Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to?5175

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 476 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes I wonder how these ticket stubs survived in my pocket. Faith No More opened.

Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
A relaxing morning to be inside today. Windy,wet, and cold outside.I bought this Kiss album at a Kmart back in 1977. It is a keeper.

Post 479 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector spamnham private msg quote post Address this user
Post 481 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Post 482 IP   flag post
Post 483 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 484 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 485 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is not new, but if you think you know "The Sound of Silence" and haven't heard this version, well, judge for yourself.

Post 486 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I never thought it was possible to like a cover version as much as an original until I heard that song. Limp Bizkit's "Behind Blue Eyes" comes close, but Disturb's "Sound of Silence" is every bit as good as Simon & Garfunkel's. And in some ways, dare I say it, it is better.

Post 487 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - I agree. And “Behind Blue Eyes” is probably the best work Fred Durst will ever do. What is he doing now?
Post 488 IP   flag post
@esaravo I had to google Fred Durst to see what he is up to. It seems that Limp Bizkit is still doing live concerts. They have a couple concerts in the US plus some European concert dates later this year. Plus, Fred is directing a film called "Moose" with John Travolta. This is all I found out about the film - "A rabid film fan stalks his favorite action hero and destroys the star's life."
Post 489 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O eh. I dunno. Yes I very much like the cover but nothing will compare to the original Simon and Garfunkel.
Post 490 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra What I really like about both of these covers, is that the cover artist did these songs in their own style. Many attempt to do that, but these two succeeded in my mind. Another one that I actually think succeeds is Marilyn Manson's version of Eurythmic's "Sweet Dreams". But the original version has a LOT of great memories associated with it for me, so it will never be outdone. I'm posting the lyrics version here, just to be on the safe side. And just fyi - they get the lyrics wrong on the video!!! LOL!!

Post 491 IP   flag post
Another good cover by Marilyn is "Tainted Love". I prefer the uncensored version, but here is the tamer one.

Post 492 IP   flag post
This is the first version of this song that I heard. I absolutely LOVE it!!! I plan to have it played during my wake. I've since heard the original Joan Baez version and I like that one as well. But in this case, JP rules!!!

Post 493 IP   flag post
I must be in the mood for covers. Growing up in Minnesota, I knew who Bob Dylan was before I was in kindergarten. But when GNR did "Knocking on Heaven's Door", I thought it perfection!!! I'm ending with this song. Have a great night all.

Post 494 IP   flag post
Collector Stillirize85 private msg quote post Address this user
"krazy" Makaveli!
Post 495 IP   flag post
I really don't care much for the band 'Type O Negative' but they did a cover of Neil Diamond's "Cinnamon Girl" like it belonged to them. The live versions are sucky but here's the studio.

Post 496 IP   flag post
Something I was introduced to just now. I'm digging it!!!

Post 497 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Remembering songs that I'd forgotten existed.
Saw this band at GA State in '82 I think.
They had sound problems with their old style organ.

Post 498 IP   flag post
Post 499 IP   flag post
Post 500 IP   flag post
Post 501 IP   flag post
Post 502 IP   flag post
Post 503 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder got me thinking about Neil Young (anybody remember his triple album - Decade?), which made me think about his performances in the movie The Last Waltz (if you have like 4 hours and 20 minutes to kill, the whole concert can be seen on You Tube). Here's two videos from that concert where you can see how much the performers were enjoying themselves (and how wasted they probably were, hell it was the 1970's).

Post 504 IP   flag post
My favorite Neil Young.
Post 505 IP   flag post
601333 999 30