Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Venom Lethal Protector Value Predictions?5252

Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
With news that the Venom movie will be based off of Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes, how do you think it will effect the value of those books? I know that a year or two ago, you could get Venom LP for $3-$5. Now it's a $8-$12 book.

Do you think with upcoming movie news, (characters, costumes, story ect) will the value spike, slowly increase or has it peaked?

LET THE DISCUSSION.......BEGIN!!!!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bankj318 private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think it’s goin to be a 50$ raw book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user

I painted on mine and put it on eBay for a penny
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankj318
I don’t think it’s goin to be a 50$ raw book.

I don't either. I think I have at least 15-20 of these in my collection. I'm sure a lot of collectors have at least one or two copies. I think by the summer, maybe a $20 comic. If the Venom costume looks good and Tom Hardy does a bang up job as Eddie Brock, maybe it will hit the $30 range.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think only the highest sought after error print covers to Venom Lethal Protector 1 will be the valuable ones. All others will be $50 at max. Like all the others.... but only if it's a good movie. If it sucks, then probably stay $5-$10. Again, with the exception of the error ones.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
i haven't read the book, but it seems lik first appearances (character and cover) are the only keys worth investing in for comics with high print runs. Therefore stick to asm 300 and 316 as your venom investments.

As for LP...if it's a 9.6 or better candidate then $25 raw and $100 graded 9.8 on a good day.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
i haven't read the book, but it seems lik first appearances (character and cover) are the only keys worth investing in for comics with high print runs. Therefore stick to asm 300 and 316 as your venom investments.

As for LP...if it's a 9.6 or better candidate then $25 raw and $100 graded 9.8 on a good day.

Just checked graded 9.8's. Looks like it's a "good day", $100 seems the average now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdangerc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Just checked graded 9.8's. Looks like it's a "good day", $100 seems the average now.

Just checked it too. Was more like $75 not too long ago. Doubt it'll go much higher. It's not a bad cover, to be honest. It's kinda a must have for venom collectors because of just that.

Newstands are $200 strong at 9.8. That's he one to own...aside from the errors.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
So far there is only one known copy of the White Error; if the movie is good and does fair box office, maybe that one will go up for sale.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
The movie might give it a slight bump, but I think there are too many out there. As has already been said, errors might rise.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
One word, Deadpool. You know how many copies of NM 98 exist? This book has potential to grow, a lot.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I have a couple copies. You see them everywhere at shows. If you are a Venom fan you should get one but I do not see this book as a good investment.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
One word, Deadpool. You know how many copies of NM 98 exist? This book has potential to grow, a lot.

This theory would apply to ASM 300...not VLP #1. And ASM is already up there in value with lots of 9.8 graded copies.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My prediction is that graded copies will be priced infinitely higher than I'd ever pay for the comic.

I have a gold copy that I paid little or nothing to own. A regular version would never even be worth anything to me.

Post 14 IP   flag post
"Oh man!"
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
I only have 14 copies of it. So it will be SUPER RARE! J/K
Post 17 IP   flag post
I just sold 12 copies for $160 and found 15 more in my misc box!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a gold edition for $315. Just in case.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just sold 12 copies for $160 and found 15 more in my misc box!

PM sent.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Was it slabbed?

12 month GPA is $335 in 9.8, last sale(only) within 90 days was at $405...likely only one sale because sellers are setting their BIN's too high, I'd guess.

12 month in 9.6 is $217, 90 day with 3 copies sold is at $327.

If it's raw, it has to fetch a 9.8 for you to not lose money.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Investment, really. It is raw. I can press it out to a 9.2 or 9.4. I don't care if it's a 9.8 or not. Those books are a lot more rare than the reds.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
I just checked, raw copies of the regular cover are going for $25 or better!! Just wow!! When the dust settles, the gold version is the best way to go.
Post 23 IP   flag post
yuuuup in any grade

So if they were 1 per store....and there was 10,000 stores open for business in the 90s.... There is less than 500 of the gold editions on Census. 200 9.8s. 21 9.0s.

Pretty decent odds really. If the movie is successful and the Venom steam train keeps on chugging, I am happy regardless.

It's in my wheelhouse still. I collect ASM, TMNT, and RAM so Venom has always been one of my favorite antagonists.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Got an opportunity to get Bagley to sign a few, definitely will put my Venom gold in front of him.

About 8 years I had two copies of the gold and traded the lower grade along with a lower grade Amazing Annual 5 for a NM 98. Still think fondly of that trade today, even with the hype.
Post 25 IP   flag post
that's a good trade right there brah
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS currently has a Red & Gold Lethal Protector #1 of mine. I already have a 9.6 Red for my personal collection, wouldn't mind getting a 9.8. Trying to find a Black/Error for a decent price; not paying $2k+ when I still hear about people finding them semi-frequently. Would be nice to run across another White/Error though...
Post 27 IP   flag post
I got one of these (red) years ago as a "bonus" comic when buying some comics online...I think it's in 9.8 condition. Looks flawless! Maybe someday it'll have some serious value...Till then I keep it safe.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Guys I'm all out of NM Newstand copies. But do have one in fine condition for $30 if anyone is interested
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Guys I'm all out of NM Newstand copies. But do have one in fine condition for $30 if anyone is interested

Apparently the Gold version isn't the only sought after variant of this comic...haha.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?