Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to?5175

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 726 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 727 IP   flag post
Post 728 IP   flag post
Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O ... went to high school with the Indigo Girls who were friends with Michael Stipe. Never saw R.E.M live even though they were an Athens GA band.

I prefer Orange Crush...

Post 730 IP   flag post

@Jesse_O / @GAC

One of my early true loves married the road manager for Gun's and Roses. Her friend Eve/Eva married Greg Theakston long after their lives went different directions. Her roommate when I last went out with her was dating Cinderella's manager.

My favorite GnR song is offensive, so I'll post this instead.

Post 731 IP   flag post
This song comes to mind periodically. I honestly thought they were an Athens GA band, but evidently not.

Post 732 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 R.E.M. was one of those bands that seemed to get better with every album. I kinda lost track of them in the early/mid 90's due to having kids of my own, but I still enjoy their tunes every now and again.

I just looked at their discography on wikipedia. It looks like everything after "Out of Time" (1991) is pretty much foreign to me. I think I've heard a few of them, but not like the first albums. I may have to listen to some on youtube tomorrow. See what I've missed.
Post 733 IP   flag post
This band had some significant regional success. They supposedly played at our high school prom, but I didn't go.

Post 734 IP   flag post
Post 735 IP   flag post
The Dreaming - It's No Good (Demo) -Depeche Mode Cover

Post 736 IP   flag post
An oddball track that I like. Not really a fan of the band overall.

Post 737 IP   flag post
To switch it up...

Post 738 IP   flag post
Post 739 IP   flag post
Post 740 IP   flag post
Post 741 IP   flag post
Not wild about those, but they are better than I thought they'd be. I'm not really a fan of Axl's voice.
Post 742 IP   flag post
I'm a huge GNR and Axl fan. I feel Chinese Democracy is an under appreciated gem.
Post 743 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I'm a huge GNR and Axl fan. I feel Chinese Democracy is an under appteciated gem.

I appreciated Slash more and he was a fan of a band I liked.

Post 744 IP   flag post

Post 745 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@X51 R.E.M. was one of those bands that seemed to get better with every album. I kinda lost track of them in the early/mid 90's due to having kids of my own, but I still enjoy their tunes every now and again.

I just looked at their discography on wikipedia. It looks like everything after "Out of Time" (1991) is pretty much foreign to me. I think I've heard a few of them, but not like the first albums. I may have to listen to some on youtube tomorrow. See what I've missed.

There are quite a few bands like that for me.
Post 746 IP   flag post
Post 747 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

R.E.M was great all the way through their career. IMHO.
Post 748 IP   flag post
Post 749 IP   flag post
Post 750 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
For when I need that extra boost at the gym.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I got to see GNR in 2016. It was the closest thing to a reunion with the classic lineup that I think I would see. Axl sounded great, Slash was on point, but the real highlight may have been an appearance by Steven Adler. He came out for a few songs and was just grinning ear to ear. His health and substance issues are no secret so it was great to see him just having the time of his life playing drums. I hoped Izzy would have shown up since he may still in IN (concert was in Cincinnati), but I guess he was adamant about not joining.
Post 752 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley That's very cool! He must have been crushed when he wasn't asked to be fully involved in the reunion tours. From what I've read he's burned some bridges. Izzy is missed big time especially if theres going to be new material..which I'm hearing there will be. I've seen them from 1988 to the current tour. Great music and intensity.
Post 753 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 754 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Who has music stored on a computer / mp3 Players? Please inBOX ME!
Post 755 IP   flag post
600799 999 30