Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to?5175

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I'm jealous that you got to see them closer to their prime. I saw them at one of the reunion shows and I was so disappointed.

David basically spoke his lyrics while the band jammed. The music was great, but he just couldn't hit the notes anymore.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I'm jealous that you got to see them closer to their prime. I saw them at one of the reunion shows and I was so disappointed.

David basically spoke his lyrics while the band jammed. The music was great, but he just couldn't hit the notes anymore.

They were not known as being a great band live. David Lee Roth was the show man. Eddie Van Halen pretty much stood in one place staring at his guitar trying to hit all the right notes. David Lee Roth definitely lost his voice by the time the reunion tour rolled around. I saw them perform on a late night talk show.. Jimmy Kimmel maybe. Much worse than when I saw them.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
One of may favorites. Garbage covering the Ramones

Local heroes here, one of the better bands to come out of Madison WI.
Butch used to run Smart Studios, and is best known for recording/producing
Nirvana's Nevermind.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I love 'Gatbage'. Finally got to see them back in 2012.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I was saw them twice. Once on their own tour and once opening for U2.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Although the song is titled "Work", I'm pretty sure this is about a strip club.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I remember in the early 60s as a child listening to the Beatles on the radio, "She loves you yeah yeah yeah" etc".

And then in the 70s listening to "Hard rock " Hendrix and Floyd and Zeppelin

It's 4 in the morning now and I wish that I weren't such an insomniac. All I listen to these days is Wagner, Bruckner,Sibelius and Mahler.

PS. Sorry for being so down and negative.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Jammming out to my Escape album. Love that vinyl sound.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Love Journey! It's really hard to see but this is autographed by the whole band. I got to see them back in the 80's. It was kind of like a mini California Jam at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. There was Journey, Aldo Nova (sang "Fantasy", Triumph (Lay It On The Line) and Blue Oyster Cult. Great memories!

Post 59 IP   flag post
Post 60 IP   flag post
Post 61 IP   flag post
Post 62 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
lou reed - new sensations
Post 63 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Ratt, Scorpions, Aerosmith. No particular albums, just some fav songs I have grouped and running through Windows Media.
Post 64 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
My vinyl collection is ridiculous now. I love listening to my records. Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, U2, Motley Crue, Pink Floyd, Run DMC, Master P, it's very wide ranging.

Out of all of them, my favorite that I keep replaying frequently is Pink Floyd "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
The Olympics.

EDIT: Except Figure Skating.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke vinyl rules!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
My vinyl collection is ridiculous now. I love listening to my records. Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, U2, Motley Crue, Pink Floyd, Run DMC, Master P, it's very wide ranging.

Out of all of them, my favorite that I keep replaying frequently is Pink Floyd "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"
I plan to pick up more vinyl soon.For me lately I have playing my Steely Dan "Can't buy a thrill and Steve Miller's " Fly like an eagle" albums. The crazy thing is about 5 of my albums have just disappeared from my dining room(office) area. Steve Miller's Fly like an eagle, Rush's"Moving Pictures, Jeff Beck's" Blow by Blow and my other copy of Can't buy a thrill. I actually have 2 of that album.I cannot imagine who would want them. Plan to get more Rush and Iron Maiden next.
Post 68 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips I used to have Rush vinyls,... Debut album - Signals. Wish I still had my original Hemispheres and Moving Pictures. After MP, Rush was no longer Rush. IMO

They went from Heavy Metal to Heavy Mellow. How sad.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@BrianGreensnips I used to have Rush vinyls,... Debut album - Signals. Wish I still had my original Hemispheres and Moving Pictures. After MP, Rush was no longer Rush. IMO

Yeah, they really mellowed out. I saw them on their last 2 tours. Their last Album Clockwork Angels was pretty solid. Geddy's voice was pretty shot, however musically they were spot on. They have a really good documentary on Netflix that I must have watched about 8 times. I highly recommend it for any Rush fans.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure you all heard CD's are on the way out? Best Buy is going to stop selling them. No big loss if you ask me.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

Yeah, they really mellowed out. I saw them on their last 2 tours. Their last Album Clockwork Angels was pretty solid. Geddy's voice was pretty shot, however musically they were spot on. They have a really good documentary on Netflix that I must have watched about 8 times. I highly recommend it for any Rush fans.

I only saw Rush live one time,.. the Hold Your Fire tour. Many classics and new stuff. My God, I thought Neil Peart's drum solo was going to last forever. He was on fire!

Btw... I have the comic book 6 issue limited series of Clockwork Angels published by Boom Studios.

Kevin J. Anderson
Neil Peart
Nick Robles

Still haven't read it yet.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I saw Rush twice and wasn't really impressed. Geddy Lee had too much going on and it just wasn't an entertaining show in my opinion. I'm sure my best friend at the time felt differently. Rush was his favorite band.
Post 73 IP   flag post
I grew up on Rush, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple,.just to name a few. But the clock work perfection, music, and lyrical story telling of Rush is what captivated me. Pink Floyd was a close second but they weren't hyperactive enough.

In the mid 80's Rush stated, "we will never deviate, we will never conform"... Got news for ya homies, Yes You Did!

Geddy Lee no longer has the vocal chops, but that's nothing unusual with aged high-pitched vocal rock singers. But even today, Ged can take on any bass player on the planet.

Alex Lifeson, today has to use super-reverbs to compensate for his fat fingers.

Neil Peart, (my favorite drummer of all), sits back wearing his cap, with his snooty arrogant nose stuck so high in the air, a crow could fly by and build a nest on it.

Sorry, RUSH,... you deviated - you conformed!

But at least you did it with authenticity.
Post 74 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a long time YES fan. Came across this live version of "South Side of the Sky" and I must say I really enjoyed its slightly different take on the original.
Post 75 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
First period prep today at the HS, so I am correcting assignments and listening to Blue Oyster Cult’s Agents of Fortune on my Bluetooth speaker. Hoping that the kids that walk by my room pick up some musical intellect via diffusion.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder - You might appreciate this, back when I had a land-line the last four digits in my phone number where 2112.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Pre_Coder - You might appreciate this, back when I had a land-line the last four digits in my phone number where 2112.
That 2112 album really rocked. I wonder if there is a Rush comic book?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
That 2112 album really rocked. I wonder if there is a Rush comic book?

I think there is. One of the B&W biography series probably covered RUSH at some point.
Back when people used 4 number passwords for ATM cards and cash registers, it was a safe bet that a RUSH fan had 2112 as their password.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Post 80 IP   flag post
601455 999 30