Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Pretty sure the thread title is just supposed to be a general discussion topic, I think it's quite accurate as my comics may or may not be on their way to someone else.

I don't think I'm obligated to take time out of my day to correct a problem that occurred because of a CBCS error, I didn't pay for their grading service and an extra $30 in shipping so I could do the leg work when they make a mistake.

If they input the information wrong in their database and sent me the wrong tracking info then following your suggestion would lead to someone else not receiving their comics. Hoping this is the case and they just added the wrong tracking to my order since this could be resolved easily. If they did in fact ship my comics to someone else then things get more complicated.

Mistakes happen, the books are insured either way but seriously...it is a 10 minute phone call, if CBCS has not contacted you yet, why not be proactive?

CAK
Explain how the books are insured, I thought Fed Ex didn't insure collectables.

I would be worried if my order was sent to an unknown person.
Never heard this before. Gonna have to research and find out if this is so, because that would be scary.

Maybe its UPS that doesn't insure collectibles. Although I'm not sure, I just ship by the USPS mail.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Per FedEx, only the shipper can change the name and address of the shipment so CBCS needs to make that change. Even if they did change the delivery address or hold at location for me...the name on the package is NOT mine, why would they let me sign for it?

Yes, I know you can't have the books rerouted to you.

I am pretty sure that you should be able to have the delivery cancelled and returned to sender (CBCS) by calling FedEx, though....or possibly have the delivery put on a freeze, intil Monday, when CBCS steps in.

I would guess that could be accomplished by giving Fed Ex the unique order number supplied by CBCS, which should be vidible on the Fed ex shipping label created by CBCS.

Even if I'm wrong, which is a good 50/50 ,CBCS will get this sorted out for you.

I was just saying that is something I would look into, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time.👍
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
CAK you try real hard bro. It's ok. When did you become an employee???

Mef, do not concern yourself with my posts.

You contribute virtually nothing of substantive value to this board, or any of the other boards that I have seen you post on.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Regarding insurance.......yes, Fed Ex and UPS insure collectibles.

Of course they insure collectibles.

The books would all be insured under the fair market value given by the submitter.

If no value was given by the submitter, CBCS would pay out the maximum per book, per tier.

IOW, if it was a submission of 10 moderns via Modern Fast Track, it would be $200 (max FMV for thst tier) per book..., times 10 books.....and the shipment was lost or stolen.....CBCS would pay put two grand.

UPS Ground is limited to $100, that is where a lot of people get confused.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
What is the estimated delivery date? Mine took a week and it was just up the coast. These are going cross country. I'm assuming ground. You should be able to get ahold of someone Monday when business opens. Don't Panic!

He other thing is that even if hey are going somewhere else, it's likely to another comic fan who will likely sympathize and work with cbcs to get you your comics. Wouldn't anyone here do the same if you got someone else's shipment?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely. No matter what, I'm sure the correction will be made & the correct books will get delivered in the long run.

It doesn't stop you from worrying (it's reasonable to worry) but it absolutely will get resolved.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Just because CBCS is return shipping via Fed Ex, does not mean Fed Ex is insuring the package. The insurance could be coming from a third party. Although if it was a label error, not sure if thats something that would be covered by any insurance policy.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
On a practical level, this probably HAS happened before with the volume they do. They have to have something in place to take care of it.
On Monday, they will be able to help you .
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Just because CBCS is return shipping via Fed Ex, does not mean Fed Ex is insuring the package. The insurance could be coming from a third party. Although if it was a label error, not sure if thats something that would be covered by any insurance policy.

I do not know the particulars as far as who would be covering insurance but I am absolutely sure if the books do not get to the submitter, the submitter would be getting the full assigned FMV of said books.If insurance did not cover the loss, CBCS would just pay out, eating it as an operating cost.

I would bet a testicle on that....and I fully enjoy having two testicles.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids

When I've shipped via FedEx before they told me the limit was $1000 of insurance for comic books.

Maybe CBCS uses separate insurance to cover their inventory + in-transit items, like CC does.

It would make sense, no?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Expected delivery is on 11 Jan 2018 so there is time to reroute the shipment...hopefully. I'm really hoping they just mix & matched our shipping information on the computer and all will be will. One more day till I can reach someone from CBCS...

Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
I knew I read it somewhere. I just picked up a CGC form, on the back of the form it says. Warning: FedEX insurance covers only $100.00 in damage or loss, if your comic books are worth more than $100.00 we recommend you use USPS Registered mail, or provide your own insurance and carrier account.

