Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Pixx_L private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan

Villageidiot is arguing against a philosophy that no one has expressed.

And doesn't exist - thus his straw man caricature. You're also being far too generous with what you think he believes - as if it's coherent and informed (and not worse than you imagine).

Quote:

We should quit...arguing about positions no one likely holds.

Questioning posturing ignorance is a worthwhile & necessary pursuit these days - even if I'd rather be doing other things.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
The redistribution of wealth is more a priority and the equality of all people is prioritized.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 79 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

If only Have ever had to replace an airbag? A tiny scratch in the bumper that isn't worth fixing but a grand to replace the airbag that needlessly deployed LOL. At least this way you get popcorn!
Post 80 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I've been married for over 30 years. My debates with my wife are always on the same topic. Let me just say that the endings are always happy

I'd love to hang out with you and your wife for few hours someday!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Tony private msg quote post Address this user
All this over my post !!! Come on guys... I'll just crack it, send it to cbcs get a red label and the world looks brighter !!! Can't wait to start another topic.... thanks for the help guys !!!
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
I mean I come to this forum and the one across the street to get away politics and the issues of the day. Just talk comics. Things like "Black Lightning premiere was awesome".

But is it a reasonable...or fair...expectation that others view and use this forum the way you do?

Or is it better that people be free to discuss whatever issues interest them, while others are free to participate or not participate based on their own choices and interests...?

Why the need to direct by implication what others should feel comfortable discussing...?
Post 83 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Can't wait to start another topic

Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
I mean I come to this forum and the one across the street to get away politics and the issues of the day. Just talk comics. Things like "Black Lightning premiere was awesome".

But is it a reasonable...or fair...expectation that others view and use this forum the way you do?

Or is it better that people be free to discuss whatever issues interest them, while others are free to participate or not participate based on their own choices and interests...?

Why the need to direct by implication what others should feel comfortable discussing...?

I don't mean to suggest that at all. My remark was that I was tempted not to comment - not that others shouldn't. If it sounded like I was telling other people what to discuss, my apologies. By all means people here discuss what they want. I can comment or not.

I'm probably influenced by my much longer participation at the forum across the road. Discussions like this are not allowed in the comic book sections. They can only take place at the "water cooler" area. A decision by the moderators, not me.
Post 85 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx_L
Quote:

And doesn't exist - thus his straw man caricature. You're also being far too generous with what you think he believes - as if it's coherent and informed (and not worse than you imagine).

Quote:

Questioning posturing ignorance is a worthwhile & necessary pursuit these days - even if I'd rather be doing other things.

You should stick with "Doing other things"
Maybe go your safe space. Hug a stuffed unicorn or something.
Post 86 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, let me just say this; I've learned more here in this thread over the past few days than I ever did in my political science class. Real world learning here that's interesting and not dry and boring.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:

Is it reasonable to assume he was stating that was an expectation?

I've made similar comments, but I do not expect things to change. I am merely informing people that my participation or input is contingent upon the presence of discussion that interests me.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Pixx_L private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx_L
Quote:

Quote:

You should stick with "Doing other things"
Maybe go your safe space. Hug a stuffed unicorn or something.

Safe space? Like avoiding challenging yourself with the work of actually knowing what you think you disagree with? I'll leave that need to those on the right.

And that's really the point here. I see it over and over again. Posturing, ignorant right wing man-children that parrot the nonsense of whatever their preferred charlatans told them. Maybe go back to spamming your pics of prized comics to irrelevant threads, you're certainly not going to impress with any actual political knowledge - cartoons are all you're good for.
Post 89 IP   flag post
597868 89 14
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.