Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeQuestions

Your 2018 “Want List”5111

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Merry Christmas (again) to everyone. I hope with family and friends and full of food, Nog, Coquito, PBR or whatever you drink lol

We have a great thread about your top acquisitions of 2017. Did these come from a “want list” that you created at the beginning of the year or were they finds as you went thorough your collecting journey?

My real question for this thread is: what is on your “want list” for 2018? Be it one book or a Top 10 List, Post it up below!

Before you do, give the video below a listen. I’ll tell you my list but I want to share some thoughts on changing perspectives, motivation and the mindset of a (this)collector.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
One of the books I want to get this year, is Sponge Bob Square Pants #1.

Another is Scooby Doo #1.

Anything else will have to call my name real loud. I'm getting too old to keep collecting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I will be pretty happy if I make as much progress in 2018 as I did in 2017 picking up quality copies of X-Men for my collection. The big issues that I still need are #’s 1-5, 9, and 94.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I've decided that 2018 is going to be the year I pull the trigger on a Giant Size X-Men #1. I've seen way to many over the last few months and for one reason or another I've not been able to grab one.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
ASM 121 has eluded me multiple times this past year. I hope to get my hands on one in 2018.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Venom: Lethal Protector Black (Error) & Silver (Italian Edition). This is the year I finish the reasonably-achievable set. I know the White (Error) is out there...but unless I trip over a bar of gold or something, probably out of my price range.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
One of the books I want to get this year, is Sponge Bob Square Pants #1.

Another is Scooby Doo #1.

Anything else will have to call my name real loud. I'm getting too old to keep collecting.

I have Spongbob Comics 1-10, and 1-5 are all signed by Gregg Schigiel.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
ASM 14 tops my want list.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
One of these will come home with me from SDCC this year:

Tales of Suspense 52 (8.0)
Spidey 14 (4.0-5.0)
Hulk 181 (4.0-5.0)

I'm definitely pulling the trigger on a mid grade Flash 139 as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Not in any order:
1.) Marvel teamup 55 (nm, raw)
2.) Transformers: Infiltration issues 2 & 4, Retailer Incentive Cover "C" (with trading cards, nm raw)
3.) Transformers Marvel #'s 5-8, Graded 9.6 or Better
4.) Amazing Spiderman #252 (nm, raw)

Waiting for "my price" on some of these...I did get hosed on Xmas eve as I had a a couple lined up for sniper bids and my internet let me down.

It's been a weird end to 2017. I acquired most of my must haves his year...I started collecting in the copper age, so I don't really go after anything prior to copper age with rare exceptions for the right price.

I want to grade several books as well...but need cash and cbcs to get their tats back in control. I will post that "want" list separate.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Down to Demon 1 at an 8 or better. Just checked off Avengers 196 from my list
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
DC REBIRTH- All of it
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I spent all of 2017 collecting what I loved. I ended up with a lot more comics than I want to own.

2018 will be mostly back to keys.
Ghost Rider 1 in 9.8 is next up, looking for a decent price on one now.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Brave and the Bold #28 go big or go home!
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
After getting the Witchblade Encore gold foil variant this year, I'm hoping to land the Spring Pin-Up Special variant from the same convention this year

Post 15 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
the new venom statue from hottoys
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The ever elusive unicorns for me are common. Hulk 181 and Batman Adventures 12.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kinda, sorta interested in this book if the price and condition of the book is right. It's not a heavy hitter. I just think it's kind of neat.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely Werewolf by Night 32 tops my list
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
I'm kinda, sorta interested in this book if the price and condition of the book is right. It's not a heavy hitter. I just think it's kind of neat.

take note 2018 Secret Santa..
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I "want" an arcade machine for my comic room. Looking at either a TMNT, X-Men, or Avengers machine.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Not in order:
Hulk 180
Hulk 181
Batman 227
Batman 181

The hulk 181 I want a high grade and I’m going to pool all my overtime pay for it. The others I’ll just budget for I guess lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
I'm searching for a cover swipe to complete an entire Secret Wars set. I have every book except Deathmatch #2F

If I can obtain a copy of this book in 2018, that will surely make me smile. I need to clear an entire wall in my home to display this set. It's a lot of books!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think this year I'll be ready to buy Giant Size X-men #1 and Hulk 180-181.
Post 24 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

how much are you willing to pay 181 9.0, 180 8.0, and gsx 9.4? signed by 4 people on each
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
The Crow #3 1st print at a decent price. Action Comics 252.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

how much are you willing to pay 181 9.0, 180 8.0, and gsx 9.4? signed by 4 people on each

What is the offer
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Transformers Drift #4 Central Canada Comic Con variant & Transformers Spotlight Orion Pax retailer incentive. The two most elusive books for my TF run. Possibly a GSX #1 after this deployment.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Transformers Drift #4 Central Canada Comic Con variant & Transformers Spotlight Orion Pax retailer incentive. The two most elusive books for my TF run. Possibly a GSX #1 after this deployment.

"Possibly" lol that's what I said after my last deployment about a Showcase #22. Congrats on the GSX#1, it's as good as bought lol
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Lol. I'm not even trying to pretend that I won't buy it. The only question is how high quality of a copy do I want?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600902 78 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?