detached, it has a large color breaking crease down the center, and a color breaking crease at the bottom right corner. For whatever reason, it has been abused hardcore since the 90's. What the highest grade that you think this could get? I think I read somewhere that the highest grade a book with a detached cover can get is like a 3.0. Not sure if that is accurate though.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Im not sure, but between 2.0-3.0 seems about right.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This book is a 1.5 at best. I think I've seen a cgc book that was detached cover but otherwise pretty mint and it was graded at a 3.5. I do not remember the book however, sorry.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I think probably better than 1.5. There's a member here with a detached cover Hulk #1, & if I remember correctly, the cover was kinda rough. It got a CBCS 1.8.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Not too valuable but it is cool. Just an idea. Cut out the good part with the logo, Batgirl, and her signature and frame it. It will possibly have more eye appeal that way.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
I don't own it, just saw it for sale and was curious what a book like that would grade at. It is a shame that it isn't in better condition. Cool signature though!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
With situations like this, it's more of a signature collectible than a comic book collectible.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Highest grade would be a 4.0.

It would probably grade out around a 3.0.
Post 8 IP   flag post
597989 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?