Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureToysToys Statues

Funko POP! Figures5109

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
While I'm not a big collector of POP! figure, I do pick one up when I think it's particularly cool.

The one that came in this month's Marvel Collector Corps box is one of the coolest POPs I've ever seen & I thought I'd share:

A 6" Grey Hulk with a 3 3/4" retro Bruce Banner, designed to mirror the cover of Incredible Hulk #1.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I like that one.

I'm the same way.
I picked up Korg recently.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve never bought a Pop figure but I get them as gifts every now and again. After getting 2 from my secret Santa, I now have like 7
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I also got one for my brother in law named Sam, the LOTR Samwise Gamgee. Epic.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here are my other prized POPs.

NYCC 2016 Killing Joke Joker

Swamp Thing, signed by Adrienne Barbeau.

Marvel Collector Corps old school Iron Man.

The one other one I love that I don't have a spot for is the NYCC Kitty Pryde w/ Lockheed.

Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I've never liked Funko pops. That said the only 2 I ever considered purchasing are Cousin Eddie (Xmas vacation) & Bob Ross (the artist).
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

2014 TMNT
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Funko POP! Vinyl Figure
APRIL O'NEIL
Retired Figure into the vault

Signed by Megan Fox
PSA/DNA #AB21871
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Jon Bernthal Signed "FRANK CASTLE" with skull on a Funko Vinyl Pop! Figure of The Punisher - Walgreens Exclusive #80 signed in March 2017 with Trinity Comics.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
LoL....when they first came out, I saud to myself and son...."oh great, another toy frachise. I'm not going to be picking these up."...as I held the original Batman series 1.

I now have numerous.

Sheez....what happened Tim???

My Spidey collection....

I actually just picked up Dr. Seuss "The Cat in the Hat" figure for a gift, as well as wrapped the newest "Pennywise" for my son.

I also only pick up the cool ones, or hard to find chase/flocked/metal/less than 500 versions. That is where the $$$ start come in.

Happy hunting.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I did a Blizzard "Character Select" shelf above my computer w/ Funko Pop; it would be great as a Heroes Of the Storm display, but they don't get the Pop's out fast enough. The D'Va & Reinhardt are impressive.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I've never liked Funko pops. That said the only 2 I ever considered purchasing are Cousin Eddie (Xmas vacation) & Bob Ross (the artist).

There's a Bob Ross pop? That's awesome. I just got the Bob Ross Chia head for my birthday. I'll have to look for the pop.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Morty that I got for my Rick costume at NYCC last year, and I got the Lemmy one, because I miss Lemmy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnessThere's a Bob Ross pop? That's awesome.[/quote

You know someone is going to take the body & hair from the Bob Ross pop & the head from a Deadpool pop & make a Deadpool 2 Trailer pop.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
The first ones my wife and I picked up were from the first year Funko started releasing Christmas Pops... So, Rudolph, Santa, Bumble, Buddy the Elf, then Nightmare Before Christmas... Then, I got sucked in with some of the others. We have a few too many.... Probably a hundred too many? Ha ha ha... I was a member of the Marvel Collector Corps for five boxes (just got bored), tracked own other "things" here and there, but never really got into chases except for a Buddy this year for my wife (not pictured). Hmmm.... I'll take some pictures of others in a little bit. I do have some fun ones, but some are in my son's room (star wars) and the rest are in my office. We buy Star Wars and Sesame Street for him, because he's obsessed and two, but they're on top of his dresser and unopened.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
While I'm not a big collector of POP! figure, I do pick one up when I think it's particularly cool.

The one that came in this month's Marvel Collector Corps box is one of the coolest POPs I've ever seen & I thought I'd share:

A 6" Grey Hulk with a 3 3/4" retro Bruce Banner, designed to mirror the cover of Incredible Hulk #1.

This one made me think about re-joining the Collectors Corps...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Here's a chunk of what I have. Some of the sets are because I like things, other are because my wife does, some are both. There are cool Star Wars ones, but, again, can't get to them right now.

