Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

List Of eBay Sellers To AVOID5326

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Very astute observation.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
This could get interesting.

I was right
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
More than one person has those two names on their blocklist. I’m sure more than one person has them on their favorite sellers list as well.

Which is why threads like this suck, and are doomed to argument and eventual lock.

More than one person has your name on their blocklist. I'm sure more than one person has it on their favorite sellers list as well.

We agree.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
In trouble with who?

KaptainMyke posyed my eBay and Doc Brown's eBay user Id's on a "Blacklist eBay sellers to avoid" thtead on Darths' forum.

He has never dealt with either of us, it was lame retaliation/smearing on his part, for things DB and myself have said to him on this forum.

I saw it, notified DB about it, and DB got our names removed, a mod stepped in.

Didn't you start this thread suggesting at least one person to avoid who you've never dealt with?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
LOL
Didn't mean to (re)open this can. I thought the "trouble" was with a capital T, and somehow eBay was involved.

I rely on these lists from time to time, and think each name should come with a reason in order for whoever is reading the list to consider, then make up their own minds. I couldn't care less about what someone is 'like' as long as their selling practices are honest.
This, of course, can change if said person becomes an "acquaintance" of sorts, but for someone I'll never meet- I don't care.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
LOL
Didn't mean to (re)open this can. I thought the "trouble" was with a capital T, and somehow eBay was involved.

I rely on these lists from time to time, and think each name should come with a reason in order for whoever is reading the list to consider, then make up their own minds. I couldn't care less about what someone is 'like' as long as their selling practices are honest.
This, of course, can change if said person becomes an "acquaintance" of sorts, but for someone I'll never meet- I don't care.

There's a blocked eBay seller list across the street and I don't believe it ever caused this much butthurt.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t really care if I am on someone’s block list and neither should any of you.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I just suggested to avoid you two due to such wonderful personalities, it's always best to avoid people like that in business. Nobody was smearing anything. Except your own bs.

Oh for God's sake...why am I being dragged into this again...?

You "suggested to avoid" people not because of bad business practice, but because you are offended by what they say outside of and unrelated to business. That's the very opposite of professionalism.

I don't post lists of eBay sellers to avoid. While I would never, under any circumstances, ever consider doing business with you...precisely because of your lack of professionalism...I don't tell other people not to, "wonderful personality" or no. Caveat emptor.

That's the difference between you and me.

Doc's Right, It BS!

While I have had a difference of opinion on a few topics with Doc myself, I do not doubt that he is an experienced and knowledgeable person in the field of Comic Books. Those differences of opinions would certainly never prompt me to try to slander him or any other seller based on those differences, Even more so having Never actually having any business/book transactions with him.

That's just ethically WRONG.

While I have had some heated exchanges with Doc, I would never exclude the opportunity to add books to my collection from any experienced hobbyist based on anything other than Book quality and Service, And that includes Doc Brown
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

That's just morally WRONG.

A little bit of an overstatement? Your ethical value is not based upon who is on your ebay block list.

I think we all should just chill. Just like any other store...

Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:

Big time overstatement.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think I've ever really been 'taken'. I've played with fire a few times ... bought from low-feedback sellers (5 or less), but they've always worked out. Really, I could be wrong, but I don't think I can lose my money with low-feedback sellers (with Ebay's policy of giving buyers' money back if 'taken').

I just remembered, I did get taken once. I won a nice Night Nurse from a low-feedback seller & he never sent it. But Ebay gave me my money back.

So combining the fact that people are afraid to buy from low-feedback sellers with the fact that I'll get my money back if 'taken', I can get good deals by buying from them.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Opps
Post 41 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
If you do not want to do business with another board member for personal reasons that is fine. Listing them on a blocked eBay seller list on a public forum does not seem appropriate if they have not actually screwed you over on an eBay transaction. In any event, when suggesting others should avoid an eBay seller (or buyer), the reason for avoiding them is a detail that really should be included so the rest of us can make an educated decision.

As this is a public forum, everyone does have a chance to share their side of the story.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Big time overstatement.

