CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Art Original ArtworkComics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

Identify Mystery Paul Gulacy Original Art?5192

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys!

I need help identifying this amazing highly detailed watercolor/inkwash/pencil/marker piece of original art I discovered in my storage. I was going through my movie poster tubes today and I found this shoved inside it. I might be looking to sell it if it's a big deal or not. Looks expensive.


































This thing is large in size, too. Might be 2ft x 3ft haven't measured yet
Post 1 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
That's a very cool piece!! Love the tarot cards! I've been looking to see if I can find anything close to it, but nothing yet. There were a couple titles he worked on that a character looked similar, but nothing definitive in my estimation. I'll look more tomorrow.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Beyond Awesome!!!!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke what are the dimensions?

Gulacy rules!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So detailed. I've been looking & I haven't found anything.

There is a Gulacy art book called "Spies, Vixens and Masters of Kung Fu".

If you find yourself near a Barnes & Noble & they have one on hand, maybe you could flip through it & identity what it's from. Just a thought.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
So I found out what this is from. How you ask, I went straight to the source! Found Paul Gulacy’s email and contacted him! Here is what he responded back:

HI DAVE-

THIS WAS A PRE-PRODUCTIOIN ART WORK FOR A FILM CALLED CRYPTIC SEVERAL YEAR AGO THAT I BELIEVE NEVER GOT OFF THE GROUND.

I DON'T KNOW HOW THE HELL YOU FOUND THAT.LOL.

PG


www.gulacy.com
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh nice. Pre-Prod art for a film that was never made? That's great info Dave! Thanks
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome, @daywalker!

I went to Twitter to tweet him about it but he doesn't have an account there.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
No problem Kaptain! My pleasure and glad I could help!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's about 2ft x 3ft in size, it's pretty large actually.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@daywalker Great job!!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to see the mystery is solved. I bought a Catwoman page from him.


Post 12 • IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
You can never go wrong with Movie production art by known comic artists.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
but pre-prod on a movie never made is hard to move imo
Post 14 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Pre-production on a movie that never got made will limit the audience. But because it's Gulacy & so detailed, there is still a market.

The size might be an obstacle, then again, how often does a large Gulacy piece go up for sale?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'm totally open to selling it for sure
Post 16 • IP   flag post
657131 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?