Not that CBCS couldn't get there own third party insurance as a company to cover FedEx shipments being returned to customers.

I wouldn't trust FedEx or UPS with any of my comic books worth more than $100.00 under there declared value policy.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:

I do not know the particulars as far as who would be covering insurance but I am absolutely sure if the books do not get to the submitter, the submitter would be getting the full assigned FMV of said books.If insurance did not cover the loss, CBCS would just pay out, eating it as an operating cost.

I would bet a testicle on that..and I fully enjoy having two testicles.

??? And what would you do with a third testicle, keep it as a spare?

No sane company is gonna operate so they could lose THAT much money continuously. Insurance is not an "option". Neither is working with a carrier that will only insure a fifty thousand dollar book with only one thousand dollars of insurance. Not when said company will be dealing with thousands of customers AND hundreds of thousands of old valuable books worth a lot more than $1,000 at a time.
Post 40 IP   flag post
The fact that CBCS doesn't have customer service 24 hr, 7 day a wk service says they recognize a need not to throw money away. To stay in business, they have to cover their transactions so they don't get robbed or lose their company thru problems caused by third parties errors.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

You contribute virtually nothing of substantive value to this board, or any of the other boards that I have seen you post on.

Its posts like these that make me come back to this forum.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Jeez @Mef...maybe you should contribute from time to time ;-)

Millenials, amirite?

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

jimmylinguini, you contribute virtually nothing of substantive value to this board, or any of the other boards that I have seen you post on.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think we need the meme for 9 days without a suspension.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I might be late to this party but I have some experience and knowledge on subjects mentioned, so will chime in.

CGC and CBCS - on rare occasions - ship books to the wrong person. Over the years I've personally experienced it maybe four times - 2 CGC, 2 CBCS. And read about many other times. It's just human beings at work you know. A phone call to the grading company needs to be made as soon as the open. While packages are still in transit the shipper (grading company) can make a recall request. MOST of the time that is the end of it. The package is tracked down and returned to the grading company. On those occasions the package is already delivered the grading company calls up the recipient and says "hey, we need those books back". ULTIMATELY, no matter what, the grading company will make it right. Replace the books or pay for them if it comes to that.

BUT IT STARTS WITH A PHONE CALL TO THE GRADING COMPANY. THEY DON'T KNOW THEY SHIPPED THE BOOKS TO THE WRONG PERSON UNTIL SOMEONE TELLS THEM.

As for FedEx, UPS and collectibles. Let me be clear. FedEx and UPS do NOT like collectibles. UPS has some language about not providing insurance coverage on items where most of the value is based on collectibility. FedEx limits coverage to $1000. You cannot count on the person behind the counter knowing the rules. But you can count on any adjuster settling the claim knowing.

CGC shipments via FedEx and UPS are insured for $100. The recipient is expected to have private shipping insurance. CBCS most certainly has their own private shipping insurance for FedEx or they are self insured.
Post 46 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
CBCS most certainly has their own private shipping insurance for FedEx or they are self insured.

Theres good reason why CBCS’s shipping rates are rough. +1 up on them over CGC for insuring books to our doorstep, I had no idea CGC only insured to $100!!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
CBCS most certainly has their own private shipping insurance for FedEx or they are self insured.

Theres good reason why CBCS’s shipping rates are rough. +1 up on them over CGC for insuring books to our doorstep, I had no idea CGC only insured to $100!!

Post #39 said the carrier, NOT CGC, only provides insurance for $100.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

jimmylinguini, you contribute virtually nothing of substantive value to this board, or any of the other boards that I have seen you post on.

I'm glad you're keeping track.
Post 49 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Post #39 said the carrier, NOT CGC, only provides insurance for $100.

Does CGC cover the difference? From the sound of their disclaimer it doesnt seem so
Post 50 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Thanatos They are aware of the package and will check into it first thing in the morning.
Someone from Customer Service will contact you when they have more info.
Post 51 IP   flag post
And since I'm here, I'll add that CBCS has private insurance for packages. We do not rely on carrier insurance and *if* they will pay out or not.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, @SteveRicketts.

This kind of direct communication is what sets CBCS apart.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Just trying to help.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Thanatos They are aware of the package and will check into it first thing in the morning.
Someone from Customer Service will contact you when they have more info.

Thank you @SteveRicketts, I truly appreciate the response. I was definitely freaking out Friday night hahaha
Post 55 IP   flag post
600440 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?