OK, I'll amend the statement.

It's a low life scum bag thing to do.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
If you do not want to do business with another board member for personal reasons that is fine. Listing them on a blocked eBay seller list on a public forum does not seem appropriate if they have not actually screwed you over on an eBay transaction. In any event, when suggesting others should avoid an eBay seller (or buyer), the reason for avoiding them is a detail that really should be included so the rest of us can make an educated decision.

As this is a public forum, everyone does have a chance to share their side of the story.
+1
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
It's a low life scum bag thing to do.

Your comments reflect the messenger. I'd watch your comments as most of us are trying to remain civil. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure there are waaaaay more f'd up things to do besides adding someone to a block list. Let's get real here. Jesus. So dramatic over an ebay block list. Get over yourselves. You are not that special.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
I don’t really care if I am on someone’s block list and neither should any of you.

I'm happy to be put on people's block lists. The odds are very good that if someone puts me on their "block list", I wouldn't be willing to do business with them anyway. Huzzah! Everyone's happy. Saves me hassle from known problem buyers and sellers in the future.

The DISTINCTION...which is a concept in incredibly short supply around here...is when someone makes such a list public and suggests publicly that someone is a "bad seller" in the process, without any evidence of any kind, and no direct experience of their own.

If I have a direct experience with someone that goes bad, I share that information, and leave it up to the reader to make his or her own determination.

I don't make posts about people with whom I don't, for personal reasons, do business. It's hardly unreasonable to expect the same in return.

You put people on your "list" because you don't like their opinions, opinions that have nothing to do with business. Your right. What isn't right is suggesting other people boycott them too for those same reasons.

Or is this all just another manifestation of my "wonderful personality"...? Too many words? Not enough memes? Too reasonable and logical? Not enough yelling, slapping, and wig pulling...? Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea MAXIMA culpa.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
The DISTINCTION...which is a concept in incredibly short supply around here...

The DISTINCTION was mentioned very clearly that it was due to personality conflicts therefore chosen to not do business with. I didn't think I had to draw you a meme or a picture to reiterate the DISTINCTION but apparently I was supposed to, or required to.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I know...not enough:

Post 48 IP   flag post
Clearly as anyone can see publicly - it's a great idea for these 2 to remain on my personal block list. Would you want to do business with someone you didn't get along with? I didn't think so. It would help too if Beckett got off their butts and actually hired a capable computer coder to implement the use of blocking members and their posts, too. One has to wonder if the forum itself hurts future and current growth of the company.
Post 49 IP   flag post
The reason you and I don't "get along" is entirely on you. It's been your choice all along to have a bitter, caustic attitude towards me, because you're endlessly offended. I am perfectly willing to resolve our differences. While I think there are areas where you can definitely improve...can't we all?...I don't see those as insurmountable, if you're willing to set aside your ego and see that I'm a human being just like you, who isn't the asshole you think I am, then maybe...just MAYBE...we could find some common ground.

Or not.

Choice is yours.

I tried this once before, and you rejected it. Maybe time and publicity will change that.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I don't get along well with others who speak about me behind my back, sorry
Post 51 IP   flag post
I've not said anything "behind your back" that I haven't said to your face. "Behind your back" only means anything if someone is pretending to be your friend. Obviously, that's never been the case here.

Worth a shot. Now it's a matter of public record.
Post 52 IP   flag post
No, I've read the other forums.
Post 53 IP   flag post
If you've seen it, if it's posted in public...that's the opposite of "behind your back."
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Clearly as anyone can see publicly - it's a great idea for these 2 to remain on my personal block list. Would you want to do business with someone you didn't get along with? I didn't think so.

I 100% agree with you that you don't have to do business with someone you don't get along with.

But I think your missing the point here Myke. You had NO business transaction with the guy.

PUBLICALLY trying to mislead others to not do business with a person based on nothing more than the fact you don't get alone with him, and having had NO actual business dealings with him.

Don't you see how wrong that is?
Post 55 IP   flag post
598062 132 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?