Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver Age

Pressing comics yourself5061

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve had some of my books pressed by cbcs and cgc when I had them slabbed, since they charge by the value some have been over 400.00 per book. Plus the added time it take. I have a lot of books that pressing would definitely help a grade pump so I bought my own press and have so good success with doing so. I want to get some feed back if anybody thinks this is a good idea or just let the pros handle it. Also if you have technics or advise on how to press, thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
IBTL
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I know others doing that to.Prices are going up on comics all around.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Word of caution. This is from the Community Rules portion or the terms of usage for the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by community rules
*Discussing Alteration Techniques: Users may not share or otherwise discuss techniques for altering comics; including, but not limited to, restoration, pressing, cleaning, taping, or any other techniques that could result in temporary or permanent damage to a comic book. CBCS is in no way liable for any damage resulting from a user performing any technique they read or saw on the CBCS forum.

Violators can be subject to suspension.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I never got a warning my first time posting about this. Consider yourself lucky.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This is like watching the last days of the Garden of Eden. The moderators would be better off locking or deleting the thread before someone falls from Grace.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey sorry people, I’m new to the forum, didn’t realize the rules
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
🤔😒🙄
Post 9 IP   flag post
596791 9 9
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.