CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Giant sized xmen 1 with no price on cover,5340

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Why would someone do that?

Good question. Either way, it has been altered. I would RUN from this!
Post 51 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323020896412

Sheerbeer solved the mystery, they blanked out the 50 cent in the indicts so they erased the cover price as well. Thanks people, I will definitely cancel the transaction
Post 52 IP   flag post
Just noticed this as well... Issue Number: 194???

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Why didn't you ask these questions before you bought it?

"I was afraid someone else might get it before me" isn't a reasonable answer. Honest, but not reasonable.
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Not sure what you mean Steve rickets

Comic collector humor.
Post 55 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

"I was afraid someone else might get it before me" isn't a reasonable answer. Honest, but not reasonable.

Yes, rub salt in the wound.
Because that’s such a reasonable direction for the thread. 🙄
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

1. Mind your own business, and stop trying to pick fights.

2. "Rubbing salt" in a SELF-inflicted wound is good for people to learn.

3. Saying "there, there, it's ok" to people's dumb mistakes hurts them. Saying "hey, that was a dumb move, what were you thinking?" helps them.

You wouldn't last 2 seconds on the CGC board.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Mind your own business, and stop trying to pick fights.

3. Saying "there, there, it's ok" to people's dumb mistakes hurts them. Saying "hey, that was a dumb move, what were you thinking?" helps them.

You wouldn't last 2 seconds on the CGC board.

Oh, and...what wound...?
Post 58 IP   flag post

Post 59 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 60 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Quote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323020896412

Sheerbeer solved the mystery, they blanked out the 50 cent in the indicts so they erased the cover price as well. Thanks people, I will definitely cancel the transaction

I thought I solved it back on Page 1 with my close-up pic of the “price” and red highlighting. Oh well lol
Post 61 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
That’s what you have to do, it took from this morning until now to get this figured out. If this was an error issue, would have lost it, but with eBay I can secure it, do the necessary research and if it’s not what is is, cancel the transaction. The seller is wiser, and I’m not poorer. I do appreciate all your help with this. Better to resolve it now than to have it shipped and then return it
Post 62 IP   flag post
Thanks Captain Canuck
Post 63 IP   flag post
If you ask these questions before you buy, you won't waste the seller's time and money with a bad purchase. It (generally) costs money to relist items on eBay that have "sold."
Post 64 IP   flag post
I did ask, he was unsure also, he didn’t notice the price on the cover missing until I pointed it out to him, it’s funny how something so obvious can go unnoticed
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 so gonna return it?
Post 66 IP   flag post
No, not the seller...asking HERE. You got the answers HERE fairly quickly, because there are many experienced collectors here (JLW, Iron Man, Mr. Sig_S, among others) who know what they're looking at.

And if the seller was still unsure, and giving you insufficient answers...why did you go ahead and buy it anyways?

I'm not badgering you; this is an important point for everyone to know. Knowing BEFORE you buy will save time and effort...and, potentially, significant cost down the road.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user

Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff

Ooo, the badger memefest begins! The CGC board went through their badger memefest in...what...2011...? Somewhere around there. It was quite hilarious. Ricketts remembers.

Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 70 IP   flag post
@DocBrown Quote:
If you ask these questions before you buy, you won't waste the seller's time and money with a bad purchase. It (generally) costs money to relist items on eBay that have "sold."

I suspect the seller knew about the alteration(s) and still put a $485 Buy It Now price on it hoping to pass it off to someone else.

If you look at his other listings, he has an ASM #194 with a description of “Just got a nice copy of Spider man 194 the first appearance of the Blackcat! Has an non-color breaking wave on the right side of the front cover. Some small non-color breaking spine ticks. Staples are firm. Pages are off white.” Sounds like he knows what to look for and was just looking for the right buyer to pass this off to.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@DocBrown Quote:

I suspect the seller knew about the alteration(s) and still put a $485 Buy It Now price on it hoping to pass it off to someone else.

If you look at his other listings, he has an ASM #194 with a description of “Just got a nice copy of Spider man 194 the first appearance of the Blackcat! Has an non-color breaking wave on the right side of the front cover. Some small non-color breaking spine ticks. Staples are firm. Pages are off white.” Sounds like he knows what to look for and was just looking for the right buyer to pass this off to.

I don't doubt you're right...but that's an assumption until proven, and doesn't absolve the buyer of the responsibility to do due diligence, right?
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
. Mind your own business, and stop trying to pick fights.

You wouldn't last 2 seconds on the CGC board

Sometimes I forget you are here to learn and punish the wrong. My apologies. Carry on.

*btw RMA I’ve been been on the CGC forum for years.
Post 73 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 74 IP   flag post
@DocBrown Quote:

I don't doubt you're right...but that's an assumption until proven, and doesn't absolve the buyer of the responsibility to do due diligence, right?

That’s true, buyer should perform their due dilligence. It’s just unethical to list it like that. I wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up on eBay again for around the same price lol
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes I forget you are here to learn and punish the wrong. My apologies. Carry on.

Mind your own business, and stop trying to pick fights.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@DocBrown Quote:

That’s true, buyer should perform their due dilligence. It’s just unethical to list it like that. I wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up on eBay again for around the same price lol

It depends on what the seller knows or doesn't know. At this point, if he/she is honest, they'll look into it. My gut says they know exactly what they're doing, but you never know until you know.

I suspect the cover price was excised, and the indicia marked out, by a misguided person who thought "well, this is worth more than 50 cents, but if I leave the prices on their, someone may try and buy it for that much!"

I'd say it's 99.99924% certain of coming back restored...at the very least, that area where the cover price was will cause a massive grade hit. A shame, too, because it's not a bad book, all things considered.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
That’s what you have to do, it took from this morning until now to get this figured out. If this was an error issue, would have lost it, but with eBay I can secure it, do the necessary research and if it’s not what is is, cancel the transaction. The seller is wiser, and I’m not poorer. I do appreciate all your help with this. Better to resolve it now than to have it shipped and then return it

By the way..."securing it" by hitting the BIN and THEN doing your due diligence is also unethical. The chance to "lose it" is the risk you take. You're blocking other buyers from having the chance to buy it, and then deciding you don't want it after all.

That's not how the system is designed to work. That's not fair to other buyers, and it's not fair to the seller, regardless of what other issues the seller might have.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mind your own business, and stop trying to pick fights.

Im not trying to pick fights here, that was my entire original point. Telling me to stop doing what I called you out for is a clever deflection

Carry on, im not looking to get a vacation tonight 🤯 . No point going in circles.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I scored this one at a cheap price today:

Post 80 IP   flag post
600813 110 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?