Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeSignatures

Stan Lee Signature Advice5324

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Find an x-men or spider-man book brah

NOOOOOOOO

@IronMan any chance you can get your nephew on the forums? That'd be really cool!

Probably not. I'm a semi-retired work from home old guy. I have a bit of time to spend on chat boards. Kyle's a family guy with young'uns at home and deadlines to meet. He does do a good number of comic conventions now. His sketch covers are great and very popular. We sent in a several recently for CBCS certification. Here's one of them.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
Quote:

You know I thought about that, but I also like these obscure works that he did. There are also a ton of Spider-Man and X-Men signed books out there.

This. I have maybe 6-8 Stan signed books. Half are his mainstream super hero books. The other half are less common books. Pre Hero sci fi and then this book...

Label says "Stan Lee Photo cover"...does that mean that is Stan behind the black mask?!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You know I thought about that, but I also like these obscure works that he did. There are also a ton of Spider-Man and X-Men signed books out there.

This. I have maybe 6-8 Stan signed books. Half are his mainstream super hero books. The other half are less common books. Pre Hero sci fi and then this book...

Label says "Stan Lee Photo cover"...does that mean that is Stan behind the black mask?!

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is him. Overstreet notes it as a Stan Lee photo cover too. Very cool!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Badass!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Badass!

Apparently the books aren't cheap. There is one on eBay right now at auction over $100
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
make sure you get him early in the day when he signs normally with his right hand..otherwise he starts signing with his left.. Good luck..Happy ghost 13 is my choice..only BLUE sharpie however..(Black ends up bleeding a yellow ring after time!)
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1971
I’ll be seeing Stan in April and I’m approved for yellow label if you need someone

If I get my hands on a Hulk #5 I'll definitely be hitting you up obiwan.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
make sure you get him early in the day when he signs normally with his right hand..otherwise he starts signing with his left.. Good luck..Happy ghost 13 is my choice..only BLUE sharpie however..(Black ends up bleeding a yellow ring after time!)

Does Stan even sign in blue? I haven't seen many of them. Most of the ones I've seen are in black and silver.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@HammitChris I don't know. I have seen a lot through a google search however done in blue by Stan. I have been collecting autographs since the 1970's. I prefer blue over black. I'm NOT a fan of paint pens either. they smudge super easy.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
@HammitChris I don't know. I have seen a lot through a google search however done in blue by Stan. I have been collecting autographs since the 1970's. I prefer blue over black. I'm NOT a fan of paint pens either. they smudge super easy.

I agree..I collect autographed photos and blue Sharpie typically has the best results. It just seems to last and stay brighter longer.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
All my Stan Lee sigs are black sharpie.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:

I sent a comic in for a private signature by Mr. Lee...wrote "blue sharpie" all over the window bag...still signed in black.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1971
I’ll be seeing Stan in April and I’m approved for yellow label if you need someone

Can you get him to use a blue sharpie?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just a reminder about the current AW signing restrictions.

"Latest Updated List of Signature restrictions: AWs CANNOT self-witness ... STAN LEE (only thru Excelsior Collectibles via CBCS [stop at the CBCS booth for a submission form and then stand in line for Stan Lee to sign your book(s) & immediately proceed to Excelsior Collectibles, to drop off your book(s) with a $20 cash handling fee] or mail/send books to facilitators: Steve McDonald, Jeff Avigliano, Genuine COA & Trinity Comics for private signings)"
Post 39 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is him. Overstreet notes it as a Stan Lee photo cover too. Very cool!

That's definitely Stan on the cover!
Post 40 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That is so freakin' cool with the Stan Lee photo cover! @Ironman I understand, would be neat to see him on the forums. I know I speak for the rest of us RAM nuts, we all love his sketches and convention work.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You are right about getting him to sign early in the morning with his left hand, his dominant hand, first 50 people. Then after he takes a nap and has lunch he starts getting tired and signing with this right hand. It looks janky. Stan Lee is left handed.
Post 42 IP   flag post
597870 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?