Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
December 15th, that was the last update we have had on current Turn Around Times at CBCS. Will they ever update them or have they turned a blind eye on them? I'm thinking based on the responses they receive when they have posted TAT updates that they have decided against informing customers of said times in order to avoid the backlash of angry customers who are pulling their hairs out when hearing they have to wait 17 weeks to get back their books. I personally don't mind those extended times as I usually get my books when travelling to a con in the USA which happens once a year but aside from that I am eager to learn what grade the books were assigned.

I am in favor of using CBCS over CGC but a lot of vendors that were using CBCS/CGC on a similar ratio have now turned to CGC exclusively because customers cannot wait that long for CBCS books to get back.

I am curious to know what has happened since Beckett purchased CBCS because frankly I have yet to see one positive aspect of the merger/acquisition or whatever you might call it. And I hate hearing that great things are coming in my experience it is better to learn first hand about positive changes instead of imagining them, soon is a word loosely used by CBCS and not in accordance to the Webster definition of the word.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
#soon=later, but as always they put things up coming, and then it's like when. As far TAT I think they should keep customers informed, if that time. get longer peps will go over to cgc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim

I think they shouldn't do weekly TAT updates. It causes a lot of high expectations and disappointments. Maybe something similar to CGC. CGC states the estimated turnaround in Business days and that's it. They also clearly state "Turnaround times are approximate and not guaranteed."
Post 4 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Having them pressed and slabbing the books can add months, submitted books last February for press and grade, received them at the end of July
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Either way...an update would be nice...it's been a month. I fear that the data books are shipped hasn't moved forward a month in kind...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
#soon=later, but as always they put things up coming, and then it's like when. As far TAT I think they should keep customers informed, if that time. get longer peps will go over to cgc.

As I commented several customers have already gone back to CGC.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Either way...an update would be nice...it's been a month. I fear that the data books are shipped hasn't moved forward a month in kind...

Most probably not and con season is at its lowest this time of year so it is distressing to think that but what else can a customer imagine given last years history and not getting updates from them?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim - Now is actually the best time to submit books. My most recent order with CBCS is catching up to my prior order, so in my opinion they are getting caught up. Time to send in more.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Since I usually try and sell one or two of the books I send in for grading I simply can't afford to send in books now when I don't know if I will be able to take advantage of the market for those books. I could send to CGC but I would rather not. So CBCS gets no business from me while I wait to see if they can ever address their hopelessly long (and usually growing) TATs.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Since I usually try and sell one or two of the books I send in for grading I simply can't afford to send in books now when I don't know if I will be able to take advantage of the market for those books. I could send to CGC but I would rather not. So CBCS gets no business from me while I wait to see if they can ever address their hopelessly long (and usually growing) TATs.

Exactly what I am saying! Sellers, flippers, speculators whatever you call them are either using CGC or not slabbing at all because CBCS TAT delays don't help.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Grading companies are comparable to TV signal providers. You've got:

CGC = Time Warner/Spectrum cable. They've been around the longest, and have the biggest market-share.

CBCS = Direct TV. Desperately trying to eat into that CGC market-share.

PGX= Dish Network. The red-headed step-child everyone avoids. Lures you in with cheap prices, but a sketchy service/product.

All of them have lousy customer service, and their own various issues with quality control/end product.

But, there are only three options.

So pick your poison, folks...and savor it on the way down.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder

Exactly what I am saying! Sellers, flippers, speculators whatever you call them are either using CGC or not slabbing at all because CBCS TAT delays don't help.

Yup. I didn't even renew my membership because I don't want to keep having to do 2-day or fast track. It costs me too much as it is in exchange and shipping. So missing the market can really hurt the bottom line.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@SpiderTim - Now is actually the best time to submit books. My most recent order with CBCS is catching up to my prior order, so in my opinion they are getting caught up. Time to send in more.

I submitted 5 books at Ace on January 13, considering Monday the 15th was a Holiday..

I currently got no open orders/received as of Jan. 25.

hmmm
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
While I think it wold be good practice and good PR for CBCS to post a TAT thread regularly like they have done in the past, it won't be very helpful if it's just more of the same. The TAT haven't changed dramatically over the past few months (unfortunately).

I did a quick search of the threads CBCS posted for TAT. I found the following thread dates with the following TAT stated for Modern and Comsumer-Expanded respectively.
9-27-17: 16 weeks & 14 weeks
10-4-17: 15 weeks & 15 weeks
10-11-17: 16 weeks & 16 weeks
11-22-17: 17 weeks & 16 weeks
12-15-17: 17 weeks & 17 weeks

I just received a submission this week and it was 1 day shy of being 17 weeks.

If they posted on today or tomorrow, I would expect the current TAT to be much the same, if not slightly worse. I hope they do post a thread and make it a goal to start posting them regularly again. Monthly at least, if not bi-weekly or weekly. But I'm sure they are tired of getting the same complaining and attacking reply posts about this issue.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus
Grading companies are comparable to TV signal providers. You've got:

CGC = Time Warner/Spectrum cable. They've been around the longest, and have the biggest market-share.

CBCS = Direct TV. Desperately trying to eat into that CGC market-share.

PGX= Dish Network. The red-headed step-child everyone avoids. Lures you in with cheap prices, but a sketchy service/product.

All of them have lousy customer service, and their own various issues with quality control/end product.

But, there are only three options.

So pick your poison, folks...and savor it on the way down.

Only 3 options? What about Vault? What about CBGC? What about those cases you can buy for yourself and print your own 10 labels? lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I submitted 5 books at Ace on January 13, considering Monday the 15th was a Holiday..

I currently got no open orders/received as of Jan. 25.

hmmm

Also submitted a couple from Ace Arizona and I asked today and they haven't even inputted them into the system! That's 9 business days after submission, 9!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
How many graded slabs do you think they produce per day? per hour?

(CGC says they get over 100K submissions per year. That's 274 slabs per day, without taking a single day off)
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus
How many graded slabs do you think they produce per day? per hour?

(CGC says they get over 100K submissions per year. That's 274 slabs per day, without taking a single day off)

I personally submitted over 800 books last year and my business partner probably submitted close to the same. I know at least 2-3 other facilitators that submit in similar quantities.

I also work the CBCS booth at various shows and they take in anywhere from 250-1500 books per show and they are at at least 1 show (sometimes 2-4 shows) almost every weekend.

There is probably an easy 50-60k submissions right there and that is not even including dealers, artists, regular collectors, etc. that send in their own books. They probably aren't taking in quite as many as CGC (they also don't have near the brand recognition that CGC has) but they also do not have an equivalent qty of staff.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks

^^^
He's a legit AW peeps if you ever need one, him and his business partner!

BTW, I wanted to tell you at ACE but didn't get too, but loved that Star Wars cover your wife did for you,
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
BTW, I wanted to tell you at ACE but didn't get too, but loved that Star Wars cover your wife did for you,

Haha thanks man; yea i loved that piece and it was definitely unexpected. Her, Chadwick and Kevin did good teamwork on that one lol
Post 21 IP   flag post
597875 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?