Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies Television

DC Comics Advertising on TV5393

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Was just watching The Fifth Element on SyFy (Bruce Willis with hair, and it’s blonde!) and there was a commercial for DC comics. Not TV shows with their characters, but to actually buy comics. Never saw that before. Anyone else see the commercial? Do you think Marvel and others will follow suite? Are they being proactive or reactive?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I don't recall EVER seeing a comic book commercial on TV. Lots of news stories and a few documentaries. But never an actual commercial advertising comic books.

That would be interesting to see. I wonder if it is available on youtube?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
I did see that commercial, @esaravo, History channel maybe. With all the movies and what-not, don’t think Marvel really feels the need for commercials. This #1000 hype is givin me flashbacks of the death of Superman.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Was this it?

https://ispot.tv/a/wXTV
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Was this it?

https://ispot.tv/a/wXTV

I think so, but that might be a slightly shorter version. Definitely not showing Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman, but a new bunch of heroes (that I never heard of).
Post 5 IP   flag post
Think I saw a different one, maybe, things appear differently through hippie haze😄
Post 6 IP   flag post
@RexMuff - You would get along great with one of my fishing buddies. He named his boat “Wake and Bake.”
Post 7 IP   flag post
That’s awesome, @esaravo, I named mine “Giggity”🍺
Post 8 IP   flag post
597906 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?