Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to?5175

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know why, but whenever I see Frankie Valli, I think of "Old Blue Eyes". It may have something to do with my mom having been a fan of both, but other than that, I am at a loss for a connection. Regardless, here is my favorite Sinatra song.

Post 801 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
In all honesty I never figure out why Frank Sinatra was even a star, let alone a Big star.
A boring unanimated dud. Not even in Frankie Valli's League IMHO
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
Manchester Orchester: A Black Mile To The Surface. Live version of The Moth
Post 803 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 804 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Post 805 IP   flag post

Post 806 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock

I was hanging out at a club one night chatting with door man taking everyone's cover charge. Greg Allman walks in. The door man shakes his hand and lets him in for free. He mingles around chatting with people then goes up on stage and plays a couple of songs. He gets off stage and chats some more with people. A girl who saw Greg walk in and shake the door man's hand walks up to us and asks if the door man will introduce her to Greg. I interrupt and say "You can introduce yourself. Greg doeasn't know any of us. He's talking to strangers right now." She looks over and musters up enough courage to talk to him. Five minutes later they left the club together. Now I tell people I hooked Greg Allman up with that girl.

He walked into another seedy club where my friend and I were drinking one night. I tell my friend "Does that guy look familiar?" He turns around to look and says "That's Greg Allman!" I smile and say "He's no angel." We laugh. It really was a raunchy club.

It was Greg Allman's lawyer that used questionable business ethics to cheat Jim Shooter out of his stake in Valiant Comics.
Post 807 IP   flag post
@X51 Cool stories!
Post 808 IP   flag post
Quote:
@X51 Cool stories!

I have so many interesting & true stories. Some I can't tell in a public forum. Like one where an innocent prank led a legendary comics creator to almost shoot someone.

I guess I get bored easily and I always migrated towards people and places where something interesting was happening. I was more like the Watcher and never had a desire to get involved.

Supposedly one of Warrant's album covers says "and a big (expletive deleted) to Charley Macgruders" on the back. The band was playing pool one night at the club. There were signs clearly posted that read "Do not remove cue sticks from the pool table area." One of the band members... probably the lead singer... disregarded the sign or didn't see it. The bouncers confronted him. An altercation developed and he was physically removed from the club. Some of my friends were to blame for that comment on the album cover.
The next year, the band came back to the club. Either Atlanta REALLY has a boring night life, or they weren't as angry as the comment implied. I think it's funny because I was never a fan of the band.

Jeff Healey walked into the club one night. My friend was the door man. My friend (a very big guy) looks at him and says "Jeff Healey, I thought you were taller." Being blind, Jeff Healey's face never flinches. He walks past my friend and says "I thought you were smarter." The fact that Jeff is blind and never looked at him made it seem even worse as an insult. Everyone laughed including my friend that said it.

Survivor walked in one night and got on stage and played.

One of the local poser bands was insulting Jackyl one night. Jesse from Jackyl walked in with his chainsaw roaring as the band backed away in horror.
Post 809 IP   flag post
Post 810 IP   flag post
This Tweet....
https://twitter.com/thecarsband/status/1173668625917468673/photo/1

made me think of this song...
Post 811 IP   flag post
Post 812 IP   flag post
Post 813 IP   flag post
Post 814 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
GOGD all week for me.

Post 815 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
GOGD all week for me.

Nice one! Going to see JRAD in Philly next week! Just saw them in Dallas last week and they rocked it. Opened with Might As Well!
Post 816 IP   flag post
Post 817 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
GOGD all week for me.

Nice one! Going to see JRAD in Philly next week! Just saw them in Dallas last week and they rocked it. Opened with Might As Well!

I still have yet to see JRAD live. Definitely on my list. I streamed their set from The Peach Festival this year. It was killer. They have way more energy than Dead & Co. I may have to find a ticket as I am 45 mins from Philly.
Post 818 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GOGD all week for me.

I still have yet to see JRAD live. Definitely on my list. I streamed their set from The Peach Festival this year. It was killer. They have way more energy than Dead & Co. I may have to find a ticket as I am 45 mins from Philly.

PM me and I will give you my cell #, so if ya go to the show, we can meet up......
Post 819 IP   flag post
Post 820 IP   flag post
Post 821 IP   flag post
Post 822 IP   flag post
Post 823 IP   flag post
Post 824 IP   flag post
Post 825 IP   flag post
Post 826 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Listening to my wife bi*** at me for spending to much time on this website 😉
Post 827 IP   flag post
I was at this show.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Best Journey line-up (2019) ever! Neil Schon and Gregg Rolie (Santana). Dean Castronova on drums covering Steve Perry's vocals (almost better than Perry in his prime)...

Post 829 IP   flag post
Post 830 IP   flag post
601228 999 30