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know much about these things, but I do find them interesting. Why do they call them "POP"? Do their heads pop off, or is it just short term for "popular culture"?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I don't know much about these things, but I do find them interesting. Why do they call them "POP"? Do their heads pop off, or is it just short term for "popular culture"?

Pop = pop culture, yep.

Old article, but... https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/incredible-rise-of-funko-pop-20141112
Post 19 IP   flag post
Did the Pop! people get scared off? Ha ha... Personally, every store I walk into where I know there might be Pops!, I have to resist the urge to walk back and look. When you get sucked in, it can get bad. My wife and I were buying them like crack for a while, then I went cold turkey for a while. Recently, it has been more VERY specific purchasing. Otherwise, we would be overrun. The one thing I have still resisted is purchasing REALLY expensive ones online (aftermarket) for chase, sell-outs, exclusives, vaulted, etc... I was around buying not too long after they started and I missed the boat on a lot of fun ones because didn't want to get sucked into another collectible. I should have stuck with the instinct, ha ha.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Pop! figures..the hipsters Bitcoin?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
Pop! figures..the hipsters Bitcoin?

If they were really worth anything, ha ha... I have a LOT worth nothing and a few worth a little. Seems like the ones that sell well are the ones no one can get unless they're lucky, wait in long-@$$ed lines, or pay a lot to get them from people who did.
Post 22 IP   flag post
All my valuable pop's are pretty much Blizzcon Exclusives that a friend (who goes every year) picks up. I get them as birthday or Christmas presents; aside from my friends being awesome, con-exclusive pop's, or ones with wicked difficult signatures (James Earl Jones signed Darth Vader, Lenard Nimoy signed Spock, etc.) are pretty much the only ones worth money. I have the full Murloc set, Demonic Tyrael, chrome Kerrigan, & special edition Overwatch set (Tracer, D.Va, Soldier 76, Reaper color swaps, Reinhardt w/o helmet, etc.).

I pick up a few of the new ones here & there. I want to grab the Tron set b/c its my favorite childhood movie, and I want to get the full set of Jay & Silent Bob pop's as I am a Kevin Smith fan.

If Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back II results in a C**k-Knocker pop, I don't care if I have to move Heaven & Earth, I *will* get that sucker signed by Mark Hamill.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@BabaLament Yeah, that's awesome! Thus the "pop" in Pop! Exclusives, sigs, and what "pop culture" calls to you... I think that's what we, as collectors, are drawn to. Why not?

I haven't gone the sig route with them (yet), but one hard thing is carrying too many things around a con these days when I don't know in what "condition" I'll be going - for a signing, helping at a booth, carrying a toddler, pushing a wheelchair, or some combination thereof. Smashables like Pops! make it tougher.
Post 24 IP   flag post
when u get them signed please tell me you flatten the box out and just have them sign that window bagged in comic bag/board? I cannot fathom a guy walking around a con holding 20 pop figures getting them signed, dropping them all over the place, people tripping on them, dying in the streets
Post 25 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke $%#@, I hadn't even thought of that... smart! ha ha ha... But, I also don't carry them to cons, so I have not done that kind of prep work.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I've only had one POP! signed & I brought it sealed in the box.

If you're having multiple POPs signed, the flattened box method makes sense. However, this involves the box to be opened & the figure removed. The figure is technically then Near Mint & not MIB.

Also, the figures can usually be returned to the box without damaging the packaging, but it's tough to do it without the lid showing some separation at the edge.

If you're doing it for your own collection, it doesn't matter. But if it's for resale, a POP! collector might want to know the figure was returned to the box.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
If you're having multiple POPs signed, the flattened box method makes sense. However, this involves the box to be opened

But yet you can close it all back up as if it was never opened. There's no tape, no interlocking tabs, and no risk to flattening the boxes out.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Yes. It usually shows a little separation at the edge, but it can be done.
Post 29 IP   flag post
600675 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?