Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Shipped to the Wrong Person?5191

Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Could someone from CBCS call me asap?! I just received the shipped notification for order #17-35BD492 and despite verifying my address via email two days ago, the name and tracking information for my order is completely wrong. I'm in Colorado and my books say they are headed to Las Vegas, NV. I'm hoping that the tracking numbers were just mixed up while being input into the computer. Of course the email sends past CBCS business hours haha just my luck. On the brightside, the grades I got are awesome lol
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
One hour later...chirp chirp.

No response on facebook, email, phone or here.

"Shipped" email sent at 7pm EST so won't be able to call till Monday morning if I don't hear anything back.

Helllooooo bourbon!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
What's the company that was used for shipping? Contact them with the info of your tracking # and see what they can find in their computers. Make sure they have your proper address. Good luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
One hour later...chirp chirp.

No response on facebook, email, phone or here.

"Shipped" email sent at 7pm EST so won't be able to call till Monday morning if I don't hear anything back.

Helllooooo bourbon!

It's a Friday night and your thread title wasn't informative.

Call the shipping company and have the delivery to the incorrect address canceled.

The package will be returned to CBCS, CBCS will ship the oackage back oit to you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Pretty sure the thread title is just supposed to be a general discussion topic, I think it's quite accurate as my comics may or may not be on their way to someone else.

I don't think I'm obligated to take time out of my day to correct a problem that occurred because of a CBCS error, I didn't pay for their grading service and an extra $30 in shipping so I could do the leg work when they make a mistake.

If they input the information wrong in their database and sent me the wrong tracking info then following your suggestion would lead to someone else not receiving their comics. Hoping this is the case and they just added the wrong tracking to my order since this could be resolved easily. If they did in fact ship my comics to someone else then things get more complicated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
If it’s through FedEx can’t you request a change? I always do that for my shipments because I don’t want them going to my house since I’m never there when they drop it off.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
You would think as much as shipping is they would send it to the right person
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Pretty sure the thread title is just supposed to be a general discussion topic, I think it's quite accurate as my comics may or may not be on their way to someone else.

I don't think I'm obligated to take time out of my day to correct a problem that occurred because of a CBCS error, I didn't pay for their grading service and an extra $30 in shipping so I could do the leg work when they make a mistake.

If they input the information wrong in their database and sent me the wrong tracking info then following your suggestion would lead to someone else not receiving their comics. Hoping this is the case and they just added the wrong tracking to my order since this could be resolved easily. If they did in fact ship my comics to someone else then things get more complicated.

General discussion topic?

Than why post the same concern on other venues,citing your comics are being shipped to another individual?

Because you don't want someone getting your books.

Following that logic, knowing that CBCS customer service is not directly reachable via a phone call or email, after business hours, you think your time is better well spent posting threads on here with distinctly unsuggestive subject titles?

You should have at least titled the thread "ATTN:CBCS SLABS ENROUTE TO WRONG ADDRESS".

If they were my slabs , I would be on the phone immediatelywith the shipping company, in order to resolve the problem.

Mistakes happen, the books are insured either way but seriously...it is a 10 minute phone call, if CBCS has not contacted you yet, why not be proactive?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Per FedEx, only the shipper can change the name and address of the shipment so CBCS needs to make that change. Even if they did change the delivery address or hold at location for me...the name on the package is NOT mine, why would they let me sign for it?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
CAK you try real hard bro. It's ok. When did you become an employee???
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
thread title wasn't informative

“Shipped to the wrong person” is such a horrible thread title for books that might have been shipped to the wrong person. You should know better @Thanatos.

Thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I hope this is a quick, easy fix @Thanatos.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I thought the thread title was fine. CAK just trying to start something not there as always.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
lol

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
lol
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

@shrewbeer
@kaptainmyke

Hey give him a break, he just got back from his 2 week ban.
He's just wetting his beak, he's got a lot of built up forum tension to release.
Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Mistakes happen, the books are insured either way but seriously...it is a 10 minute phone call, if CBCS has not contacted you yet, why not be proactive?

CAK
Explain how the books are insured, I thought Fed Ex didn't insure collectables.

I would be worried if my order was sent to an unknown person.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You are right. Might be apaon in de arse but you will win.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Quote:
Quote:

CAK

Never heard this before. Gonna have to research and find out if this is so, because that would be scary.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Remember that time CGC sent THREE copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 to the wrong guy?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
CAK...??? why do you always take the hard road brother ? The OP is nervous/irritated and venting in a forum of colleagues because they can empathize. There is no right way . Poking momma bear is just ....
Post 25 IP   flag post
lol
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Quote:
Quote:

CAK

Never heard this before. Gonna have to research and find out if this is so, because that would be scary.

Maybe its UPS that doesn't insure collectibles. Although I'm not sure, I just ship by the USPS mail.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Per FedEx, only the shipper can change the name and address of the shipment so CBCS needs to make that change. Even if they did change the delivery address or hold at location for me...the name on the package is NOT mine, why would they let me sign for it?

Yes, I know you can't have the books rerouted to you.

I am pretty sure that you should be able to have the delivery cancelled and returned to sender (CBCS) by calling FedEx, though....or possibly have the delivery put on a freeze, intil Monday, when CBCS steps in.

I would guess that could be accomplished by giving Fed Ex the unique order number supplied by CBCS, which should be vidible on the Fed ex shipping label created by CBCS.

Even if I'm wrong, which is a good 50/50 ,CBCS will get this sorted out for you.

I was just saying that is something I would look into, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time.👍
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

Mef, do not concern yourself with my posts.

You contribute virtually nothing of substantive value to this board, or any of the other boards that I have seen you post on.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Regarding insurance.......yes, Fed Ex and UPS insure collectibles.

Of course they insure collectibles.

The books would all be insured under the fair market value given by the submitter.

If no value was given by the submitter, CBCS would pay out the maximum per book, per tier.

IOW, if it was a submission of 10 moderns via Modern Fast Track, it would be $200 (max FMV for thst tier) per book..., times 10 books.....and the shipment was lost or stolen.....CBCS would pay put two grand.

UPS Ground is limited to $100, that is where a lot of people get confused.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598059 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?