Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Venom & Symbiotes - Show some love!5029

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I know a lot of you are Venom and Symbiote lovers out there... Let's see some of your collections. Slabbed, raw, signed, remarked, sketch covers, whatever! My collection is small, and I'll need to dig some things out, but this came in the mail yesterday from KRS Comics... Been wanting the set for a while.

And, just to get slabs in the mix....

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few that i have collected over the years.

Post 2 IP   flag post
@comicsforme Just a few, ha ha!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I think Dell'Otto and Mattina are drawing the best covers for Venom.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't really collected any special symbiote books but here's a few of my favorite covers:

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Not a fan, but I have a few items with him in them.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Some really nice covers. I tend to believe most venom covers are gimmicky, but I've grown to find them appealing and some of the artwork is astoundingly good.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Just a taste.

Post 9 IP   flag post
@BabaLament Looks like you've had a couple of cool commissions done! Can you show closer pics of them? Or is that just one in the center (left)?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Center left is a Venom commission from Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con by Bordin Matt Markinsul. It takes up both sides of the cover. I'll take more photos when I get home.

The other two on the left are the Venom #1 McFarlane B&W & Venom #5 Clayton Crain. I just got the Venom #1 McFarlane Color in the mail; that'll be off to CBCS the next time I have enough books together.

I'm still looking for a copy of the Venom #150 Clayton Crain; the one w/ Venom swinging, that isn't extremely overpriced. If I can save enough money early next year, I'm buying the Clayton Crain original Carnage art swipe of that cover.

I have some commissions in the works; I'm having 25 custom ASM #300 cover swipes made by various artists in the various costume/character combinations that (to date) have not been done by Marvel. The one I'm most excited for is a Venom/Noir version by Brent Schoonover. I
Post 11 IP   flag post
@BabaLament Just PM'd you about a couple of artists you might check out for commissions...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Does anyone have a high-grade ASM #375 for sale? It’s not an expensive book but my copy’s been pretty well-loved and I wanted to send a nicer copy to an upcoming Bagley signing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Does anyone have a high-grade ASM #375 for sale? It’s not an expensive book but my copy’s been pretty well-loved and I wanted to send a nicer copy to an upcoming Bagley signing.

I *might* have a second copy in high grade. I'm going to the hangar today actually so I'll have a look. *writes on post it note*
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke ASM 569 2nd Print... NICE!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

I *might* have a second copy in high grade. I'm going to the hangar today actually so I'll have a look. *writes on post it note*

Thank you!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Speaking of... did you see the new Venom Inc KRS Exclusive from Tyler Kirkham? Goes on sale at 10AM EST on Saturday...

https://krscomics.com/

Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Speaking of... did you see the new Venom Inc KRS Exclusive from Tyler Kirkham? Goes on sale at 10AM EST on Saturday...

https://krscomics.com/

...I had money once. Then they released additional Venom covers.
Post 19 IP   flag post
ooooo that black cat in the red tank is hawt brah

As it happens, I do not have an extra ASM 375, sorry
Post 20 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke No problem. I just like to ask the boards before heading to the 'bay
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Center left is a Venom commission from Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con by Bordin Matt Markinsul. It takes up both sides of the cover. I'll take more photos when I get home.

The other two on the left are the Venom #1 McFarlane B&W & Venom #5 Clayton Crain. I just got the Venom #1 McFarlane Color in the mail; that'll be off to CBCS the next time I have enough books together.

I'm still looking for a copy of the Venom #150 Clayton Crain; the one w/ Venom swinging, that isn't extremely overpriced. If I can save enough money early next year, I'm buying the Clayton Crain original Carnage art swipe of that cover.

I have some commissions in the works; I'm having 25 custom ASM #300 cover swipes made by various artists in the various costume/character combinations that (to date) have not been done by Marvel. The one I'm most excited for is a Venom/Noir version by Brent Schoonover. I

Nice books.

I'm curious as to what is the grade on the Venom 1 B&W McFarlane CGC slab and your reason for having CBCS grade it?

The only books I would ever crack put are PGX's.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
I'm curious as to what is the grade on the Venom 1 B&W McFarlane CGC slab and your reason for having CBCS grade it?

The Venom #1 is a CGC 9.4; I bought it that way at Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con last year. I was going to have CBCS crack it so I could have Todd McFarlane & Stan Lee sign it at the show, but that didn't work out.

The Stan Lee Collectibles guys were extremely misleading about what he would & would not sign; they were telling people as they got in line that Stan would only sign books purchased from their table (at $120-500/book), so people were upset. Con staff got complaints & straightened things out, but it was after I'd left. The McFarlane, Lifield, & Eastman signatures were free, but the line was so darn long that it stretched around the entire convention center by the time we arrived.

Maybe next year.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@BabaLament I heard McFarlane will not sign remastered covers... Maybe he will now? Not sure... So, you might not have luck on the Venom 1 Remastered. Would be good to check before you crack anything, send it in to have it done someplace, etc...

Yeah, though, there have been a LOT of Venom-related covers, but we do know why. Not all of them are amazing, but there have been some good ones. My favorite recent one is still...

Spectacular Spider-Man 4 "Venomized"

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to a nod from @dielinfinite in another thread about your favorite books, I wanted to show some venom-symbiote love too.

One of my first Spider-Man comics and the first comic I treated with as much care as a 10 year old kid is capable of. I loved reading this book countless times. So when I discovered that there were foreign language editions out there, I set out to collect as many as I could possibly find. As far as I and my foreign collector friends know this is a "complete" set, meaning it contains every known edition. Here they are:

Top: US Direct (double cover), Netherlands, Italian (Platinum), Italian
Middle: US Newsstand, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Spain
Bottom: Australia, Brazil, Poland, Mexico, Finland

Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
When I discovered that there were foreign language editions out there, I set out to collect as many as I could possibly find. As far as I and my foreign collector friends know this is a "complete" set, meaning it contains every known edition.

Nicely done! I've been scouring the internet trying to find an Italian edition of Lethal Protector #1. There was one on eBay about a month ago, but it was way overpriced. Still, the search continues.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Hello all!

I blame this thread. All day I've been thinking "gee, I wish I had more Venom covers." So I picked up the first appearance of the black costume set.

I already have a couple copies of Secret Wars #8, so I followed it up w/ an ASM #252, Marvel Team-Up #141, and Spectacular Spider-Man #90. I'm not really sold on Marvel Age #12, seeing as how its concept art/sketches, not truly part of the comic. Maybe I'll pick it up at a later date. I also grabbed an ASM #258 b/c why not?

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament Nice! ASM 258 gets overlooked a lot but it's pretty important to the storyline in my opinion. Also first appearance of "Bombastic Bag Man" (spidey in an old FF uniform and a paperbag over his head).

Another cheap book to add might be Fantastic Four #274, the symbiote escapes from FF labs.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@bythegram I love the ASM 258 cover and the animated series’ adaptation of that scene
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
Another cheap book to add might be Fantastic Four #274, the symbiote escapes from FF labs.

I did not even think about this! Excellent idea! Thank you sir.
Post 30 IP   flag post
607362 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?