Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

List Of eBay Sellers To AVOID5326

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get along well with others who speak about me behind my back, sorry
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
I've not said anything "behind your back" that I haven't said to your face. "Behind your back" only means anything if someone is pretending to be your friend. Obviously, that's never been the case here.

Worth a shot. Now it's a matter of public record.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No, I've read the other forums.
Post 53 IP   flag post
If you've seen it, if it's posted in public...that's the opposite of "behind your back."
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Clearly as anyone can see publicly - it's a great idea for these 2 to remain on my personal block list. Would you want to do business with someone you didn't get along with? I didn't think so.

I 100% agree with you that you don't have to do business with someone you don't get along with.

But I think your missing the point here Myke. You had NO business transaction with the guy.

PUBLICALLY trying to mislead others to not do business with a person based on nothing more than the fact you don't get alone with him, and having had NO actual business dealings with him.

Don't you see how wrong that is?
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
If you've seen it, if it's posted in public...that's the opposite of "behind your back."

So you admit it, too. That's awesome. It's behind my back when I have others send me links to very obscure underground web forums.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
LOL
Didn't mean to (re)open this can. I thought the "trouble" was with a capital T, and somehow eBay was involved.

I rely on these lists from time to time, and think each name should come with a reason in order for whoever is reading the list to consider, then make up their own minds. I couldn't care less about what someone is 'like' as long as their selling practices are honest.
This, of course, can change if said person becomes an "acquaintance" of sorts, but for someone I'll never meet- I don't care.

There's a blocked eBay seller list across the street and I don't believe it ever caused this much butthurt.

I was thinking the same thing. Occasionally there is drama, but it's been a very helpful tool. I can remember two times I almost pulled the trigger, then that little voice said the seller's username is familiar, so I checked the list, and there they were (can't remember who).

Wish I never asked the question.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
This argument would go a lot faster if you guys direct message each other or facebook messenger each other.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
PUBLICALLY trying to mislead others to not do business with a person based on nothing more than the fact you don't get alone with him, and having had NO actual business dealings with him.

Not when I specifically mention that "while I've never had any business transactions with this person, I simply just do not get along with him or his personality, I chose to include him on my ebay block list" I guess your egos are having a hard time wrapping that around your brains.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

So you admit it, too. That's awesome. It's behind my back when I have others send me links to very obscure underground web forums.

Is this where we start pulling each other's wigs...?

Hold on, I have to adjust my

Post 60 IP   flag post
Thought so.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thought so.

Oh, give it up already. This is getting laughably silly.

I think your

...is on too tight.
Post 62 IP   flag post
This like watching the super bowl. Two titans fighting it out.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

Not when I specifically mention that "while I've never had any business transactions with this person, I simply just do not get along with him or his personality, I chose to include him on my ebay block list" I guess your egos are having a hard time wrapping that around your brains.

Myke

Im not against you putting the guy on your "blocked list" In fact I encourage it.

Including a disclaimer "that you never had any transactions with the guy, you just don't like him" does not justify trying to publically slander in an attempt to cause negative public sentiment towards him. This is the kind of stuff politicians do to each other, Not comic book fans.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. Occasionally there is drama, but it's been a very helpful tool. I can remember two times I almost pulled the trigger, then that little voice said the seller's username is familiar, so I checked the list, and there they were (can't remember who).

Hey, I got dragged into this mess.

The reason there's little drama about the other list is:

1. critical thinking

2. critical thinking

and

3. critical thinking

When people are posted on that list, the posters(nearly) always explain why, and most of the time, it's pretty valid. The troublemakers get sussed out pretty quick. But that only works in an environment where there are people who don't tolerate bullshit, and where there's a measure of respect given AND EXPECTED to and from all, and, unfortunately...that's much too rare on the internet.
Post 65 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just my two cents.

If you have added someone to your blocked eBay list for non-business reasons no one is forcing you to ask others to block them as well. When sharing your blocked list on a public forum like this one you could omit such buyers and only share the list of buyers who you are blocking because of bad behavior on eBay.

While we all get in arguments and some people here may not like each other there is a big difference between teasing someone and calling their integrity into question. I would like to think we are better than that.
Post 66 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

When sharing your blocked list on a public forum like this one...

It was posted on a forum created in spite of forums like this one. If that helps..
Post 67 IP   flag post
Olive branch still extended, km. I don't take back anything I've said, and, indeed, nothing was said "behind your back" if it's posted in public. I tend to think a place called "the comic book forum", either one, is not a "very obscure underground web forum", but opinions can differ, I suppose. I don't expect you to take anything you've said back, either.

The point isn't to pretend those things don't exist, but to acknowledge them, work through them, and get past them, realizing that there are actual human beings on the other side, human beings that could be mutually productive and positive.

Do I have to? No. Do I want to? Ehh...not really, my human nature says "piss off" and that's that. But I also don't like having people so vocally opposed to me. And I'm willing to take this first (second? third?) step, as, indeed, I have been in the past.

I see value in kaptainmyke. Do you see value in DocBrown?
Post 68 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRig Not really, whatever the motives of the folks running the forum we should think before we post.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
This thread has delivered.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
Gulp. Just sent a submission to cbcs 2 weeks ago that included an ASM 23 and 40 bought from collectors_comics. Hoping they don’t come back restored after seeing this.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
In light of the 2 other similiar threads on here, I thought it would be good if we compiled a simgle thread with eBay sellers who have a confirmed history of selling books with undisclosed restoration and lax grading.

First up is CollectorsComics

I have bought from CollectorsComics many times. Not had any issues - whatsoever - did you reach out to Thomas/CollectorsComics? He is not a member of this Forum but I will forward him this thread

I have not bought anything from him.

I am going off feedback posted by several CGC boardies, on the CGC Forums.

I can also see when a book is over graded, from looking at a listing.

Well I would not make an accusation such as that based on 3rd hand knowledge. This is a seller with more than 20k feedback.
Post 72 IP   flag post
@poka This is a public forum. If there is a thread on the other guys forum where multiple posters have an issue with a seller I for one appreciate that information being shared here. The seller has the right and the ability to share their side of the story here if they care to.

As long as the poster was telling the truth about what he heard or observed on that forum without embellishment we are free to decide for ourselves how to treat that information.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, I got dragged into this mess.

LOL
After I logged off, I realized what I posted could be taken this way.
I meant the list across the street always seemed (to me) designed to 'protect' one another rather than to allow people to grind an axe, or nominate someone for personal reasons. Not dealing with someone I don't know because they don't get along with someone else I don't know doesn't make sense to me.
But if that person is on the list because they to scam buyers, THAT is something I want to know.

But things are quite different there.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think anyone was listed here for personal reasons. As others have said, what happens on other forums shouldn’t matter here.
Post 75 IP   flag post
That is true. The list with DB & CAK was not here.
Got mixed up because it's being discussed here.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Although I haven't sold anything in years, I recommend only buying from me when I do decide to sell again.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS Does anyone have a link to said "other list"?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
their

just saying what i would not have done. with CC’s enourmous inventory i am sure they get a few books wrong in terms of restoration. anyway i am sure that is different from canceling a won auction because a seller thinks the price is too low (not u @drchaos )
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
their

just saying what i would not have done. with CC’s enourmous inventory i am sure they get a few books wrong in terms of restoration. anyway i am sure that is different from canceling a won auction because a seller thinks the price is too low (not u @drchaos )

Of course not, I don't do auctions. All of my books are buy it now.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600627 132 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?