Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to?5175

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 526 IP   flag post
In a Johnny Cash kind of mood tonight.

Post 527 IP   flag post
My last JC song posted here. This song has great personal memories for me.

Post 528 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 529 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder That helicopter opening always makes me think of this one ...

Post 530 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I hear what you mean! I've always enjoyed Def Leppard but can't recall hearing that particular song until you posted. I was probably engrossed with much other stuff at that time. Thanks!
Post 531 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Post 532 IP   flag post
Post 533 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth

The acoustics gotta be awesome there!
Post 534 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 535 IP   flag post
Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

I was in the audience.
Post 537 IP   flag post
Post 538 IP   flag post
Ozzy at his finest.
And check out the back cover (left)- It's as though he's stepping into the mirror.

Post 539 IP   flag post
Post 540 IP   flag post
I saw this band live.
If you squinted, you could see me in a picture they had posted on their website.
I think the website is gone now.

Post 541 IP   flag post
Post 542 IP   flag post
Post 543 IP   flag post
Post 544 IP   flag post
Post 545 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Ozzy at his finest.
And check out the back cover (left)- It's as though he's stepping into the mirror.

My favorite BS album with the Oz
Post 546 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 547 IP   flag post
Post 548 IP   flag post
Great cover to a classic!

Post 549 IP   flag post
I never was really a fan of Marilyn Manson, but ironically I saw them twice. Once I was hanging out with friends that liked them. The other time I won tickets through a contest at the comic shop.

The first time I saw them, I was wearing a "Seven" promo t-shirt that I got at the advance screening of the movie. A girl I didn't know begged me to swap shirts with her at the show. It was a strange request, but I didn't do it.
Post 550 IP   flag post
Post 551 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I never was really a fan of Marilyn Manson, but ironically I saw them twice. Once I was hanging out with friends that liked them. The other time I won tickets through a contest at the comic shop.

The first time I saw them, I was wearing a "Seven" promo t-shirt that I got at the advance screening of the movie. A girl I didn't know begged me to swap shirts with her at the show. It was a strange request, but I didn't do it.

I seen Marilyn Manson in concert, they opened for NIN. I also seen Pantera, Tool, Type O-Negative at different concerts.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I seen Marilyn Manson in concert, they opened for NIN. I also seen Pantera, Tool, Type O-Negative at different concerts.

I was getting away from concert going by that time. I was more of a hard rock fan, and not so much the heavier bands. Even when I saw Metallica from the snake pit, I wasn't really a big fan.

I did like Motorhead & WASP.

Post 553 IP   flag post
I remember back in the 70s and 80s when rock magazines would poll the top 10 guitarists. Did anyone ever mention Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush?

The audio/video isn't that great but the video does get better at about 1 minute. This guy does not get tired.

You'll have to crank the volume.

Post 554 IP   flag post
I've seen a lot of good bands in my years. There are two that stand out because the crowds were small and the bands were killer!!! First one is Jimmy Van Zant. They played in the upper room of a bowling alley/entertainment center. Hardly anyone showed up!!! My buddy and I took our chairs right up to the edge of the stage and just jammed with the band. Jimmy actually would come down from the stage and head bang with us. The high point was seeing my buddy up on stage with Jimmy and singing this song with him.

Post 555 IP   flag post
601390 999 30