Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeGrading Help Needed

Grade my fantastic four 45 please5321

Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
please let me know if it’s worth pressing and grading and what grade.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forums, Anthony. The best way for you to learn how to “guesstimate” grades is to look at multiple copies of graded books and compare them to yours. Try going to a site like mycomicshop.com where they sell numerous copies of issues. There you will find like 25 copies of this issue that they have graded (and I trust their grading) or issues that have been graded by CGC or CBCS. Look at enlarged images of each grade, starting with the lowest and working your way up. This should give you an idea of where your issues fall.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, Anthony. While @esaravo is right, I would look from the best grades to the least grades. You want to become aware of what you are looking for as well as what you are looking at in figuring a grade. For me, that means from the top down to better see changes.
Your book has cracks along the spine, some discoloration on the front and dirt and tears on the back cover. Comics were made differently throughout the years. Each page has to be looked at carefully.
Learning all this will make a difference in how you sell and in how you buy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @det_tobor

Good advice. Research and learning is the only way to gain knowledge in any field. One cannot become an expert overnight. I'm in my 60s and have been buying comics for over 50 years but I'm still learning.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@anthonybischoff I agree with thease guys and I also like to use the Overstreet grading guide book. It explains the flaws that are allowed in each grade level. It also has a lot of photos in it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Post 6 IP   flag post
600860 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?