Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Silver AgeQuestions

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE STAN LEE SIGN?507

Collector Revan_Q private msg quote post Address this user
Over the weekend I put the Premier Issue of Invincible Iron Man on layaway at a shop near me. My goal is to have it signed by Stan Lee at RI Comic Con and then graded. Curious to know what everyone else's thoughts are for what they would have him sign and graded?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user

I had him sign mine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Action 1
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent out my X-Men issue 35 to get signed by Stan, and hopefully I will be able to do the same with my X-Men issue 49 later on in the year at the RI Con.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I want him to sign my Secret Wars #8. It's not in the best of conditions, but Black suit Spidey has always been my favorite comic character. I just hope I can get it before he kicks the bucket. I've read that he won't be doing international tours in the near future due to age.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here was my choice ...

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by slq955
Curious to know what everyone else's thoughts are for what they would have him sign

"Stan Lee". Anything else wouldn't make sense.

And on my FF 51, because it's a great story. Maybe on my FF annual #3, another of my favorite stories, plus he's in it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Batman #232. It wouldn't be a Stan Lee signature if it wasn't on a book he had nothing to do with!

Truthfully, it will probably be my X-men #3. It needs a reholder anyway, so may as well get it signed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
A blank cheque
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Muaythaiguy private msg quote post Address this user
"What If #11 Fantastic Four" and Avengers#32 this year at the RI Con
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I have half a dozen signed Stan Lee books. So now if I get anything else signed I prefer it be something unusual, uncommon. My last signature was on Black Rider #8 which is a photo cover with Stan Lee dressed up as the Black Rider. Stan got a kick out of signing that book - holding it up and asking who is this handsome guy on the cover.

Other items I have my eye on include Comic Reader 179 from 1980 (fake Stan Lee Death issue) And Foom 17.

I also have had him sign a couple of coverless key issues. The page one splashes on books like TOS 39, JIM 83 and Hulk 1 are at least as dramatic as the covers. My thinking is Stan's signature on those otherwise much less loved books make them feel a bit more special.

Finally, I have a friend that has had Stan sign some really unusual items. He found a couple of Stan Lee busts and had Stan sign one of those. Again, something Stan actually paused for a bit and enjoyed signing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector FN_2199 private msg quote post Address this user
At MegaCon, I was standing behind a 10 year old getting his F/VF Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 100 signed by Stan Lee. His mother explained that he was able to purchase the book with his own money and she bought him the ticket for the Stan Lee signature. It was more for the chance to meet Stan. He also had a 16-17 year old brother who gave his little brother a homemade Stan Lee paper mache mask to wear that he had made when he was the same age as his little brother. We all convinced the kid to ask Stan for a bonus signature on the sunglasses of the mask. Who can turn down a 10 year old right? This was his chance to get a freebie.

When we got up to the signing the kid was wearing the mask as Stan signed his book, I said, "Hey look it's little Stan Lee!" Stan looked up and smiled. The kid asked to get his signature on the mask but Stan's handlers said he already got his signature so Stan said, "Get me the silver pen." Stan signed the mask for him as well as his book and the handlers kept trying to move the line. So Stan said, "Take a picture." "OK, Stan." the handler replied. "Send that to me, would you?" The handler nodded and reminded him of the line.

I then got my book signed and he shook my wife's hand. So we finally got to meet Stan Lee and the kid and his brother have a great Stan Lee story to tell.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector FN_2199 private msg quote post Address this user
I know Stan Lee puts his signature on all kinds of stuff, but I only get it in person and on books that he has had a hand in creating.

So far I have Amazing Spider-Man 31 and 40 signed.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I have half a dozen signed Stan Lee books. So now if I get anything else signed I prefer it be something unusual, uncommon. My last signature was on Black Rider #8 which is a photo cover with Stan Lee dressed up as the Black Rider. Stan got a kick out of signing that book - holding it up and asking who is this handsome guy on the cover.

Other items I have my eye on include Comic Reader 179 from 1980 (fake Stan Lee Death issue) And Foom 17.

I also have had him sign a couple of coverless key issues. The page one splashes on books like TOS 39, JIM 83 and Hulk 1 are at least as dramatic as the covers. My thinking is Stan's signature on those otherwise much less loved books make them feel a bit more special.

Finally, I have a friend that has had Stan sign some really unusual items. He found a couple of Stan Lee busts and had Stan sign one of those. Again, something Stan actually paused for a bit and enjoyed signing.

Here's one that's a little different:

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Charlieinarizona private msg quote post Address this user
How about this?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan

Here's one that's a little different:

That was my second choice, but I wanted the Marvel Age first.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Charlieinarizona private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of my favorites signed by Stan.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector BM_Cruz private msg quote post Address this user
To some, having Stan sign a mega key would be sacreligious....I think otherwise.

Having his sig on his most famous creation's 1st appearance I believe was worth it!

Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I would only have him sigh something he was actually involve with. I hate it when I see him sign stuff that he had no part in creating.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Before I was into grading, I had my The Amazing Spider-Man #143 signed. It is from my birth month and year. I will have it back tomorrow from being verified. :-)

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Owen_Lorder private msg quote post Address this user
No brainer here

Post 21 IP   flag post
600829 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?