CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to?5175

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I never was really a fan of Marilyn Manson, but ironically I saw them twice. Once I was hanging out with friends that liked them. The other time I won tickets through a contest at the comic shop.

The first time I saw them, I was wearing a "Seven" promo t-shirt that I got at the advance screening of the movie. A girl I didn't know begged me to swap shirts with her at the show. It was a strange request, but I didn't do it.

I seen Marilyn Manson in concert, they opened for NIN. I also seen Pantera, Tool, Type O-Negative at different concerts.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I never was really a fan of Marilyn Manson, but ironically I saw them twice. Once I was hanging out with friends that liked them. The other time I won tickets through a contest at the comic shop.

The first time I saw them, I was wearing a "Seven" promo t-shirt that I got at the advance screening of the movie. A girl I didn't know begged me to swap shirts with her at the show. It was a strange request, but I didn't do it.

I seen Marilyn Manson in concert, they opened for NIN. I also seen Pantera, Tool, Type O-Negative at different concerts.

I was getting away from concert going by that time. I was more of a hard rock fan, and not so much the heavier bands. Even when I saw Metallica from the snake pit, I wasn't really a big fan.

I did like Motorhead & WASP.

Post 553 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I remember back in the 70s and 80s when rock magazines would poll the top 10 guitarists. Did anyone ever mention Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush?

The audio/video isn't that great but the video does get better at about 1 minute. This guy does not get tired.

You'll have to crank the volume.

Post 554 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen a lot of good bands in my years. There are two that stand out because the crowds were small and the bands were killer!!! First one is Jimmy Van Zant. They played in the upper room of a bowling alley/entertainment center. Hardly anyone showed up!!! My buddy and I took our chairs right up to the edge of the stage and just jammed with the band. Jimmy actually would come down from the stage and head bang with us. The high point was seeing my buddy up on stage with Jimmy and singing this song with him.

Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Post 556 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The second one was Hellyeah!!! They played a rural county fair. It was right after their first album was released and another buddy and I knew who they were because we always listened to hard rock stations on the internet. All the local stations suck around here!!! I think we were among maybe 10-15 people who actually knew their songs. There were maybe 20-30 people at the beginning. By the time they were done, there was maybe 60-80 people. It was another great time, and the band hung out with everybody after for about a half hour or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
You'll have to crank the volume.

Is there any other way to listen????
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Chris Squire at his absolute best on the Bass!

Post 558 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Talk about small venues,.. the only time I saw RUSH live was Jan 1987 at the Barton Coliseum in Little Rock Arkansas. Maybe about 2000 people on hand, but these guys played their hearts out. The kind of shows that stick to you like glue.

Also, I thought Neil Peart's drum solo was going to last forever!
Post 559 IP   flag post
I saw INXS in a small club. I was so close I could've ripped the guitar out of the guitarist's hands easily. Met the band afterwards. They talked about filming their early videos and drinking in New Orleans.

Post 560 IP   flag post
Big Country was pretty good live..

Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 INXS - Kick, was the best album. I grew up listening to them. And Ministry, Rollins Band, etc.
Post 562 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@X51 INXS - Kick, was the best album. I grew up listening to them. And Ministry, Rollins Band, etc.

I liked "X".

Post 563 IP   flag post
Saw the Psychedelic Furs. They were okay. I only knew a few songs.

Post 564 IP   flag post
I can't remember if I saw Better than Ezra once or twice.

Post 565 IP   flag post
Can't remember if I saw Cowboy Mouth once or twice.

Some girls I worked with were big fans of them. They were more like a high energy bar band.

Post 566 IP   flag post
I think I saw this band, but I can't remember.

Post 567 IP   flag post
I definitely saw this band. The bass was awesome live. It doesn't reproduce well on the recorded version.

Post 568 IP   flag post
I saw Quiet Riot in a small club. I used to think they were good. LOL! I actually saw them 3 times and the best show was the small club before their album sales took off.

Post 569 IP   flag post
I never saw the Scorpions play live, but a girl I used to date was a roadie for them (and a lot of other bands). I think she is credited on the live album. I met their tour manager at her apartment and I drove him to the back door of an arena where Motley Crue was playing so he could hang out with people he knew. I explained to him the word "animation". He was actually the first native German person I'd ever met.

Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I saw Quiet Riot in a small club. I used to think they were good. LOL! I actually saw them 3 times and the best show was the small club before their album sales took off.

I did think Rudy Sarzo was a talented bass player.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Post 572 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 573 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Getting warmed up for the Marty Scorsese documentary on Netflix tomorrow. Just about to finish disc 3 and get in to the live stuff.

Post 574 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Getting warmed up for the Marty Scorsese documentary on Netflix tomorrow. Just about to finish disc 3 and get in to the live stuff.

Holy crap!!! what is this? DEFINITELY watching this!!
Post 575 IP   flag post
Yep. This is the big one.

Post 576 IP   flag post
Brilliant!!!!! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

As I suspected...that was f*&king amazing. Bob is the Pied Piper. Pure genius. Everyone needs to watch this. My hair is standing up after watching it.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

As I suspected...that was f*&king amazing. Bob is the Pied Piper. Pure genius. Everyone needs to watch this. My hair is standing up after watching it.

A masterpiece indeed! Brilliant from start to finish. Not surprised actually Dylan and Scorsese together can't miss....throw in Baez, Mitchell and Ginsberg...genius is an understatement.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

A masterpiece indeed! Brilliant from start to finish. Not surprised actually Dylan and Scorsese together can't miss....throw in Baez, Mitchell and Ginsberg...genius is an understatement.

I was most intrigued by Scarlet Rivera. She is something else. I like how she was being chauffeured around in a Rolls Royce.
Post 580 IP   flag post
601333 999 30