CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

What are you listening to?5175

Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I just love Youtube because of all the previously unaired (in my country) TV and concert films/bootleg albums of all the bands from the 60s that I loved.

The film here is not of the best quality but has, I think a certain rawness which reflects the limitations of the recording processes in those pre-digital media eras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxQDWiyY-1A
Post 326 • IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
My God, people... has anyone posted anything from a 21st century artist?
Post 327 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
My God, people... has anyone posted anything from a 21st century artist?


My vinyl collection does not stop at 2001.









Post 328 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
just got this one in the mail today from the UK


Post 329 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 330 • IP   flag post


Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user



Post 331 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user



Post 332 • IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
It's three in the morning* and no matter that I was a Beatles/Stones/Floyd/ Zep/Hendrix fan in the 60s I sometimes listen to the songs that my late wife loved.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ52lk9wjZI

Nowadays all I listen to is Wagner, Mahler, Bruckner and Sibelius.

*Yes I am so melancholy/lonely/tired. Please forgive an old man his indulgence.
Post 333 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 334 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 335 • IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Spinning some Bullet for my Valentine in the house this morning...


Post 336 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 337 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 338 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke



Great record! Also a fan of Songs of Faith and Devotion, Violator and Black Celebration.
Post 339 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 340 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yep I got those Depeche Mode vinyls too
Post 341 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Yep I got those Depeche Mode vinyls too


I had a Depeche mode vinyl that was 33-1/3 RPM on one side and 45 RPM on the other.
I gave it away as a gift to a girl I liked.
I kinda regret it.
Post 342 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user




my record collection is a mix of original first pressing $300 records and varies to a bunch of 2012 or 2017 re-issue records still worth $30-$45.

Vinyl has excellent resale value. Can't do that with digital music or cassettes/cds.
Post 343 • IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Just listening to some Pretty Maids before heading off to work...

Post 344 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user



one of my favorites
Post 345 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The Joker movie thread mentioning Jared Leto made me want to listen to the Joker's music.

Post 346 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 347 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 348 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 349 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 350 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 351 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
One more...

Post 352 • IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
My all time favorite group. Lost track of how many times I've seen them and they never disappoint.

Post 353 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Yet another. The GnR post made me think of Slash playing on this song & breaking a string.

Post 354 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
My all time favorite group. Lost track of how many times I've seen them and they never disappoint.



Love this band!!!!! Jimi Hendrix said Billy Gibbons was the best guitarist he's ever heard....high praise indeed!
Post 355 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30