Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Shipped to the Wrong Person?5191

Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Left work 2 hours early (yay for lost wages) to make sure I'm here for attempt #5 from FedEx. Feels like if I miss this one, it ships back to CBCS. Not sure if I want them touching my comics again, they haven't even responded to any of my communication attempts. Crossing my fingers that this delivery person doesn't check my ID or I'm hosed.

I've been living this with you for the last few weeks man. Hope you get the goods soon (and show us when they do arrive).
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Fingers crossed.
Post 102 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
No ID no comics? @Thanatos gonna get arrested for tackling the fedex guy as he walks away back to the truck with the cbcs box

Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
HAHAHAHAHAHAH got another delivery exception from FedEx so I called and they said I should drive to a certain FedEx Pick-Up location which means I'm screwed because CBCS is closed again and they haven't taken a moment out of their busy schedules to call FedEx and give them my real name. Guess I'm going to pretend to be some Middle Eastern or maybe Hindi guy named Kabani. Thanks CBCS, you've been great.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Noooooooo!!!!!
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I brought my 3 door tags (all with the wrong name), a utility bill and the jacked up emails from CBCS. A little magic sprinkled with heavy flirting and the lady felt bad enough to give me the package! Low and behold, the box has someone else's name and my address.

Bottom line: I got my books and have decided that I will not be submitting to CBCS again. I have one last submission through Trinity Comics but beyond that I will be going next door for my grading needs.

I've enjoyed the last year-ish with all of you on the forum and will miss all of you but I'm done. I will no longer support a company that has proven to me over the last week that the customer means very little to them. I wish you all the best and feel free to message me if you'd like to keep in contact through other means.

Mahalo and keep on hunting!

Edit: added pictures to help alleviate the sadness of my passing

Post 106 IP   flag post
I'm glad you got your books, bro. Hopefully a CBCS rep will reach out to you to apologize & perhaps give some incentive to give them another chance.

Either way, I can't blame you for taking your business elsewhere.

Please check in from time to time. I'll miss seeing you here, @Thanatos.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH got another delivery exception from FedEx so I called and they said I should drive to a certain FedEx Pick-Up location which means I'm screwed because CBCS is closed again and they haven't taken a moment out of their busy schedules to call FedEx and give them my real name. Guess I'm going to pretend to be some Middle Eastern or maybe Hindi guy named Kabani. Thanks CBCS, you've been great.

Did they attempt it before you got home? My wife had signed for me. As long as you answer the door at the delivery address I think they leave it with you.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
@Thanatos Nice DC Presents 26. That's been a goal book of mine for awhile, as well as at high grade copy of 27 (FA Mongul).
Post 109 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This is embarrassing.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
When did CBCS stop using those nifty white boxes to ship comics?
Not a fan of the newly upgraded packaging.

Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

Not sure exactly but at least since December.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:

Neither are a lot of us . See the "Bottleneck" post among others.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
I brought my 3 door tags (all with the wrong name), a utility bill and the jacked up emails from CBCS. A little magic sprinkled with heavy flirting and the lady felt bad enough to give me the package! Low and behold, the box has someone else's name and my address.

Bottom line: I got my books and have decided that I will not be submitting to CBCS again. I have one last submission through Trinity Comics but beyond that I will be going next door for my grading needs.

I've enjoyed the last year-ish with all of you on the forum and will miss all of you but I'm done. I will no longer support a company that has proven to me over the last week that the customer means very little to them. I wish you all the best and feel free to message me if you'd like to keep in contact through other means.

Mahalo and keep on hunting!

Edit: added pictures to help alleviate the sadness of my passing

I've been looking for a DC Comics Presents #26 Pence copy for a long time. It does exist but try getting a high grade one.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Quote:

They also don't seem to be giving grading notes on 9.8s anymore. I am hoping this is all just temporary to work through the bottleneck, but something tells me it is not.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35

They also don't seem to be giving grading notes on 9.8s anymore. I am hoping this is all just temporary to work through the bottleneck, but something tells me it is not.

#soon
Post 116 IP   flag post
Ti believe they dropped the white box when Beckett took over. And why do you need graders notes on 9.8s? Don't we all consider them 10s anyway...an actual 9.9/10 is like getting extra credit (A++).
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Ti believe they dropped the white box when Beckett took over. And why do you need graders notes on 9.8s? Don't we all consider them 10s anyway...an actual 9.9/10 is like getting extra credit (A++).

You’re probably right, but if it’s a 9.8 there’s a flaw. I’d like to know what it is. Why it didn’t get 9.9. With that said any 9.8 grading note I’ve see is something like tiny spine stress doesn’t break color or minor wear on bottom corner. Which is usually the same grader note I see on my 9.6s too. So in practice there’s not much difference. Still want them though.
Post 118 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Seems to me that there is widespread dissatisfaction with ALL of the professional grading companies.

Is it an impossible task to please hard core comic book collectors? Are we too demanding and picky?

Can we, and will we, ever be totally satisfied with a grading and encapsulating company?
Post 119 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak - Walt, all we want are reasonable prices (seriously, does it cost more to grade a comic from 1974 than one from 1975?), the fastest turnaround times, best communication, most tamper-proof but visually appealing slab (with built-in UV protection - I hear you Jacob), and the most accurate AND consistent grading. That’s all.
Post 120 IP   flag post
You forgot packing and shipping perfection.
Post 121 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak - true. They USED to do that. I forget they stopped using internal boxes and foam between slabs.
Post 122 IP   flag post
I’d be happy to have what cbcs was a year ago.
Post 123 IP   flag post
@Themaxx35 - If I ever get my August order back from CBCS, I will have two graded copies of DC Comics Presents #26. PM me if you’d be interested in one of them.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:

Ah yes, the good old days!
Post 125 IP   flag post
It seems what we're complaining about is what's been taken away...9.8 grading notes, low prices and a very high standard in shipping materials/packing.

Not sure if the buyout by Beckett is to blame, but these all seem to have happened around that transition period. Not to say "just accept it", but companies are always looking at ways to keep costs down while taking a few risks and losing a few customers as long as it puts more $$$ in their revenues.
Post 126 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Zach made the difference.

Pay the man. Whatever he wants, just pay it.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Could they be between stages with the inner-boxes? I'm hoping they're simply rebranding the boxes and they'll make a comeback incorporating the Beckett brand.

Just a theory.
Post 128 IP   flag post
All companies and people go through growing pains. We all understand that.

But I still do not like this Beckett aspect. Do I want my cupcakes from the local bakery or from Wal-Mart?

I'll take the former please.

I get the feeling (and it is only speculation based on experience), that a Beckett "business consultant" has entered CBCS and changing things to make a larger profit. That ALWAYS entails cutting frills and corners. Thus you lose the mom and pop store mentality and get the big box store model.

Like I said. I know nothing about what is going on with CBCS, except what I read here and experience in the hobby. I agree with Themaxx35.

Like many here. I am buying CBCS books submitted by others, instead of submitting my own, for the time being. Until things shake out and I see what is what.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
#overit
Post 130 IP   flag post
598076 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?