Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to?5175

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 502 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Post 503 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder got me thinking about Neil Young (anybody remember his triple album - Decade?), which made me think about his performances in the movie The Last Waltz (if you have like 4 hours and 20 minutes to kill, the whole concert can be seen on You Tube). Here's two videos from that concert where you can see how much the performers were enjoying themselves (and how wasted they probably were, hell it was the 1970's).

Post 504 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite Neil Young.
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@esaravo I had to google Fred Durst to see what he is up to. It seems that Limp Bizkit is still doing live concerts. They have a couple concerts in the US plus some European concert dates later this year. Plus, Fred is directing a film called "Moose" with John Travolta. This is all I found out about the film - "A rabid film fan stalks his favorite action hero and destroys the star's life."
I liked Limp Bizkit's version of Faith by George Michael. If you have not heard it, it is worth a listen. It is very different than the original version.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I listen to Chill Hop, underground NYC rap. Sometimes I listen to classical, Ska, Nu Metal, or even Jazz. Just depends on mood.

Some examples. I could just cop out and say smash mouth. Okay, let’s listen to smash mouth.

Post 507 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Went to the Gin Blossoms concert on Thursday night. Great time and great show. After playing a few new songs, they then played their whole New Miserable Experience album from start to finish. Sounds like they are doing this on the whole tour.
Post 508 IP   flag post

I saw Natalie MacMaster yesterday. She is one of the best fiddlers there is. She comes from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I have one of her CD's playing now.
Post 509 IP   flag post

SXSW music festival day 1. I started yesterday by seeing The Beths, an indie rock band from New Zealand.
Great show. I'll have chances to see them again before the week is out and plan to do so. Check them out.

Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Right now I'm listening to Queen - You're My Best Friend on That 70's Channel on TuneIn Radio
Post 511 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Pre_Coder got me thinking about Neil Young (anybody remember his triple album - Decade?), which made me think about his performances in the movie The Last Waltz (if you have like 4 hours and 20 minutes to kill, the whole concert can be seen on You Tube). Here's two videos from that concert where you can see how much the performers were enjoying themselves (and how wasted they probably were, hell it was the 1970's).

Infamous moment from my favorite concert, The Last Waltz...they had to edit out this big white glob of coke hanging from Neil's nostril. If you were wondering how wasted they were
Post 512 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
A master class in Southern Rock. Watch it go from Gregg to Dickie to Warren. Zoinks Scooby-Doo!!!

Post 513 IP   flag post
@the420bandito

Post 514 IP   flag post

SXSW Day 3 highlight was the band Liily from Los Angeles. They had lots of energy and I really like this song. This will appeal to the hard rock crowd.
Post 515 IP   flag post

SXSW Day 4. Surprise of the day was seeing Laura Jane Grace and the Devouring Mothers. Linked is a video of their whole set from last night.

Post 516 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
This is how you do it!

Post 517 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
That man is a MACHINE!!
Post 518 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 519 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Having a Beast in Black morning...really digging the latest album.

Post 521 IP   flag post
@Paulbg2000 I like the singer.
Post 522 IP   flag post
Post 523 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 524 IP   flag post
Post 525 IP   flag post
Post 526 IP   flag post
In a Johnny Cash kind of mood tonight.

Post 527 IP   flag post
My last JC song posted here. This song has great personal memories for me.

Post 528 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 529 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder That helicopter opening always makes me think of this one ...

Post 530 IP   flag post
601337 999 30