Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern Age

Any interest in these slabs?5038

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone interested in these slabs? I'm VERY hesitant to sell the iZombie, because it's Cooke, but... the others I have no tie to. Just let me know. I haven't put them on eBay or anything. No, not concerned about PayPal fees or anything, nor eBay fees (though I hate them), just haven't gotten around to it.

By the way, on the iZombie front, I also have a raw regular cover...

This is me - https://www.ebay.com/usr/erivan

All are first print, of course...

iZombie 1 9.8 - Darwyn Cooke Retailer Incentive Cover:

Jean Grey 1 9.8 - KRS Comics Exclusive, signed by Tyler Kirkham:

Monstress 1 9.8 - Regular Cover

Seven to Eternity 1 9.6 - Regular Cover

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mickcatron private msg quote post Address this user
oh I really like that Jean Grey
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Love the DarwynCooke iZombie and Monstress 1. Would be all over the Monstress 9.8, but I gots one already. Nice books.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcatron
oh I really like that Jean Grey

Helps if there is a comparable "actual" sale on eBay, right? I'm not looking to rip anyone off, especially on the boards here... I'll PM you. If you think it sounds fair, let me know.

@dpiercy I'll send you a PM as well on the iZombie... If you're intereste in the raw, too, we can discuss. I hate to see it go, but... sigh...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Mickcatron private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like there was one best offer sale, that's all I see for SS.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Please send me a PM with asking prices.

Thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Not interested but just wondering what made that S2E a 9.6? I have a raw copy, and every other variant of 1 in raw except the Comic Bug variant, I've got a 9.8 for that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@thpike Let me check the notes.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@thpike "wear bottom spine breaks color" Honestly, I should have had the book pressed first... I haven't sent ANY of my books to be pressed. The only two books I've ever had pressed are my Hulk 181 and X-Men 101 before they were signed by Stan Lee and graded.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@thelastbard ahh I had my Comic Bug variant pressed, and it probably wouldn't have gotten a 9.8 if it hadn't been. I was really impressed with that service.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
@thelastbard ahh I had my Comic Bug variant pressed, and it probably wouldn't have gotten a 9.8 if it hadn't been. I was really impressed with that service.

There's a local-ish place that does pressing, it's just not a direction I head very often. I need to with some of my books in the "to be graded" stacks before I even consider sending them in. Luckily, I have others I want to send to keep me busy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You didn't list any prices brah
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
You didn't list any prices brah

Here, I'll just post them, ha ha... I had to look up what would be considered fair. I did an analysis on eBay and just knocked off a bit from what I saw.

All shipping is assuming CONUS.

Jean Grey KRS Virgin Signed 9.8 - $115 shipped
iZombie 1 Cooke 9.8 - $160 shipped
Monstress 1 9.8 - $110 shipped
Seven to Eternity 1 9.6 - $52 shipped

If anyone is interested in multiple books, I'll "package", of course. The prices are fair, I think.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@thpike "wear bottom spine breaks color" Honestly, I should have had the book pressed first... I haven't sent ANY of my books to be pressed. The only two books I've ever had pressed are my Hulk 181 and X-Men 101 before they were signed by Stan Lee and graded.

Based on the note - pressing would not have made it to 9.8
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard

Based on the note - pressing would not have made it to 9.8

You can get away with a TINY imperfection in a 9.8. My thought is that if the book was pressed, that single imperfection could have been the only detractor, pushing it up to a 9.8. The notes they put on the the grade are the defect(s) that kick it down a notch. I'm staring at the corner... It's more like a crease about 1/32" of an inch in from the bottom left hand corner that COULD be pressed out. No blunting at all. I mean, seriously, the 9.6 was likely due to a number of minuscule factors and the little crease knocked it. My 9.8 eye is pretty good.

Doesn't matter, though... Not like I'm going to crack it and press it!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Its interesting because that cover also has cracks kinda printed on to it... you know what I mean? Its my favorite series right now so I'm just glad other people enjoy it
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Interested in Montress. Please DM with a price.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I'm gonna be posting a monstress #1 9.8 ss Liu, Takeda for sale soon. clean sigs in silver sharpie I've never sold on Ebay but it seems like the way to go for this one. Could you guys help me out with what to ask for it?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremy_K - Tough one: depends on what you paid for sigs. What is median for a 9.8 now...$150? Seems like you could get $300 for it. Will it sell quickly or will you need some patience? That is the question. Is that too low?
Post 19 IP   flag post
@dpiercy @Jeremy_K Yeah, I've seen the SS ones go for $300 - $350 and a little higher... Right now, there ar. I had mine at CBCS during SDCC and a friend of mine said, "I could have gotten it double-signed for you at SDCC and sent to CGC!!!!" Well... Oops! When I got the books back, they aren't a huge number of sold listings to work from.

If you're going to sell on eBay, I'd say put it up for $300 or a little higher BIN and see if someone offers you a little under that. Maybe someone will snag it for that or right around.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
thank you guys very much.
Post 21 IP   flag post
600834 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?