CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
How about this one?

clickable text

Virgin cover is sold out, not that I'm disappointed.

Curious as to why DC is not allowing the Dell Otto cover to be released, while every other cover variant has been shown. Must have some character on the cover that may give the current story away.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Amazed how all the covers are so poor .
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I'd make a guess to say that maybe they are limiting release of pics or other details, because of "saving the best for last" type of hype or "story release" as stated already, or they could be very limited - thus released on day - becomes "first come first serve" with just a few numbers for them (we'll say for hypothetical reasons ~500k for the main issue with a limited artist).

There are really too many variables existing too result in too many conclusions.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
I'd make a guess to say that maybe they are limiting release of pics or other details, because of "saving the best for last" type of hype or "story release" as stated already, or they could be very limited - thus released on day - becomes "first come first serve" with just a few numbers for them (we'll say for hypothetical reasons ~500k for the main issue with a limited artist).

There are really too many variables existing too result in too many conclusions.

That would be wise as an actual good cover released will hurt the sales of the many bad ones. As of now I'm not buying any copy.

It's dell Otto or bust.
Post 129 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks

That would be wise as an actual good cover released will hurt the sales of the many bad ones. As of now I'm not buying any copy.

It's dell Otto or bust.

My decision also.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I pre-ordered the hardcover. That will probably be it for me. I'm no longer holding my breath for a Action 1 homage.
Post 131 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's dell Otto or bust.

anyone have a link to where this might presale?
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
Im just grabbing the virgin cover from Jock. FP had a signed one for 23 pounds shipped so i nabbed that this morning.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
It's dell Otto or bust.

My decision also.

I'm thinking about buying a couple of the blank covers. Maybe get someone to draw on 'em at HeroesCon.

Frankly, I'm glad I don't have to wonder about whether I should buy all the covers. That idea went right out with the bathwater art.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedforceKJ
Im just grabbing the virgin cover from Jock. FP had a signed one for 23 pounds shipped so i nabbed that this morning.

I just noticed the same thing and decided to go with the jock cover. Given I'm paying for shipping across the pond I went for the set of two (regular & mono). It wouldn't quote me shipping, but came out to $40 before shipping...figure even if it comes back $20 to ship it still a better deal than KRS (sold out btw) at $35 w/out signatures. So I may get this and the Dell Otto, but only if it's fantastic.

@SpeedforceKJ how did you get the website to provide you shipping?

Also, has anyone else had comics shipped from the uk? Do they always get opened for inspection? Little nervous about that aspect.

Also, if anyone knows about a discount code for Forbidden Planet, please pass it along as well.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Awwww...how sweet.

clickable text
Post 136 IP   flag post
What. The. F.

Are they purposefully putting out trash for this milestone book?

I NEED to see at least one amazing cover lol
Post 137 IP   flag post
How about an Action Comics #1 reprint?

Or 2.

Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmm, close. But not what I was hoping for.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedforceKJ

I just noticed the same thing and decided to go with the jock cover. Given I'm paying for shipping across the pond I went for the set of two (regular & mono). It wouldn't quote me shipping, but came out to $40 before shipping...figure even if it comes back $20 to ship it still a better deal than KRS (sold out btw) at $35 w/out signatures. So I may get this and the Dell Otto, but only if it's fantastic.

@SpeedforceKJ how did you get the website to provide you shipping?

Also, has anyone else had comics shipped from the uk? Do they always get opened for inspection? Little nervous about that aspect.

Also, if anyone knows about a discount code for Forbidden Planet, please pass it along as well.

I've bought comics from the UK from 2 different eBay sellers, they were not inspected/tampered with.

Got some Marvel western pence variants on the way now from the UK, from another eBay seller.

There is no reason they would be opened, under any normal circumstances.
Post 140 IP   flag post
It's like they put all the artists in a room, pulled put a stopwatch and said they had 5 minutes..

Maybe because they had plans for so many covers they have really bad commission fees for each artist and hoped they would do it for love / reputation on a key issue?

The Tony Daniels one had the right idea, but still forgettable the way its finished .
Post 141 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I mean, some of these covers are "okay". But not milestone worthy covers.

Not even close.

It's like DC and the artists are just phoning in artwork, for one of the biggest anniversary milestone issues of their flagship run.

Doesn't make sense. Unless the thought is that these will sell like hotcakes, regardless of the cover art. Yep, that must be it.
Post 142 IP   flag post
The 40s cho is growing on me.

My favorite is still the blank variant lol
Post 143 IP   flag post
it will definitely sell. though i wont be buying ... poor cover art, likely zero resale value and im not banking on a memorable story either - though would be happy if they pulled something out of the hat.

blank variant FTW !
Post 144 IP   flag post
When bulletproof puts out their 600 copy Virgin variant (guessing there will be a trade dress & virgin like they do for all Dell ottos) that'll be the only one that may rise in value. I got the jock ones because the price of the two signed comics are about the price of his signature at a con...plus thevirgin is only 1000 copies printed (rarest so far to my knowledge).
Post 145 IP   flag post
Now there's an Oliver Coipel cover (Midtown Exclusive). He's hit or miss IMO. No cover picture yet and he's not an "homage" guy...can't wait until they are all released and we can conduct a poll.
Post 146 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Did you guys already see this?

I am very much disappointed with the Steranko cover. I was REALLY expecting much better than this. Looks like a Supergirl suffering from constipation pose. I think someone earlier mentioned, constipation. LOL
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Did you guys already see this?

I am very much disappointed with the Steranko cover. I was REALLY expecting much better than this. Looks like a Supergirl suffering from constipation pose. I think someone earlier mentioned, constipation. LOL
I agree. I had mentioned that it reminded me of Axle Rose from Guns and Roses with his Microphone stand. That is all I can think of when I see it.
Post 148 IP   flag post
It's a very feminine pose indeed.. Another win for the SJW. Hahahaha
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Did you see the George Perez variant from Summit Sports, Comics & Games? Not my favorite, but it's out there!

clickable text

Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
clickable text

His midsection looks weird. Disappointed in this one.
Post 151 IP   flag post
@cseale0223 This isn't George Perez at his best, unfortunately... Given his health issues, I guess it's not a surprise. They could also have gone quick sketch style like Jim Lee, though. Who knows!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard I hear you. A sketch would have been better. I already preordered it before the image was released since Im a big fan of George. I think the Jock chewing cover is the best.
Post 153 IP   flag post
oh my god just stop already, please. its just getting worse and worse.

we get AMAZING sht for dumb variant titles, but all of THIS is what we get for Action Comics #1000.

My head is going to explode if one more bad cover is posted. It may just explode anyways.
Post 154 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Well, I know there's an Artgerm one coming that I won't pick up... Is that something you really want to see? Ha ha ha...
Post 155 IP   flag post
601452 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?